Globe and Mail's Predictions, and mine for the Caps series.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Globe and Mail's Predictions, and mine for the Caps series.

Eric DuhatschekCapitals in six
    David EbnerCapitals in seven
    Sean GordonCapitals in seven
    Roy MacGregorCapitals in seven
    James MirtleBruins in six
    David ShoaltsBruins in four

I now have a much greater respect for Shoaltzie. Cool

I'm thinking Bruins in 5, maybe 6. Washington's goaltending is extremely questionable. But the biggest reason is that that team just isn't built for Playoff hockey. TBay destroyed them last year, and they haven't done anything to get better, so I can't see how they are a real threat. I thought Joel Ward might give them that grit and ability to score tough goals, but he's been a bust. 

Put the puck in Wideman's corner and pressure him all night. We all know what happens when Wideman has to handle the puck in his own end. Also, hammer the sh*t out of Green, and that should pretty much finish them off. If they can't get the play started from the point, their game becomes predictable and much easier for Chara and Co. to shut down. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Globe and Mail's Predictions, and mine for the Caps series.

just shows that Toronto's best are as bad as those in Boston. Ever wonder if any of these media guys ever played the game?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Globe and Mail's Predictions, and mine for the Caps series.:
    [QUOTE]just shows that Toronto's best are as bad as those in Boston. Ever wonder if any of these media guys ever played the game?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I rarely read The Globe and Mail. It is my least favourite paper for sports. I wouldn't consider them having the best although I do like Duhatschek.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

WHAT are they smoking at the Globe?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Globe and Mail's Predictions, and mine for the Caps series.:
    [QUOTE]WHAT are they smoking at the Globe?
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]
    They are probably just inhaling the funk coming from the Leafs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

No-one at the Globe and Mail has seen a decent hockey game in a decade because they are based in Toronto. They wouldn't know a good hockey team if their life depended on it.

Everyone at the Globe and Mail must have slept through the six games the Leafs played vs. the Bruins this year. Or, maybe they are hoping for some sort of revenge, on their behalf, by the Caps? HaHaHaHa!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Brunt and Shoalts are the only Globe hockey writers that know what they're talking about, and Brunt doesn't do predictions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Caps are scary.  They can beat you 7-2, or they could lose 7-2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think thats called inconsistent. The Caps can do that against other teams. I for one do not believe the Bruins will ever allow that to happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

pundits try to make themselves look like geniuses by picking the underdog....

aside from two shootout wins by the Caps, everything else points to the B'S coming out on top here....

B'S in five.... 

Sections
Shortcuts