Goal scoring and Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Goal scoring and Chara

well we've always known that, but those are very hard to find, and we know that the Bs will not sacrifice defensive game for that point producing abilities

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Ahh teh elusive PMDWPPA

(Puck moving defenseman with point producing abilities) now that name really sticks!

It would be awesome if Chara could score 19g again this season but it seems unlikely. Everyone over achieved that year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

What i notice about chara is he doesnt use the slapshot enuf, then theres the attacking opponents get on him quick and he is forced to dump in more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Goal scoring and Chara:
    What i notice about chara is he doesnt use the slapshot enuf, then theres the attacking opponents get on him quick and he is forced to dump in more.
    Posted by wallydouglas

Its because he takes to long to get the shot off. That year he and Wideman both were getting shots off fast, low, and on net! This year bOOOm slapper 5 ft over the crossbar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Trade for Duncan Keith, Kris Letang!! Seriously,  I think everything in terms of scoring is related to PP and our lack of one these past couple of seasons..

Two years ago the Bruins had a top 4 PP in the league, part of this team's problem  is they don't draw enough penalties because they have no speed coming thru the neutral zone and into the offensive zone.. Season is almost half over and the Bruins have one of the lowest PP opportunities in the league..
    Bruins had nearly 313 PP opportunities two years ago and scored 74 goals.. So far 130 PP Opps and a whopping 23 goals.. Only 4 or 5 teams have less.. They will fall way short of 2008 stats..

Dennis Wideman where are you?  He and Chara combined for 100pts that year.

Forwards need to help themselves... we only have 3 forwards  that have mustered over 10 goals.. Unacceptable!! Draw penalties, improve the PP and goal scoring will take care of itself..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Alot of peoples point totals are down, so if everyone had higher points totals like that year, they would score more. I hardly think you can single out one player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Yeah I'm sure Letang and Keith are available.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

You knoe it is harder than ever to get shots thru from the point.
    Teams now block shots with a winger, then  the centre then a d-man

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bieksa...wheeler for Bieksa....

he would be a nice fit in the east

Sections
Shortcuts