goalie interference question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

goalie interference question

last night contact was made with rinne as he came out of his crease, the goal was allowed. and the reason given for no-call was rinne initiated contact outside his crease. commentators chimed how great a non-call it was. our boy looch was contacted outside the crease by boucher- and was called for it. boucher came out of his crease to challenge the shot and  looch was prowling outside the blue. penalty. don't get it, am i missing something here? is that not an accurate assessment of the rule,or just chalk it up to poor officiating?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: goalie interference question

In Response to goalie interference question:
    last night contact was made with rinne as he came out of his crease, the goal was allowed. and the reason given for no-call was rinne initiated contact outside his crease. commentators chimed how great a non-call it was. our boy looch was contacted outside the crease by boucher- and was called for it. boucher came out of his crease to challenge the shot and  looch was prowling outside the blue. penalty. don't get it, am i missing something here? is that not an accurate assessment of the rule,or just chalk it up to poor officiating?
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Just like when Price stuck his glove out to touch Bergeron and then flopped like hit with a sledge hammer. Yet he got the call.

Ref's from game-to-game, team-to-team cannot make a consistent call and its maddening as a fan to watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

adk,

good post.  Knuble got one on Rolie the other night as well.  Rolie was standing outside the blue and basically got in his way. 
    My thought is if they are outta the blue too bad.  They have made rules to help goalies and they are cheating the system to get more calls.  I mean whats with the mask falling off every second or pushing the net off as well.  Great tactic to get your team a breather and the refs let it happen.

So my answer is poor officiating and the goalies using it to their advantage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: goalie interference question:
    In Response to goalie interference question : Just like when Price stuck his glove out to touch Bergeron and then flopped like hit with a sledge hammer. Yet he got the call. Ref's from game-to-game, team-to-team cannot make a consistent call and its maddening as a fan to watch.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

The Bruins have the Bad Boys reputation and the referees have been screwing them since Chara took out Pachoretti (great hit, lol). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

why have an area painted blue, if it means nothing? right? it is efing maddening. forget our frustration, how do the players know what a penalty is nowadays? the refs don't know 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Thats my point as well.  It was created to offer them protection.  Now they venture out of it.  I say they leave that area and its fair game.  Or take it out completely.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

The crease and the rules that come with it and DONT come with it are a complete joke. 

Lets see:  The crease should be where NO PLAYER can make a play hindering the goalies ability to play a puck.  If you make contact with him, its a penalty.  All goals where people were near the goalie SHOULD be reviewed (but they wont do this because they think it slows the game and the FANS want a faster game).  If a goalie is out of the crease AT ALL he should be fair game.  ITS THAT SIMPLE!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Unfortunately, as good as most hockey referees are, they are not consistent from game to game. Some players take advantage and dive or fake a contact. Equally unfortunate is that these same players don't think it's wrong to be fakers. Unlike any other sport, the speed of hockey makes calling penalties a very difficult job. we now have two refs where it used to be one. Often times the up ice ref has a better view than the in close ref, and they call the infraction, but also, most refs want to let the players play, and are hesitant to stop the flow with their whistle. Experienced refs are more dependable as inexperience can lead to harsher application of the rules. goalies who tend to wander, like Tim Thomas, need to be observant of the rules, and in Thomas's case his handling of the puck, behind the net is the weakest part of his Vezina like game.

Sections
Shortcuts