Goalies Getting the Gear Downsized Again...YES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Goalies Getting the Gear Downsized Again...YES!

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

I have a simple solution that would probably increase the scoring by 3 goals a game--just slant the goalposts inward instead of their current flat surface.  The integrity of the game would be maintained (versus increasing the goal net size) and all those agonizing post clangers would now be goals, and WITHOUT changing goalie pads or net size! I think this would work, IMO.

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

Where have you seen a goalpost with a flat surface?

EDIT: Nevermind, I responded without checking who wrote the post.  Another brilliant observation from OEC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

NAS I'm pretty sure you know this, but most knee injuries for goalies occur once they've gone down to block a shot which exposes the top of the knee.

The question is when was the last time you saw a d-man drop to his knees and take a shot while facing the shooter?

I assure you not one goalie has any part of his knee/thigh that is not protected.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I assure you not one goalie has any part of his knee/thigh that is not protected.

The thigh risers are a joke.  They're as legit to protect against injury as the glass pipes and bongs in the gas stations are for smoking tobaccy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

The thigh risers are a joke.  They're as legit to protect against injury as the glass pipes and bongs in the gas stations are for smoking tobaccy.

Like i've said before, there is no need for them. They started out as a form of protection but then were enhanced to cover the five hole. Knee wraps are much better for protection.

Sections
Shortcuts