Goaltending

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Goaltending

Is it just me or during this bump in the road has the defense been trying to play goalie too much.  I am tired of seeing defenseman in the net, behind goaltenders, scrambling, trying to stop shots.  Let the goalies make the save and clear out the bodies around them!  How many times have all five Bruins been below the dots, in the slot, only to have the opposing player finds a bouncing puck and deposits it in the net with rask or Thomas not able to move becasuse of interference by their own D man?  I am not one that is panicking about the B's recent slump, but the scrambling in front of the net has been ugly to watch.  Clean it up and the wins will come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Re: Goaltending

To add to that - how many of those d-men have tipped pucks by their own goalies during this recent slide? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Reminds me of the first team i coached, 5 year olds lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Shot blocks sure are great when they work though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

Tim Thomas, neck and neck with Roberto Luongo in the race for the "most overrated goalie" trophy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Goaltending:
    Tim Thomas, neck and neck with Roberto Luongo in the race for the "most overrated goalie" trophy
    Posted by TTisOverrated

Definitely an unbiased post with a name like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Shot blocks sure are great when they work though.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez, I like shot blocks, just keep them out front and don't interfere with your goaltender trying to move side-to-side.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Posted by TTisOverrated

Go somewhere else Troll.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

MeanE, you are right. Just posted on another thread that the entire league knows that speed will cause Claude's troops to sag and added congestion creates poor sight lines for the goalies. This "system" was ok until the league learned how to compensate by skating fast and wide, and shooting often into the goal front congestion. In addition, the sag plus stack 'em limits the ice coverage, especially the points, has the Bruins standing still or not moving very fast, and allows the attacking team more puck possesion. And, Claude isn't about to change.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

MeanE, you are right. Just posted on another thread that the entire league knows that speed will cause Claude's troops to sag and added congestion creates poor sight lines for the goalies. This "system" was ok until the league learned how to compensate by skating fast and wide, and shooting often into the goal front congestion. In addition, the sag plus stack 'em limits the ice coverage, especially the points, has the Bruins standing still or not moving very fast, and allows the attacking team more puck possesion. And, Claude isn't about to change.
    Posted by bogie6

Absolutely on point Bogie.  CJ has to go to Conference Finals to keep his job!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Goaltending : Dez, I like shot blocks, just keep them out front and don't interfere with your goaltender trying to move side-to-side.
    Posted by MeanE

I was totally sincere with that statement.Blocked shots are great but it looks/seems awful when a D-man deflects one past his own goalie.It's a catch-22 if you ask me.

Sections
Shortcuts