goaltending?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

goaltending?

So what's going on, this is getting out of hand. Is thomas really that tired or is the team infront of him causing it? Either way this s not good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: goaltending?

IF you're going to blame the goaltending at least blame it at the right time! Not much you can do thru screens. And your 4th line out against the other teams 1st.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: goaltending?:
    [QUOTE]IF you're going to blame the goaltending at least blame it at the right time! Not much you can do thru screens. And your 4th line out against the other teams 1st.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Being in proper position to let the puck hit you is a start. That was patrick Roy's greatest strength as a goalie. TT's got to relax and trust his skillls. He's trying to do too much instead of keeping it simple.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Thomas needs to be sent back to Finland for a month and let him battle back.  He is to distracted, slouching, care free, not seeing the puck and his body language is like he doesnt care.  Not blaming everything on him because the team in front of him is playing like a bunch of stooges.  They don't even belong in the NHL at this time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]IF you're going to blame the goaltending at least blame it at the right time! Not much you can do thru screens. And your 4th line out against the other teams 1st.

Night I didn't even blame the goaltending. You cant say its been good, I could look up TT's stats over the last 2 months but I'm afraid I might vomit.

In my opinion its a combination of a Thomas slump + injuries + fatigue. I was kind of hoping that with injuries and fatigue that goaltending might save us, but this is bad. You don't want to roll into the play offs reeling and face a hot 6-7 seed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Night I didn't even blame the goaltending. You cant say its been good, I could look up TT's stats over the last 2 months but I'm afraid I might vomit. In my opinion its a combination of a Thomas slump + injuries + fatigue. I was kind of hoping that with injuries and fatigue that goaltending might save us, but this is bad. You don't want to roll into the play offs reeling and face a hot 6-7 seed.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    Lately, TT has been giving up goals on plays that wouldn't be graded as scoring opportnities by the stats keepers. That's very telling because it's been going on for so long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It's been a total team effort, everyone has been bad except for a chosen few. That includes Thomas, I think he would admit he's been sub-par.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Now there is no question the whole team minus bergy has been playing downright awful. Whoever is making excuses and defending Thomas please pass me some of what you have been smoking,he may have been the worst player the last 2 months.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Night I didn't even blame the goaltending. You cant say its been good, I could look up TT's stats over the last 2 months but I'm afraid I might vomit. In my opinion its a combination of a Thomas slump + injuries + fatigue. I was kind of hoping that with injuries and fatigue that goaltending might save us, but this is bad. You don't want to roll into the play offs reeling and face a hot 6-7 seed.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    If you would've been reading my post lately. I already said that Thomas needs an allergy pill, because he's allergic to the puck lately. When I posted this I was talking about tonight's game specifically. There's nothing you can do as a goalie when you're screened, puck gets deflected right in front of you by you're own d-man, or the opposition! TONIGHT isn't the goalie's fault. Tonight is just brutal coverage!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Now there is no question the whole team minus bergy has been playing downright awful. Whoever is making excuses and defending Thomas please pass me some of what you have been smoking,he may have been the worst player the last 2 months.
    Posted by tbone77[/QUOTE]

Real easy isn't it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Being in proper position to let the puck hit you is a start. That was patrick Roy's greatest strength as a goalie. TT's got to relax and trust his skillls. He's trying to do too much instead of keeping it simple.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Tell me Mr. goalie coach. Where exactly should Thomas have been on the screen shots! Stick to defence Dez! You're out of your league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : If you would've been reading my post lately. I already said that Thomas needs an allergy pill, because he's allergic to the puck lately. When I posted this I was talking about tonight's game specifically. There's nothing you can do as a goalie when you're screened, puck gets deflected right in front of you by you're own d-man, or the opposition! TONIGHT isn't the goalie's fault. Tonight is just brutal coverage!

I knew this as I wrote that, it was a tough goal but I think that primetime Thomas saves that. Something not right with Thomas right now and I think thats worse than all the injuries and everything else, in terms of this team winning games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Tell me Mr. goalie coach. Where exactly should Thomas have been on the screen shots! Stick to defence Dez! You're out of your league.
    Nite, TT has been awful for awhile. You crying about it won't channge it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Thomas has been subpar since January. What a collapse.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hey Nite, since you're a goalie (and apparently the only one capable of judging goalies as a result) why don't you tell us which Bruin TT can blame on the 5th goal(on 19 shots)?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I just hope TT plays a little better soon so he has a higher trade value in the off season...which is coming very soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WensinkOReillyJohnathan. Show WensinkOReillyJohnathan's posts

Thomas may have had let in some tonight because of screens but he has been lousey for 2 months. Many other players have been terrible as well over that time, all of the D men, Kelly (is he still playing), Marchand, etc, etc,.... As i type they get scored on again #5. Not sure who coughed up this one but the D is brutal. Booked a trip to Boston for the last two games of the season a few months ago and am regretting that decision!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Dez...he was obviously taken by surprise by that goal and, thus, had no chance to prepare for that chance. Why would a goalie be ready in a game situation for such a play? It's not like he has to be prepared at all times and for all situations!!!

I believe this would be the argument.....:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez...he was obviously taken by surprise by that goal and, thus, had no chance to prepare for that chance. Why would a goalie be ready in a game situation for such a play? It's not like he has to be prepared at all times and for all situations!!! I believe this would be the argument.....:)
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    Sounds about right. I don't like how he looks behind him after every save.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]It's been a total team effort, everyone has been bad except for a chosen few. That includes Thomas, I think he would admit he's been sub-par.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

Actually, Tim Thomas has never admitted fault on any goal. Not one. It's one of the things about him that annoy me to no end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Nite, TT has been awful for awhile. You crying about it won't channge it.

I KNOW HE'S BEEN AWFUL!! GEEZUZ how many times do I have to type it! I'm saying T-O-N-I-G-H-T wasn't a goalie's issue! I suppose the last goal was Thomas' fault too eh?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Sounds about right. I don't like how he looks behind him after every save.

The sign of a non-confident goalie. Hate to say it but he is sooo gone after the end of this year, regardless of how far they go in the playoffs IMHO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : I KNOW HE'S BEEN AWFUL!! GEEZUZ how many times do I have to type it! I'm saying T-O-N-I-G-H-T wasn't a goalie's issue! I suppose the last goal was Thomas' fault too eh?
    Well we can't expect him to stop more than 75% can we? I don't need you to tell me TT is stinking. My eyes are working. I also don't need you to act like a wounded animal every time someone else dares question your favourite player. You being a goalie doesn't mean you're the only one capable of judging one. In fact, it seems you have an inability to be truly objective in that regard.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Bruins are 9-14-1 since Tim Thomas White House no-show

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Any idea what his GA is since then?

Sections
Shortcuts