goaltending?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: goaltending?

In Response to Re: goaltending?:
    [QUOTE]Hey Nite, since you're a goalie (and apparently the only one capable of judging goalies as a result) why don't you tell us which Bruin TT can blame on the 5th goal(on 19 shots)?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

If I have to tell you than you really have no business watching the game. Why are you trying to make it sound that I NEVER placed any blame on TT. I've been bashing him from the get go! I was talking about tonites game. Sure Timmy would stop some of those shots if he's on top of his game. However, I think it's taking the easy way out to blame Thomas when he allows good goals! Good goals are deflections & screens. So let me ask you? Have you ever screened your goalie? Did you blame him when you didn't let him see the shot? Did you blame your goalie when the puck got deflected 4ft downward? Did you blame your goalie when you deflected the puck into your own net?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Well we can't expect him to stop more than 75% can we? I don't need you to tell me TT is stinking. My eyes are working. I also don't need you to act like a wounded animal every time someone else dares question your favourite player. You being a goalie doesn't mean you're the only one capable of judging one. In fact, it seems you have an inability to be truly objective in that regard.
    Thomas isn't my favourite player! And I'm more objective than most. Unlike you I can see when a player I like make a mistake and admit to it! "Mr. Marchand" who does no wrong! Go look in the mirror on that one!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : If I have to tell you than you really have no business watching the game. Why are you trying to make it sound that I NEVER placed any blame on TT. I've been bashing him from the get go! I was talking about tonites game. Sure Timmy would stop some of those shots if he's on top of his game. However, I think it's taking the easy way out to blame Thomas when he allows good goals! Good goals are deflections & screens. So let me ask you? Have you ever screened your goalie? Did you blame him when you didn't let him see the shot? Did you blame your goalie when the puck got deflected 4ft downward? Did you blame your goalie when you deflected the puck into your own net?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Nite, I'm not sure why you think I was a D-man as I only played there on the PP after I was older. TT needs to take a good position in the net and let pucks hit him. He's overplaying everything. I already said this earlier. A goalie can't give up 6 goals on 28 shots and then look elsewhere for someone to blame.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

The team is playing badly in all areas - forward, defense and goaltending however all you have to do is watch Thomas and compare him to last year to see that he is playing very poorly.  Last year he would steal games where his team hung him out to dry.  Right now as Dez said he is overplaying everything. Yes he was left alone on the last goal and the game was out of reach by then anyway, but he slid completely out of the net and left the guy the whole net.  I am not sure if he is injured or what but Thomas needs a rest and obviously Turco is not the answer as he looked even worse.  I think you give Hutchinson a chance and hope that he can inspire a tired team.  He can't be any worse. Things don't get any easier for the Bruins with a 3 game road trip out west and then they only get one day off and have to come back home to play Tampa. This team needs something to re-energize them and they are running out of options.  I know one school of thought is to not panic and to stick to what has been successful but I also would prefer them to try to do something different to get them out of a funk rather than just stay with the status quo.  It is not like they lost 3-2 and 2-0.  They got hammered two games in a row and they have not played well other than the odd game for a long spell.  It is time to do something bold to try to get this team back on track and the choices are limited.  Give the kid a chance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pictureguy. Show Pictureguy's posts

[QUOTE] You don't want to roll into the play offs reeling and face a hot 6-7 seed.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

It's looking like we might end up that 6-7-8 seed if this keeps up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Nite, I'm not sure why you think I was a D-man as I only played there on the PP after I was older. TT needs to take a good position in the net and let pucks hit him. He's overplaying everything. I already said this earlier. A goalie can't give up 6 goals on 28 shots and then look elsewhere for someone to blame.
     Regardles if you were a d-man or not. Have none of those experiences happened in the past? OK, tell me where his position should've been on those screen shots & deflections. You seem to know everything that Timmy is doing wrong. Where should he have been positionally. With the exception of the last goal & you started beaking before that. Where did TT overplay the puck?  Again I am talking about last nites game. There's goals that have been much worse than the ones last nite. You blaming Timmy on last nites lost is a typical cop out excuse! Where was your boy Marchand last night? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? :  Regardles if you were a d-man or not. Have none of those experiences happened in the past? OK, tell me where his position should've been on those screen shots & deflections. You seem to know everything that Timmy is doing wrong. Where should he have been positionally. With the exception of the last goal & you started beaking before that. Where did TT overplay the puck?  Again I am talking about last nites game. There's goals that have been much worse than the ones last nite. You blaming Timmy on last nites lost is a typical cop out excuse! Where was your boy Marchand last night? 
    Typical fooloish question. TT finishes with a stellar .793 save percentage and (in typical TT-like fashion) you ask where Marchand was, like it somehow makes a difference. On the 1st goal, TT needed to stay in the middle of the net instead of trying to steal a look at the puck carrier as he inserted the puck in the wide open cage (that TT left uncovered).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I commented on this on another thread. IMO other well coached teams are taking Tim's space away. They are putting big bodies right at the crease, and on the sides, limiting Tim's biggest asset, his movement and quickness. Craig Ramsey did it to perfection last night. He helped build Claude's defense, so he knows how to tear it down. In addition, Tim is not playing as well as he has in the past. His style is fatiguing, and rely's on quickness that is no longer there. Claude needs to decide how to modify his defensive responsibilities. It looked as though Houda was doing that during the game, but the changes left Tim open to shots he usually saves. He didn't. Ramsey has also rebuilt the Panthers defense into an experienced [ Cambell plus] and still young [Gudbranson] defensive force. The Bruins forwards worked hard, and didn't quit, but, unfortunately, every element has to work well at this point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The next person who references the TT no-show at the White House as the reason for the B's playing like crapola should pound themselves upside the head with a ball-peen hammer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Sure the defense is to blame for alot of the goals, but the fact is, last year TT was stopping those shots.  If the Defense was perfect and could prevent every goal, then we would'nt need a good goalie; any Joe off the street could play the position. But the defense is not perfect, has never been perfect and the Bs defense has relied on good goaltending to make up for it.  Since Jan. TT has been a shell of himself.

IMHO, TT has been playing like he did when Rask replaced him as a starter a few years ago...and remember what caused that?  An injury.  Defend him as much as you like, but the truth is, his play has been below average. Nearly every goalie we have played against has outplayed Thomas. He has been giving up rebounds in front of the net and shots from the outside corners have been finding their way in the net.  I believe that TT is either hurt, or is pre-occupied and his head is not in the game.  Either way, if he continues to play like this, we will be lucky to get into the playoffs and we better hope that Rask is ready come playoff time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : It's looking like we might end up that 6-7-8 seed if this keeps up.
    Posted by Pictureguy[/QUOTE]

If this keeps up, if it's not corrected soon, we wont make it to 6-7-8.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I agree he seems to be over playing the puck the whole team looks tired. I was unhappy to see TT in net last night. I know they need a win but the way TT is playing let him rest. They are going to need him if they make the playoffs which they should.

n Response to Re: goaltending?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Typical fooloish question. TT finishes with a stellar .793 save percentage and (in typical TT-like fashion) you ask where Marchand was, like it somehow makes a difference. On the 1st goal, TT needed to stay in the middle of the net instead of trying to steal a look at the puck carrier as he inserted the puck in the wide open cage (that TT left uncovered).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Typical fooloish question. TT finishes with a stellar .793 save percentage and (in typical TT-like fashion) you ask where Marchand was, like it somehow makes a difference. On the 1st goal, TT needed to stay in the middle of the net instead of trying to steal a look at the puck carrier as he inserted the puck in the wide open cage (that TT left uncovered).
    LMAO! You're goaltending intelligence just went out the window Dez! You don't concentrate on staying in the middle of the net! You concentrate on keeping your body to the center of the puck to the best of your ability. In order to do that YOU NEED TO TRY TO LOCATE THE PUCK!  Which why screening the goalie is so effective! It's pretty hard to stop what you can't see. TT knew Samuelson is a left handed shot which also good goaltending tells you that there's a good chance that a shot will come to the left, because the right side is the far side. Which there's 2 more body's plus half the goalie. Thomas only looked left, he didn't move left! Samuelson shot the puck thru a SCREEN!! And there's nothing anymore wrong with my Marchand question than you blaming Timmy on every goal he allows! Where was your boy? When was the last time he did his job? When was the last time he contributed anything? I suppose your "pet" has been fantastic thru all this eh? PURRRFECT!! Objectivity is something you have no business talking about Dez! When was the last time you said anything negative about your "boytoy"?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : LMAO! You're goaltending intelligence just went out the window Dez! You don't concentrate on staying in the middle of the net! You concentrate on keeping your body to the center of the puck to the best of your ability. In order to do that YOU NEED TO TRY TO LOCATE THE PUCK!  Which why screening the goalie is so effective! It's pretty hard to stop what you can't see. TT knew Samuelson is a left handed shot which also good goaltending tells you that there's a good chance that a shot will come to the left, because the right side is the far side. Which there's 2 more body's plus half the goalie. Thomas only looked left, he didn't move left! Samuelson shot the puck thru a SCREEN!! And there's nothing anymore wrong with my Marchand question than you blaming Timmy on every goal he allows! Where was your boy? When was the last time he did his job? When was the last time he contributed anything? I suppose your "pet" has been fantastic thru all this eh? PURRRFECT!! Objectivity is something you have no business talking about Dez! When was the last time you said anything negative about your "boytoy"?
    Oh, so as an experienced goalie, you suggest it's OK for TT to be almost behind the goal line in order to sneak a peak at the puck? Your reply is gibberish. Samuelsson is a RIGHT shot who shot the puck to TT's RIGHT as TT was looking left. Pathetic excuses for pathhetic play I suppose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Dez you are correct.  The Madden goal was pure ffing luck though!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: goaltending?:[QUOTE]The next person who references the TT no-show at the White House as the reason for the B's playing like crapola should pound themselves Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

It's a cliche for allot of Bruins fans nowadays so it's easy for some to keep saying it, WTL. The whole team together needs to take responsibility for their lame play. TT can't steal games because the Bruins defense lets teams walk right in all night long.

Putting blame on TT for this horrific slump is just plain dumb because the defense have been horrible at everything. Getting the puck out of their own zone cleanly, winning one on one battles, cleaning up rebounds, creating offense by possessing the puck longer etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : It's a cliche for allot of Bruins fans nowadays so it's easy for some to keep saying it, WTL. The whole team together needs to take responsibility for their lame play. TT can't steal games because the Bruins defense lets teams walk right in all night long. Putting blame on TT for this horrific slump is just plain dumb because the defense have been horrible at everything. Getting the puck out of their own zone cleanly, winning one on one battles, cleaning up rebounds, creating offense by possessing the puck longer etc.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Hi SanDog:

I don't think anyone is solely blaming TT for the slump because he is not getting shutouts every night. This is the worst possible scenario for the team right now because not only are there injuries and fatigue but both the D and TT seem to have lost confidence. I think it was Legion who mentioned that TT was looking behind himself after many shots which is not a good sign. It is the perfect storm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thomas has played subpar for an extended period of time now.As bad as he's been I'm not sure the way this team has played if you can blame any one loss on him. I just dont remember them losing games 7-5 or 8-6, and if Thomas has been awful as most of you say, the team in front of him has been god awful for just as long if not longer.

Lots of people with short memories around here cause I seem to remember Bruins wiining a whole lot of games BEACAUSE of him, than losing some because of him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I seem to remember saying that Rask should have been playing more often a couple months ago and all I got was grief from most of the posters here.  Now we have a tired Thomas and a washed up Turco.  I checked the GA and SV% since the injury to Rask and was surprised to find that Thomas and Turco have almost identical numbers.  Julien needs to play Turco and let Thomas rest even if it means losing a couple of games.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas has played subpar for an extended period of time now.As bad as he's been I'm not sure the way this team has played if you can blame any one loss on him. I just dont remember them losing games 7-5 or 8-6, and if Thomas has been awful as most of you say, the team in front of him has been god awful for just as long if not longer. Lots of people with short memories around here cause I seem to remember Bruins wiining a whole lot of games BEACAUSE of him, than losing some because of him.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Totally. Whatever the cause, Timmy's mental just isn't as sharp as it once was. Just hope his trip down Tiger Woods Road is just about over now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Hi SanDog: I don't think anyone is solely blaming TT for the slump because he is not getting shutouts every night. This is the worst possible scenario for the team right now because not only are there injuries and fatigue but both the D and TT seem to have lost confidence. I think it was Legion who mentioned that TT was looking behind himself after many shots which is not a good sign. It is the perfect storm.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    I think you need to read some post again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

TT shouldnt be practicing.  He needs to rest.  It was f'ing stupid to bring him into the Lightning game when we were down 3-0 in the first.  I almost threw my Sierra Nevada through the TV.  The dude is on fumes, the game is out of hand, and you BRING HIM IN.

Leave Turco out there to dry!  What's the worst that can happen?  He's going to demand a trade.

If they gave Thomas Monday & Wednesday off from practice, and left Turco out there, that would have been the perfect time to rest Timmy.  The Bruins need to FORCE him to take a break.  Thomas is the worst person to ask regarding whether or not he is fatigued.  He is too competetive to say yes.  Dont ask TT if he needs a break, FORCE him to take one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: goaltending? : Oh, so as an experienced goalie, you suggest it's OK for TT to be almost behind the goal line in order to sneak a peak at the puck? Your reply is gibberish. Samuelsson is a RIGHT shot who shot the puck to TT's RIGHT as TT was looking left. Pathetic excuses for pathhetic play I suppose.
    You didn't answer the question Dez! You seem to so quick to blame Thomas for every goal! You're the one who pointed the finger at me and said that I can't look at things objectively! I prove all the time that I most certainly do! Tell me 2 different times where you placed any blame on your "hero" for anything he's ever done! So I made a mistake in thinking Sameulson was a left shot. Regardless, if you're a goalie you still need to try and track the puck! You know that, but you're being stubborn like most Martimers are & refusing to give in. Which is another thing you never do! Admit your ever wrong to anything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas has played subpar for an extended period of time now.As bad as he's been I'm not sure the way this team has played if you can blame any one loss on him. I just dont remember them losing games 7-5 or 8-6, and if Thomas has been awful as most of you say, the team in front of him has been god awful for just as long if not longer. Lots of people with short memories around here cause I seem to remember Bruins wiining a whole lot of games BEACAUSE of him, than losing some because of him.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    It's just the closet haters Kel. Or the ones that hate his political views so they can't wait to rub that in.

Sections
Shortcuts