good for a laugh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

good for a laugh

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403502

TSN's article on the rules summit. Pretty basic, until you get to the comments section - it's post after post about how Campbell fixed the Cup for the Bruins. Gave me a chuckle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: good for a laugh

In Response to good for a laugh:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403502 TSN's article on the rules summit. Pretty basic, until you get to the comments section - it's post after post about how Campbell fixed the Cup for the Bruins. Gave me a chuckle.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Vancouver fans still whining

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Here's a suggestion...ENFORCE THE RULES!!! This has been an ongoing issue since the carnage permitted in an effort to allow Colin Campbell's favoured Bruins win a Stanley Cup. When a player can be punched in the face 1,2,3,4, times in succession with the referee watching and no penalty is called, then it doesn't matter what kind of 'think tank' you have. The NHL, and their officials have to get away from the incompetent excuse making that a penalty is determinant upon the time of the game and the importance of the game. If it is an infraction, then it needs to be called, regardless of the nature of the game or the period in which the infraction occurs. It's called consistency...something Colin Campbell never exercised in his disciplinarian role and something we shouldn't ecpect of him in any role."

This must be a very young Shab fan! Apparently "
    go4habs" never watched the Bruins try to win a playoff game at the ol Forum during the 70s or 80s LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: good for a laugh:
    [QUOTE]From: go4habs "Here's a suggestion...ENFORCE THE RULES!!! This has been an ongoing issue since the carnage permitted in an effort to allow Colin Campbell's favoured Bruins win a Stanley Cup. When a player can be punched in the face 1,2,3,4, times in succession with the referee watching and no penalty is called, then it doesn't matter what kind of 'think tank' you have. The NHL, and their officials have to get away from the incompetent excuse making that a penalty is determinant upon the time of the game and the importance of the game. If it is an infraction, then it needs to be called, regardless of the nature of the game or the period in which the infraction occurs. It's called consistency ...something Colin Campbell never exercised in his disciplinarian role and something we shouldn't ecpect of him in any role." This must be a very young Shab fan! Apparently " go4habs" never watched the Bruins try to win a playoff game at the ol Forum during the 70s or 80s LOL
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

What was the old Harry line? And he had many, "death,taxes and the first penalty in Montreal"...I'd say he nailed it on the head.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to good for a laugh:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403502 TSN's article on the rules summit. Pretty basic, until you get to the comments section - it's post after post about how Campbell fixed the Cup for the Bruins. Gave me a chuckle.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

It was funny. I love to hear people cry and turn to conspiracy theories. Thier team(s) lost and they aren't capable of handling it so they have to come up with some whack-job reason. Add in the fact that they are pathetic whack-jobs themselves and this is what we have.

it's actually kind of sad, and I am more than happy to point out the fact that their sadness just widens the smile on my face.

Stay classy Canada.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to good for a laugh : It was funny. I love to hear people cry and turn to conspiracy theories. Thier team(s) lost and they aren't capable of handling it so they have to come up with some whack-job reason. Add in the fact that they are pathetic whack-jobs themselves and this is what we have. it's actually kind of sad, and I am more than happy to point out the fact that their sadness just widens the smile on my face. Stay classy Canada.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Now, now, kel... do we really want to start stereotyping an entire country's citizens because of comments made by some?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to good for a laugh : It was funny. I love to hear people cry and turn to conspiracy theories. Thier team(s) lost and they aren't capable of handling it so they have to come up with some whack-job reason. Add in the fact that they are pathetic whack-jobs themselves and this is what we have. it's actually kind of sad, and I am more than happy to point out the fact that their sadness just widens the smile on my face. Stay classy Canada.

You're presuming because it's a Canadian based website that it was a Canadian making the comment.

That's like thinking everyone on BDC posting is American.

It could have been an American who just happens to hate the Bruins posting. 

Stay classy kel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: good for a laugh : You're presuming because it's a Canadian based website that it was a Canadian making the comment. That's like thinking everyone on BDC posting is American. It could have been an American who just happens to hate the Bruins posting.  Stay classy kel.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Oh c'mon!! Okay, I apologize to my brothers from the north. But lets be honest, 99% of the people posting on TSN hockey forums are from Canada, and 100% of them complaining about the Bruins Cup are from Vancouver or Montreal. And from what I can tell at least 50% of the posters are Leafs fans. I don't think many Lightning fans are crying over the game 7 loss some 14 months later.

P.S When i start talking about percentages, I am right about 68% of the time, and i have about as much class as an out of work teacher!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It is so ridiculous, that I am constantly amazed at how many people actually make this argument.  Way more than it should be.  I believe that most Vancouver fans and Habs fans are intelligent enough to accept the reality, but it is amazing that the song of the schoolyard wimp (heard here from null) is echoed by so many like-minded losers.  It's baffling.

I mean even if there was some merit to it, it's still a loser's argument to blame the refs in a 7 game series.  It's even worse when 4 of the games were blowouts decided largely by a massive disparity in goaltending.  Why did they pull Luongo if it was actually the refs fault?

If you think the games are fixed -- why would you watch?  Why would you support a team that is pre-destined to lose??  It's insane.  If you think it's fixed, get another hobby for God's sake.  Spare yourself the tears.

There aren't a lot of Washington Generals basketball fans out there.  You know why?  Becuase the refs let the Harlem Globetrotters win!  If you really thought the games were fixed, and you had any dignity, you'd stop being a fan.  Otherwise, quit the self-pity party, dry your tears, and get back in the game.  The Habs and Canucks will win someday too, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: good for a laugh : Oh c'mon!! Okay, I apologize to my brothers from the north. But lets be honest, 99% of the people posting on TSN hockey forums are from Canada, and 100% of them complaining about the Bruins Cup are from Vancouver or Montreal. And from what I can tell at least 50% of the posters are Leafs fans. I don't think many Lightning fans are crying over the game 7 loss some 14 months later.  P.S When i start talking about percentages, I am right about 68% of the time, and i have about as much class as an out of work teacher!

In Canada we talk hockey during the off season . In Tampa Bay how many do you think do this ?

Percentages only please.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: good for a laugh : In Canada we talk hockey during the off season . In Tampa Bay how many do you think do this ? Percentages only please.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I was refering how many people talk hockey in Canada as compared to Tampa. I was being sarcastic (again). I appreciate the passion but shrug my shoulders at the conspiracy theories. There are just as many passionate idiotic Red Sox fans in Red Sox Nation (I hate this term) as there are Nuk fans. All you have to do is scroll the Red Sox Forum.

But since you asked for a percentage I'd say.   .001. And thats being generous.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: good for a laugh : I was refering how many people talk hockey in Canada as compared to Tampa. I was being sarcastic (again). I appreciate the passion but shrug my shoulders at the conspiracy theories. There are just as many passionate idiotic Red Sox fans in Red Sox Nation (I hate this term) as there are Nuk fans. All you have to do is scroll the Red Sox Forum. But since you asked for a percentage I'd say.   .001. And thats being generous.

Wrong.  Half the population there is displaced Quebecois post-retirement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: good for a laugh : Now, now, kel... do we really want to start stereotyping an entire country's citizens because of comments made by some?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I agree that this is incorrect.  I mean, it's not like we thought all people in Canada were d-bags just because the people in Vancouver decided to set their city on fire...twice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: good for a laugh : Wrong.  Half the population there is displaced Quebecois post-retirement.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking no. In fact, I'm guessing out of the whole state of Florida, Tampa has the least amount of retirees from Canada.

I'm also guessing they brought their loyalty to the hometown team with them down south.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

I love certain type of people in canada that always think there is some conspiracy theories. Hey remember when we lost to Wsh in the playoffs? Did us Bruins fan scream out conspiracy theories! No, you know why? Because we have respect for other teams that play well or in this case a goalie that played very well. We didn't scream out omg CHECK HOLTBY FOR STEROIDS! NO we didn't we were just like, well thats what we get for not getting a goal scorer at the dead line and to bad Horton was hurt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

BDC is in the USA. TSN is in Canada.  So, if I post, I post as an American.  Sorry for offending anyone who is a Canadian.  

As for the conspiracies, yawn, like Red said "good for a laugh".