Good Job PC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Good Job PC

Thank you for not selling the farm, so to speak. PC did a good job with what was out there. Time will tell if B.Rolston still has gas in the tank. We all know he knew his way to the net. If Horton does hear Who, then we will be most excellent going into the playoffs. The 2 D men are NHL starters, so at least we don't have to push our young talent over the threshhold. Good luck to Mr.Riendeau  and Mr. Kampfer.  Good job PC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Good Job PC

In Response to Good Job PC:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for not selling the farm, so to speak. PC did a good job with what was out there. Time will tell if B.Rolston still has gas in the tank. We all know he knew his way to the net. If Horton does hear Who, then we will be most excellent going into the playoffs. The 2 D men are NHL starters, so at least we don't have to push our young talent over the threshhold. Good luck to Mr.Riendeau  and Mr. Kampfer.  Good job PC.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Cantin.

I disagree, not a good job - a GREAT job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I am satisfied.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I am pleased. We didnt have to give anything up. All 3 are FA's at seasons end. Maybe if one of the D-men play well enough, he might get an offer from the B's for next season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

One of the background things that PC does that may not take notice to us, but to the players is that PC sticks to his word. He said from the get go that he didn't want to disrupt the chemistry & he stood by that. I think the players realize & appreciate that firmness. They know that PC isn't one to tell the media that "no we're not trading so & so." Then 2 days later he trades that player. Don't get me wrong. I think PC kicked a lot of tires & I think he may have thrown a current roster's name out there. However, I also believe that he would talk to the players involved before saying anything to the media. I think that's why so many markee players don't have an issue coming here anymore. The organization has improved as well as the team has.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Brilliant job by PC.  Adding 3 NHL caliber players without giving up any NHL caliber players is great work. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

In Chiarelli we trust!  He did the job last year and he's added some jam again this year.

We all want to see Rolston kick some a-ss.  Man that would be soooo sweet!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think he definetly adressed needs, i would like to see some better drafting, other than that, he has done a commendable job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

You gotta wonder who PC was really after. You know a deal must not have worked out for him to offer a player for Rolston, who was available for free over the weekend on the waiver wire.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

idiots....crowing about the great job of trading for a player that could have been had by anyone for nothing over the weekend. Some of you guys really are black and gold cultists.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The value of Yannick Riendeau and Marc Cantin is within epsilon of nothing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Good Job PC:
    [QUOTE]The value of Yannick Riendeau and Marc Cantin is within epsilon of nothing.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Not really, as BB pointed out 2 contracts cleared. 

If only they could have thrown in Hamill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stuke, I think Bruins fans will be talking about the Zanon trade as a really good trade to help bolster the 2011-2012 Bruins as a deft, slick move. Gotta really good feeling about this pick up.

I think if Rolston gets 13Mins TOI a game with either Peverley or Krejci feeding him in late March and April he could do some damage. Brian didn't have the centers on the Island he's going to have now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]You gotta wonder who PC was really after. You know a deal must not have worked out for him to offer a player for Rolston, who was available for free over the weekend on the waiver wire.
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

Dez posted on another thread that each NHL club is only allowed to have 50 players under contract so the B's were not eligible to sign Rolston without cutting someone loose (at least that's the way I understand it).  I think PC had these deals done yesterday but the Islanders were probably holding out to see if someone would make a better offer than PC, and no one did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He said he wanted to add to the team.  He did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]idiots....crowing about the great job of trading for a player that could have been had by anyone for nothing over the weekend. Some of you guys really are black and gold cultists.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be over on the Sox board ripping Beckett and the rest of the Finger Lickin' Frauds? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Stuke, I think Bruins fans will be talking about the Zanon trade as a really good trade to help bolster the 2011-2012 Bruins as a deft, slick move. Gotta really good feeling about this pick up.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Dawg - I'm intrigued by Zanon's acquisition also.  I can't remember the exact source but when he was a Pred I know I either read or heard that he was one of the most surprisingly strong players in the league for his 5-11, 211 size and that he hits everything. 

Here's something on him from the Minneapolis Star Tribune from Wild beat writer Michael Russo: "In 202 games with Minnesota since signing as a free agent three years ago, Zanon, 31, had four goals, 24 assists and was minus-17. He's a gutsy shot blocker and, as I mentioned the last few days, the type of gritty defenseman that playoff contenders often seek as a rental.  Zanon was popular his first year for throwing his body in front of everything, but he quickly fell out of favor with the Wild this year and spent seven games in the press box. His speed seemed to be an issue this year and his defensive gap has often been a subject of scrutiny." 

Could it be his lack of speed perhaps became problematic once the Wild transitioned from Lemaire's D-first style to an acknowledged more offensive scheme? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

His lack of speed will be bearly noticeable among the gazelles in the defense corps of the Bruins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Still failure to replace Rec and Ryder post season numbers. Rols can hopefully recapture his speed and play, but Pou is not.

Zan, Corv and Mott are all improvements on Kab, tho.  Carrying 2 spare D to the playoff run is all good and all are better than Kamp and Hnidy.

Pc is counting on return of Pev and Hort, as are we all.

GOAT!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Good Job PC:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Job PC :  Could it be his lack of speed perhaps became problematic once the Wild transitioned from Lemaire's D-first style to an acknowledged more offensive scheme? Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

A few things RHO, Fletcher and Chiarelli have a history of trades now. Last year they pulled of a trade that helped the Aeros of the AHL with a few players, Houston almost won the Calder Cup and the Bs landed a goaltender to develop in Khudobin.

Kampfer will help with Houston's push this season and will get playing time with Minnesota as well that he woudn't with Boston. It's also a salary dump for Fletcher as he knew he wasn't going to resign Zanon in the offseason, now he has a Dman with some NHL experience.

GMs trust when making deals with other GMs that they've dealt with in the past....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Job PC : Shouldn't you be over on the Sox board ripping Beckett and the rest of the Finger Lickin' Frauds? 
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    I suppose you are referring to my user name. It is possible to be a baseball and hockey fan you sanctimonious bore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

Way to live up to that Hahvid Degree P.C.  The moves you have made show u ah wicked smaht!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Offense was too expensive, so PC didn't get much.

So PC got defense. 

And with enough defense you don't need to score very many goals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Job PC : A few things RHO, Fletcher and Chiarelli have a history of trades now. Last year they pulled of a trade that helped the Aeros of the AHL with a few players, Houston almost won the Calder Cup and the Bs landed a goaltender to develop in Khudobin.    GMs trust when making deals with other GMs that they've dealt with in the past....
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the word Dawg.  To add to your point about PC and Fletcher doing past business you reminded me the Bruins also swapped Kobasew to the Wild for Craig Weller a few seasons ago. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Job PC : I suppose you are referring to my user name. It is possible to be a baseball and hockey fan you sanctimonious bore.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Well it's clear you know a lot about name calling, but I've never read anything from you that suggests you know anything about hockey.  Stick to baseball where it's easy to fake it.

Sections
Shortcuts