Good Job PC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Good Job PC

In Response to Re: Good Job PC:
    idiots....crowing about the great job of trading for a player that could have been had by anyone for nothing over the weekend. Some of you guys really are black and gold cultists.
    Posted by pumpsiefan

lmao

Well, after years of a drunken Sinden in the 1990s and a moronic series of trades or moves by MOC under Jacobs's close watch, it's pretty hard not to look good now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

Not knocking the Isles but their not the Bruins.Lets just wait a bit and see how the old feller does

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

My concerns for the team were addressed, but more importantly he didn't mess anything up. Good job.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Smart and responsible.  Stick to the plan.  Well done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Not knocking the Isles but their not the Bruins.Lets just wait a bit and see how the old feller does
    Posted by grizzlybear69

Agreed.  I can also imagine he's pretty stoked to come back here. His numbers the previous 3 seasons in NJ were actualy quite good for a guy on the other side of 35.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Rolston will be fine as a low cost fill in. Still has good wheels and excellent experience. Stats are bad but the most telling stat for me is his shots on goal. He still manages about 2.5 shots per game that tells me he is still getting separation from defenders and is active offensively. The dmen will do what they were brought in for which is add solid NHL depth. We gave up next to nothing for these moves so good trades all around. Regarding Kampfer, the more I saw him the more I saw Hunwick. He may pan out but far from a sure thing. Zanon was worth it for the playoff push.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Offense was too expensive, so PC didn't get much. So PC got defense.  And with enough defense you don't need to score very many goals.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Great point and the Bruins have recently been scoring a bit more - 4 in St. Louis and 4 in Ottawa (not counting Bergeron's EN).  Thomas has not been nearly at his best and can improve, as can Rask, in my opinion.  Perhaps the team chemistry, which Chiarelli did not alter, can return now that the pressure of the deadline came and went.  Looking forward to tomorrow night and Joe Corvo's rise to the top ... a bit of sarcasm, there, but who knows.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Five4Fighting. Show Five4Fighting's posts

As pointed out by you guys, I think this was a fantastic move. He told everyone a month ago he was looking to add depth at forward and defense. He did just that. It wasn't flashy, or superstars, but it didn't need to be. 

The absolute best part is the management beyond this year in terms of contracts. All the good prospects remain, there was PLENTY of cap space to take on the three contracts and the best part is that it doesn't affect any future deals for the impending FAs. This team has a potential to contend for years to come because of PC's management. He can experiment with these guys, stay on track with resignings and attempt to adjust with bigger free agents in the off-season if needed when they issue on the table is money being exchanged and not future players. 

I'm happy as a Bruins fan to have the core of this team for years to come.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Good Job PC : Whole heartily agree... how did Forest Gump put it "Stupid is, as stupid does" All the B's got now is Chippy Campbells daddy's officiating crews to pump up thier tires. Doubt very much they will be able to get away with cheating two years in a row. 
    Posted by null

and what time is it ... still ... in Vancouver?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

One of the background things that PC does that may not take notice to us, but to the players is that PC sticks to his word. He said from the get go that he didn't want to disrupt the chemistry & he stood by that. I think the players realize & appreciate that firmness. They know that PC isn't one to tell the media that "no we're not trading so & so." Then 2 days later he trades that player. Don't get me wrong. I think PC kicked a lot of tires & I think he may have thrown a current roster's name out there. However, I also believe that he would talk to the players involved before saying anything to the media. I think that's why so many markee players don't have an issue coming here anymore. The organization has improved as well as the team has.
    Posted by nitemare-38

What an excellant point !   Thank you nite !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

20 past Luongo in case anyone forgot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Offense was too expensive, so PC didn't get much. So PC got defense.  And with enough defense you don't need to score very many goals.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Only Hogdson and Kostitsyn were the forwards on the trade list as being offensive players that were traded yesterday . Not much movement there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

According to Kevin Paul Dupont's twitter remarks, the addition of Mottau, Zanon and Rolston means that Corvo and Pouliot will likely be healthy scratches when Peverley and Horton come back. I think Pouliot and Corvo should be healthy scratches now. Pouliot does not produce enough and Corvo is the turnover machine who pinches in at the wrong time, in fact Corvo is worse than Wideman was. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Initially, I wanted more; however, after sleeping on it, I'm content.

I think we can all agree that the Zanon move was a steal.  Kampfer had a decent run last year; however, he has a lot of development left and was undersized.  I wasnt confident with him as our seventh.

Zanon is undersized himself; however, he's gritty and a shotblocker.  Almost like a poor man's Seidenberg (but a weaker skater).  If he gives us 70% of Seidenberg, that's pretty good for a third pairing guy. 

I never liked seeing Camper in the lineup.  He's a pure offense player who wasnt a pt / game player in the AHL.  There's a reason why he's not a top 10 prospect in the organization.

I'm a bit dissapointed they sent Sauve down, as I was excited to see him.  Then again, if he continues to produce in Providence, there maybe an opportunity for him later this year.

I'm glad that we still have Koko, Sauve, Spooner, Knight and Dougie.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Yep, I agree as well with everyone. Good pick ups....We as Bruin Fans need to say thankyou to the Islanders. The Iles didnt really get anyone in this trade, except maybe youth. This was not a trade that really does much for them, but more so adds depth to the B's. Very nice of the Iles to make this trade, to allow the B's another chance at a cup.

The other main reason this trade is good. When Pevs comes back and maybe Horton, it keeps the likes of Caron and Camper off the ice come playoffs. The younger talent the B's have, just arent ready for the playoffs. I want the experienced players in this line up, with the exception being Seguin, who is in his second year, but has turned the corner and deserves to be here.

Sections
Shortcuts