Good memories !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Good memories !

Growing up in the st catharines was a large black hawks fan base city, from the 50's to early seventies. Once called the st catharines teepees where a lot of very popular black hawks played, eventually the team change the name black hawks. I grew up in black hawks home and i was that close to being a hawk fan. A player name bobby orr came about and the bruins became my team. The player I idolize for the st. catharines black hawks was Al Secord I remember telling my dad i want to see boston and chicago in SC finals, and aprox. 40 years later it finally happen.

De Ja Vu 2 of my favorite players eventually wore the black hawks jersey. Finally the hawks and bruins in the SC finals. Don't get me wrong i still want the bruins to win but at least i can take this off my bucket list.

Anyone else has some great memories for their local teams?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Re: Good memories !

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Growing up in the st catharines was a large black hawks fan base city, from the 50's to early seventies. Once called the st catharines teepees where a lot of very popular black hawks played, eventually the team change the name black hawks. I grew up in black hawks home and i was that close to being a hawk fan. A player name bobby orr came about and the bruins became my team. The player I idolize for the st. catharines black hawks was Al Secord I remember telling my dad i want to see boston and chicago in SC finals, and aprox. 40 years later it finally happen.

De Ja Vu 2 of my favorite players eventually wore the black hawks jersey. Finally the hawks and bruins in the SC finals. Don't get me wrong i still want the bruins to win but at least i can take this off my bucket list.

Anyone else has some great memories for their local teams?

I grew up in Boston...used to walk to the old Garden...I remember rookie Ted Greene taking it to John Ferguson and getting his butt kicked all over the ice...bloodied and bruised he spent 5 in the box...his next shift he went at him again...got his butt kicked again...back to the box...this went on about 4 or 5 times over the course of the game...Greene was pretty beat up, but, NOBODY ever messed with Ted Greene after that...he became our 'enforcer' after that and was until he had his brain scrambled. I guess there are better memories, but I really liked the way he earned his chops...he sent a message that night and backed it up for the rest of his (shortened) career.

Good memories...a John Bucyk open ice hip check...John McKenzie instigating complete mayhem...Jacques Plante surviving Fred Stanfield's slapshot...Eddie Schack's slapshot made goaltenders duck...Middleton's wizardry with a stick...Espo's ability to tip them in..."THE GOAL"...there are a lot more...

Sections
Shortcuts