good prospect ranking sites.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

good prospect ranking sites.

Are there any out there? hockeysfuture seems like kind of a joke to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: good prospect ranking sites.

www.badhabandhisnumbers.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

heeyyyyyyyy, that's not a real website...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

aww, I was hoping for something there....tease.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Are there any out there? hockeysfuture seems like kind of a joke to me.

Never mind that guy who hates numbers.

The short answer is no.

Since I get to see major junior games so rarely I look at hockeysfuture, plus hockeydb and then you have to pay for tsn's prospect report.

What I like to see is an upward trend in their stats, go through the current Bruins roster and I think only 3 or 4 guys didn't show that nice upward trend.  Even defenseman should show that because they should be dominating enough so that their offensive numbers go up.

Goalies - their numbers are less reliable because you can't tell the quality shots and defense their getting.

Chowda is now having an anneurism because he doesn't believe in numbers at all, and particularly my evaluation of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

And every prospect no matter what the scouts says has a turkey rating for skating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/depthchart.php?Bos

More fantasy but I agree with most positional rankings

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=662680

If you've seen the prospect ALLOT (not 2 or 3 games) you may or may not agree with Luedeke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

The short answer is no.

Incorrect. The Hockey News comes out with an in depth issue regarding the top 60 prospects every year. It's available online if you suscribe to the magazine.

Since I get to see major junior games so rarely I look at hockeysfuture, plus hockeydb and then you have to pay for tsn's prospect report.

Does so rarely mean none ?

then you have to pay for tsn's prospect report.

Huh, pay for tsn ? 

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9840

What I like to see is an upward trend in their stats, go through the current Bruins roster and I think only 3 or 4 guys didn't show that nice upward trend. Even defenseman should show that because they should be dominating enough so that their offensive numbers go up.

Goalies - their numbers are less reliable because you can't tell the quality shots and defense their getting.

My cure ^^^^ for insomnia.

Chowda is now having an anneurism because he doesn't believe in numbers at all, and particularly my evaluation of them.

The first part you are incorrect. The second part you are not.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And every prospect no matter what the scouts says has a turkey rating for skating.

If they can do a triple salchow in skating drills they get a passing grade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In case you missed it bruinsfan7780695445670890787789706075597666787908

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I stand corrected, I had the Hockey news mixed up with TSN

I watch major junior only when it's on the nhl network.

The short answer is no.

Incorrect. The Hockey News comes out with an in depth issue regarding the top 60 prospects every year. It's available online if you suscribe to the magazine.

Since I get to see major junior games so rarely I look at hockeysfuture, plus hockeydb and then you have to pay for tsn's prospect report.

Does so rarely mean none ?

then you have to pay for tsn's prospect report.

Huh, pay for tsn ? 

What I like to see is an upward trend in their stats, go through the current Bruins roster and I think only 3 or 4 guys didn't show that nice upward trend. Even defenseman should show that because they should be dominating enough so that their offensive numbers go up.

My cure ^^^^ for insomnia.

The first part you are incorrect. The second part you are not.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Not true.  

And I think there's no better way to judge a player's skating than watching him go through the skating drills at camp.

In general, they are all good skaters.

One typical drill is to go from one end of the ice to the other using only their edges on one foot.

Every player I have ever seen at camp could complete the drill, the question was how well and how fast.

With one notable exception - Dennis Reul who couldn't even make it to center ice

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I stand corrected, I had the Hockey news mixed up with TSN

I watch major junior only when it's on the nhl network

So if you get TSN, your short answer of no should be changed to yes.

Enjoy ! Lots of numbers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Not true.  

And I think there's no better way to judge a player's skating than watching him go through the skating drills at camp.

In general, they are all good skaters.

One typical drill is to go from one end of the ice to the other using only their edges on one foot.

Every player I have ever seen at camp could complete the drill, the question was how well and how fast.

With one notable exception - Dennis Reul who couldn't even make it to center ice

I have never seen a player do this in game conditions. Does it come in handy during the game ?

Looking pretty in skating drills doesn't always equate to being a good hockey player. Some can do them. Some can't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think skating drills tell you much about the average player, but I do think it is a good way to expose the outliers, good or bad.  Guys who thrive in the skating drills are probably really good skaters and it'll show up in games (as long as they don't stink at everything else).  Guys, like Reul, who can't get through the drill are probably gonna have trouble playing at the next level.  For everyone in the middle, you don't know much about them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have never seen a player do this in game conditions. Does it come in handy during the game ?

Looking pretty in skating drills doesn't always equate to being a good hockey player. Some can do them. Some can't.

Being able to control your edges is critical, it has everything to do with being able to cut left or right quickly.  And like I said, they ALL can do the drill the question was how well (except with one exception.)

Guys who I've faulted for skating are the ones I've noticed falling or stumbling in the drills.

And you are correct, it doesn't absolutely dictacte the success of the player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Being able to control your edges is critical, it has everything to do with being able to cut left or right quickly.  And like I said, they ALL can do the drill the question was how well (except with one exception.)

Guys who I've faulted for skating are the ones I've noticed falling or stumbling in the drills.

Well, we can agree on that anyways.

Off the top of my head Terry O'Reilly and Marc Savard come to mind as being Bruins who would have been be very poor at some skating drills. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Off the top of my head Terry O'Reilly and Marc Savard come to mind as being Bruins who would have been be very poor at some skating drills. 

When Lucic first came into the league I thought his skating was terrible and probably the reason he dropped so far in the draft.  But skating doesn't need to be the focus of his game and he seems to have improved on it.  I wonder how he looks in the "edge work" drills though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Speaking of prospects... what is going on with Jared Knight?  This has to be the worst hamstring injury of all time (without having surgery).  Is he having trouble controlling his diabetes and the Bruins aren't talking about it?  Is there something else going on here?  It seems way to fishy that we haven't heard anything, unless I missed it.  Somebody please explain.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Savard - I don't think so.  

O'Reilly, I think is vastly over rated by Bruins fans.

And the results are not always what you think, I thought Lucic was actually pretty good way back when I saw him at rookie camp, much better skater than what he was given credit for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

1)  Savard - I don't think so.  

2) O'Reilly, I think is vastly over rated by Bruins fans.

3) And the results are not always what you think, I thought Lucic was actually pretty good way back when I saw him at rookie camp, much better skater than what he was given credit for.

1) I do.

2) I think O'Reilly is vastly under rated by one fan. 

3) Lucic's skating will always be questioned by some .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

When Lucic first came into the league I thought his skating was terrible and probably the reason he dropped so far in the draft.  But skating doesn't need to be the focus of his game and he seems to have improved on it.  I wonder how he looks in the "edge work" drills though.

[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if opposing defencemen are thinking anything else then " this is gonna hurt " when he's about to hit them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Just how good a skater can you expect a hulk of a guy to be?

He has pretty good mobility in his hips and can shift pretty well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Skating is just one aspect of the game, it's the sum of the whole package.  Koko is the best current example altho I know he's been working on his skating.  He's got great hands and has decent straight ahead speed.

I keep coming back to Reul - he had no stick skills and he couldn't skate, he was huge and had a crazed look like a kind of nazi cloning experiment combined with Satanic worship, but that wasn't enough.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Skating is just one aspect of the game, it's the sum of the whole package.  Koko is the best current example altho I know he's been working on his skating.  He's got great hands and has decent straight ahead speed.

I keep coming back to Reul - he had no stick skills and he couldn't skate, he was huge and had a crazed look like a kind of nazi cloning experiment combined with Satanic worship, but that wasn't enough.

Shouldn't Camara be the best current example ? Can't do skating drills but competes in every other aspect needed to play the game.