Good teams do NOT have 4 game losing streaks!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

Good teams do NOT have 4 game losing streaks!!!

Cam Neely,

I actually think (in theory) this team has everything. The players either don't know their roles, have no role or just dont play their role every night. Which is it? 

The only thing that is consistent about this team is there inconsistency (2 years now), and that Claude Julien will give Recchi 25 year old minutes (all situations) and Thornton will play every game.

He wont even try sitting him to see what would happen. Amazing!!! 

Unless the inconsistency changes quickly, which i cant see happening, there is no way in hell this team makes it past the 2nd round of the playoffs--3rd round for sure. That means, NO STANLEY CUP!!!!

Let's be real, Thomas carried this team the first half.

Since he has come back to earth, some nights the goalie stinks, some nights Ferrence, Sydenberg, Boychcuk and Chara don't play well, most nights Ryder does not show up, some nights Bergeron, Kreji, Horton do not show up (this cant happen), a lot of nights Recchi cant keep up, and an awful lot lately Marchand has been taking really stupid penalties.  

I know, this is hockey, there are bounces and luck and all that but 4 game losing streaks?!? That reminds us all of Philly. That should not happen to a good team. Something needs to change on this rollercoaster. 

I hope i does or you wont see me paying your new ticket prices. Oh, and can you please tell Claude to put your best 6 forwards on your top two lines please. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Good teams do NOT have 4 game losing streaks!!!

Really.  No team has had a 4 game losing streak and won the cup?  Better do your homework before you make a remark. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And just for most recent memory- Pitt lost 5 in a row in 2008-2009. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Here's why you are wrong in every way:

#1 Vancouver lost 4 straight in November and another 4 straight in January
    #2 Philly lost 4 straight last month
    #3 Detroit lost 4 straight last month
    #4 Washington lost 8 straight in December
    #5 Pittsburgh lost 4 straight in February
    #6 Boston lost 4 straight this month
    #7 San Jose lost 6 straight in January

Anything else we can correct you on?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

@asmaha - I guess ryder73 believes none of the above teams will win the cup this year...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Silly me. I figured "good teams" meant I could simply go through the top records and work my way down past the Bruins at #6 overall. What was I thinking?

:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The original post is in keeping with the poster's name.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GahdenBoy. Show GahdenBoy's posts

Red Wings just snapped a 4 game winless skid last night....give it a rest, they'll bounce back!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Good teams do NOT have 4 game losing streaks!!!:
    Cam Neely, I actually think (in theory) this team has everything. The players either don't know their roles, have no role or just dont play their role every night. Which is it?  The only thing that is consistent about this team is there inconsistency (2 years now), and that Claude Julien will give Recchi 25 year old minutes (all situations) and Thornton will play every game. He wont even try sitting him to see what would happen. Amazing!!!  Unless the inconsistency changes quickly, which i cant see happening, there is no way in hell this team makes it past the 2nd round of the playoffs--3rd round for sure. That means, NO STANLEY CUP!!!! Let's be real, Thomas carried this team the first half. Since he has come back to earth, some nights the goalie stinks, some nights Ferrence, Sydenberg, Boychcuk and Chara don't play well, most nights Ryder does not show up, some nights Bergeron, Kreji, Horton do not show up (this cant happen), a lot of nights Recchi cant keep up, and an awful lot lately Marchand has been taking really stupid penalties.   I know, this is hockey, there are bounces and luck and all that but 4 game losing streaks?!? That reminds us all of Philly. That should not happen to a good team. Something needs to change on this rollercoaster.  I hope i does or you wont see me paying your new ticket prices. Oh, and can you please tell Claude to put your best 6 forwards on your top two lines please.       
    Posted by ryder73

You need to go to your local convinience store and by a can of "STF-UP" and "Do Ur Research" candy bar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Good teams do NOT have 4 game losing streaks!!!:
    Red Wings just snapped a 4 game winless skid last night....give it a rest, they'll bounce back!!
    Posted by GahdenBoy

and they did so with a very convincing 2-1 ot win over edmonton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He might be right.  Good teams might not.  Stats show that great teams have four game losing streaks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Good teams do NOT have 4 game losing streaks!!! : and they did so with a very convincing 2-1 ot win over edmonton.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Convincing?  They were losing with 21 seconds left to play.

Some people on this board argued that The Wings are somehow "boring" to watch, but last night while they were being shut out for 59+ minutes it really was fun sitting there and waiting for them to tie it.  Can you imagine having this sort of confidence in the Bruins' offense?  Then Datsuyk scores a sick goal in OT to win it.

Great game, but not particularly convincing.  Still, it was another example of how the Bruiins aren't even in the same neighborhood as the Wings (who I am going to see in a couple hours).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

soxfan, i was being sarcastic. it took ot to beat the oilers.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Actually, while most of those streaks were not after strickly-speaking 5+ game winning streaks, several were after sets of games where they won far more than they lost.  For instance, Vancouver was 9-1 in the ten games before the first 4-game loosing streak.  Detroit and Philadelphia were 7-3.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Last year's good team did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

soxfan, i was being sarcastic. it took ot to beat the oilers.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Ooops, your sarcasm was not obvious.  Sorry.

On another note, the Wings looked pretty sharp tonight.  Datsyuk was sick. (good sick!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather them have their four game losing streak now (although they still have 16 points out of the last possible 22) than during the first round of the playoffs.

But maybe that's just me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Here's why you are wrong in every way: #1 Vancouver lost 4 straight in November and another 4 straight in January #2 Philly lost 4 straight last month #3 Detroit lost 4 straight last month #4 Washington lost 8 straight in December #5 Pittsburgh lost 4 straight in February #6 Boston lost 4 straight this month #7 San Jose lost 6 straight in January Anything else we can correct you on?
    Posted by asmaha

THIS!!!! Great post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

This year it all boils down to  bruins management went out and made some significant moves to get the team in position personnel wise to compete for the remaining  month plus of the season as well as  in the playoffs. They got what they considered the best available players that the assets they had available would bring in return. Having done that it is up to the players to perform to expectations and for the coaching staff to get them to perform to those expectations. With every change(the bruins added 3 new players) there is a adjustment period so I think   we will have to wait until the smoke clears and see exactly where the bruins end up in the  playoffs (how far they go,first,second or third rounds or fourth  round if everything breaks their way).  THen when  cup chase is finally over management  can evalulate exactly what happenned and make whatever tweaks they feel are necessary.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Scotty Bowman ,Quote: Good teams don,t lose more than 2 in a row ,This was when he was with the wings when they where tearing up the nhl, 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

This year it all boils down to  bruins management went out and made some significant moves to get the team in position personnel wise to compete for the remaining  month plus of the season as well as  in the playoffs. They got what they considered the best available players that the assets they had available would bring in return. Having done that it is up to the players to perform to expectations and for the coaching staff to get them to perform to those expectations. With every change(the bruins added 3 new players) there is a adjustment period so I think   we will have to wait until the smoke clears and see exactly where the bruins end up in the  playoffs (how far they go,first,second or third rounds or fourth  round if everything breaks their way).  THen when  cup chase is finally over management  can evalulate exactly what happenned and make whatever tweaks they feel are necessary.
    Posted by shortpops

Be careful. Rational analysis like this won't be tolerated around these parts.

In all seriousness, good to see some sanity. You are correct they've made significant moves (not to mention injuries), and it takes time to figure things out. They're going to have to fight for a top-4 spot and home ice, but it might not be terrible for them to be the 5th seed anyway....

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Scotty Bowman , good teams don,t lose more than 2 in a row ,This was when he was with the wings when they where tearing up the nhl, 
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

good teams lose in today's nhl. there is a lot more parity.

Sections
Shortcuts