Goodbye to Horton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Goodbye to Horton?

I know this discussion can be had in the off season but with the way he is playing in these playoffs and his clutch play it will be sad to see him go.We can all agree that during the regular season he does go awol at times but when the spotlight shines brightest he brings his A game in spades.On top of that he is well liked by his teammates and is there for them when needed. His previous 2 concussions have to be taken into account and it did have an effect on his play when he came back but he sure seems over it now.

With free agency coming up and with his playoff performances to back him up i think he is in line for a big payday,someone will pay him, and i don't blame him for going for the money as you only have so many chances to cash in. The B's might want to keep him but i don't think he will give a home town discount, unless i'm wrong again.:-)

Plus he will have 2 Stanley Cups on his resume.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: Goodbye to Horton?

He's likely gone to highest bidder

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

He's likely gone to highest bidder

Have to agree, can't blame him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

there's always the hope he will take a hometown discount... I did rather than work in NYC and make a lot more!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

There are ways that the B's can retain him. I'm not sure why you think that he is gone after this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

There are ways that the B's can retain him. I'm not sure why you think that he is gone after this season.

Other than the proverbial hometown discount, tell me how?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Bruins cannot continue to keep everyone and give them raises.  At some point, guys have to go or the lower levels will suffer.  Chiarelli's drafts haven't produced jack outside of Seguin and Hamilton, so they're going to have to go shopping for a second line player at a lower price and move either Marchand or Seguin up to play with Lucic and Krejci.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

You've never played around on Capgeek, have you?

And how much do you think he is going to make? I have him signing for around $5-$5.5 mil.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

You've never played around on Capgeek, have you?

And how much do you think he is going to make? I have him signing for around $5-$5.5 mil.

With how much allocated to Rask and Rask's backup?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

With how much allocated to Rask and Rask's backup?

$5.5-$6 mil going to Rask and either resign Khudobin for about $900,000-$1 mil or bring up Svedberg for $1 mil.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The cap is $64M.  The B's have $58M on the books.

Horton at $5M and Rask at $6M doesn't fit.

Help me understand your math.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

The cap is $64M.  The B's have $58M on the books.

Horton at $5M and Rask at $6M doesn't fit.

Help me understand your math.

1. Take Savard's money off the books. That saves slightly more than $4 mil.

2. Trade (or buyout) one of Peverley or Kelly (or both, but I don't think the B's would do that). That saves about $3 mil.

Wella. About $13 mil right there. There are some other smaller rearrangements that can be made to accomodate the money, but that is essentially it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Last thing I want to think about right now....is who's gonna go in the offseason.  I can't think of anything more negative, or wasteful.  It's been decades, since we've had the horsepower of the last few years. 

Drink it up.

This is no time to dither over next years "maybe's". 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1. Take Savard's money off the books. That saves slightly more than $4 mil.

2. Trade (or buyout) one of Peverley or Kelly (or both, but I don't think the B's would do that). That saves about $3 mil.

Wella. About $13 mil right there. There are some other smaller rearrangements that can be made to accomodate the money, but that is essentially it.

I can't imagine them buying out either of those two, and if they are traded, there are going to be holes (or at least a hole) that needs to be filled.  I don't see that happening, but I guess we'll find out.

It's my guess that Horton walks.  And best of luck to him.  He's been awesome in the playoffs and has worn the Bruins jersey proudly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Last thing I want to think about right now....is who's gonna go in the offseason.  I can't think of anything more negative, or wasteful.  It's been decades, since we've had the horsepower of the last few years. 

Drink it up.

I don't see it as negative.  I also welcome the distraction from talking about the damn Penguins.  We've been dissecting them and the series for a week!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I can't imagine them buying out either of those two, and if they are traded, there are going to be holes (or at least a hole) that needs to be filled.  I don't see that happening, but I guess we'll find out.

It's my guess that Horton walks.  And best of luck to him.  He's been awesome in the playoffs and has worn the Bruins jersey proudly.

It's a scenario that allows the B's to keep him. I was pointing out that scenario because people seem to believe that it is impossible for the B's to retain him for whatever reason.

However, the B's could very well opt to let him go. That is another scenario. I just don't want to hear that they can't keep him because they can if they wanted to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I don't see him being re-signed. Rask is going to get a huge payday and I don't see them buying out either Kelly or Peverly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

If the B's were to let Horton go, who does everyone think the B's would sign (or trade for) to replace him?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's a scenario that allows the B's to keep him. I was pointing out that scenario because people seem to believe that it is impossible for the B's to retain him for whatever reason.

However, the B's could very well opt to let him go. That is another scenario. I just don't want to hear that they can't keep him because they can if they wanted to.

There are plenty of ways to keep him.  They could trade Lucic for a 4th round pick.  They could let Rask walk instead.  They could package Bergeron and Seguin to Florida for the 2nd pick overall.  It isn't realistic, however.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If the B's were to let Horton go, who does everyone think the B's would sign (or trade for) to replace him?

I think they'd move a second line winger up and sign a cheaper option for that line.

The last thing we need is a discount first liner.  Byron Bitz comes to mind.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Maybe Michael Ryder if they can get him at a reasonable price but that is a big if. He fit the system well here. But PC let him go because Seguin was ready to take the next step. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

There are plenty of ways to keep him.  They could trade Lucic for a 4th round pick.  They could let Rask walk instead.  They could package Bergeron and Seguin to Florida for the 2nd pick overall.  It isn't realistic, however.

That's why I offered a realistic scenario.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I believe Seguin replaces him and a guy like Spooner or Knight takes Tyler's spot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

there's always the hope he will take a hometown discount... I did rather than work in NYC and make a lot more!

He's not from here and doesnt live here. So that doesnt apply. I can't see realistically how he stays here, unless PC gets real creative.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Drink it up.

I can't think of anything more negative and wasteful then someone telling other people what they shouldn't be talking about.