Goodbye to Horton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Goodbye to Horton?

In response to stevegm's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to stevegm's comment:

[QUOTE]

Last thing I want to think about right now....is who's gonna go in the offseason.  I can't think of anything more negative, or wasteful.  It's been decades, since we've had the horsepower of the last few years. 

Drink it up.

This is no time to dither over next years "maybe's". 

Umm Steve? I like your post usually, but I think you're way outta line here. Who do you think you are? It's not a trolling thread, but I very realistic & reasonable one. You're response is BS bud! 

[/QUOTE]

Not outta line Nite.  My opinion.  You guys can go ahead and talk about it all you want, just saying it's not for me.  I've waited decades for these Bruins to put a few seasons together like this.  I'm loving it, and for me personally...discussing who won't be here next year, is like interrupting the joy of the wedding reception, to debate the price and location of cemetary plots, due to the inevitable down the road.

I'm a team guy.  I like this team.  I felt the same way in 72, with expansion and the WHA around the corner.  It would have taken away from that tremendous experience to spend much time thinking about Eddie Wesfall, Freddie Stanfield, Derek Sanderson, Pie MacKenzie, Cheevers, and company...playing elsewhere next season.  A more recent example is the 04 lockout.  To me...focusing on the expirtation of the CBA, later that summer, would have just subtracted from the entertainment of the playoffs.

Basically, this is a "casualty" thread.  If you like it...fine.  My preference is to experience that after hockey is over.  Not jumping up and down either, just contributing my two cents, which is hardly abstract, unsubstantiated opinion.  The OP even suggested the timing may be better down the road.

This is a topic which is "only" opinion.  We both should realize there is no correct answer on this one.  You're welcome to disagree with me, and the reasons I've given for having this opinion.  As far as the BS,.. out of line, and who do think you are, comments............they're derogatory,  and totally unfair. 

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Good post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I know there was a lockout and that the cap is going down. But all the scenarios seem to calculate +5 for Horton and +5-6 for Rask. Its actually +1 and +1.5. None of them count the other calculations.

If the Pens can field an All Star team and even the Wings got their stars to fit into a team concept, I dont see how Horton cant be kept using some creativity.

The Pens and Wings can do it because they are not the Blewits.  We're talking about the Blewits here.  PC will find a way to blow it like the rest of the team does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Chiarelli has to have a plan !  I'm not a crazy stat guy but Horton is +19

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

PC has to find a way for keeping Nathan Horton ...he is a clutch guy in the playoffs and you cant find a better player in the NHL right now ....he scores so many big goals if ever he walks away we will regret it ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

PC has to find a way for keeping Nathan Horton ...he is a clutch guy in the playoffs and you cant find a better player in the NHL right now ....he scores so many big goals if ever he walks away we will regret it ...

You should remove this from your posts. Your "predictions" (uninformed guess) are almost always wrong, and you are jinxing the team.

Also, you have lost the right to post that the Bruins will win the Cup, without adding, "only with KHUDO in net".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dear biggskye,

your posts have become so boring , that is ever since your avatars changed.  They used to be a thing of beauty to look at and daydream over. ; )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Here's a great stat:

The Bruins are 6-0 in playoff series that Horton has appeared in.

So, here is the question.

Who would you rather keep: Peverley/Kelly, or Horton?

That is what it will ultimately come down to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The biggest thing for me is that I think PC needs to do all he can to keep the best line in hockey when it matters the most together. Whether there's a cup or not this season is irrelevant. The KHL line has shown consistent dominance in the play-offs. I think it's imperative that they get kept together until it shows that they shouldn't be. You can't argue with success & you shouldn't try to change what works.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The other consideration is that Bergeron and Seidenberg are up after next year, so however it plays out, those two key pieces need to be considered.

Amnesty Peverley and I think the dollars are there for Horton, but with zero flex.

[Overheard at the NHLPA press conference]

"So, is that pronounced "Fair" or "Fear"?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Here's a great stat:

In the Vancouver series, he was 0-0-0 and knocked out in the third game, with the B's down 2-1 at the end of that game.

Tell me how he was important in winning that series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Here's a great stat:

In the Vancouver series, he was 0-0-0 and knocked out in the third game, with the B's down 2-1 at the end of that game.

Tell me how he was important in winning that series.

He poured water from the garden ice on the ice in Vancouver before game 7 started.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

He poured water from the garden ice on the ice in Vancouver before game 7 started.

Oh man, I totally forgot about that.

Buyout Peverley and Kelly.  This team cannot succeed without Horton.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Oh man, I totally forgot about that.

Buyout Peverley and Kelly.  This team cannot succeed without Horton.

And bottle up that water!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Here's a great stat:

Bruins are 6-1 in playoff series that Peverley and Kelly played.  You gotta keep them.

Another interesting stat:  They were 4-0 in series that Kaberle played.  How are they ever going to move on?

Don't take this as hate for Horton, but it's a pretty stupid stat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

Here's a great stat:

Bruins are 6-1 in playoff series that Peverley and Kelly played.  You gotta keep them.

Another interesting stat:  They were 4-0 in series that Kaberle played.  How are they ever going to move on?

And don't you hate me for the Bruins being 11-0 in games in wich I have ordered a pizza (pepper & onion) while watching.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I think its a pretty telling stat. It indicates that when that first line is together and healthy, the Bruins have not lost a series. The success of this team depends largely on the success of the first line.

As for Kaberle, he was carried by this team. I don't see him ever having success in the playoffs, unlike Horton. With Horton, you can point to those numbers and say that he was a major contributor. You can't do the same with Kaberle. Kaberle would be considered a role player, like Peverley and Kelly. Role players don't influence the results of series, your star players do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

[QUOTE]

I think its a pretty telling stat. It indicates that when that first line is together and healthy, the Bruins have not lost a series. The success of this team depends largely on the success of the first line.

As for Kaberle, he was carried by this team. I don't see him ever having success in the playoffs, unlike Horton. With Horton, you can point to those numbers and say that he was a major contributor. You can't do the same with Kaberle. Kaberle would be considered a role player, like Peverley and Kelly. Role players don't influence the results of series, your star players do.

[/QUOTE]

That's wrong! Kelly, Peverly & Ryder were huge in 11' run. You need your star players to play like stars, but in this era you need some influence coming from role players. You don't think the Campbells & Paille's haven't had an influence in these play-offs. You don't think Bickell, or Shaw aren't having an influence for Chicago? I'm with you on the importance of Horton, but that was a very stupid statement. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

That's wrong! Kelly, Peverly & Ryder were huge in 11' run. You need your star players to play like stars, but in this era you need some influence coming from role players. You don't think the Campbells & Paille's haven't had an influence in these play-offs. You don't think Bickell, or Shaw aren't having an influence for Chicago? I'm with you on the importance of Horton, but that was a very stupid statement. 

Role players may have an impact, but in no way affect a series like your star players do. In 2011, their star players played like stars. That's why they won. In 2011, their role players still played decently, but their star players were no where to be found. Thus, they lost. This year, their star players are once again playing like stars, and the B's are making a deep playoff run. 

I don't see how role players overachieving outweighs the importance of your star players performing well. Certainly it helps, but if your star players aren't playing up to par, then you aren't going to get very far in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Role players may have an impact, but in no way affect a series like your star players do. In 2011, their star players played like stars. That's why they won. In 2011, their role players still played decently, but their star players were no where to be found. Thus, they lost. This year, their star players are once again playing like stars, and the B's are making a deep playoff run. 

I don't see how role players overachieving outweighs the importance of your star players performing well. Certainly it helps, but if your star players aren't playing up to par, then you aren't going to get very far in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

The point is that you need BOTH in order to win. It's not just the stars when it comes to play-offs. And it also depends on what kind of star the player is. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

The point is that you need BOTH in order to win. It's not just the stars when it comes to play-offs. And it also depends on what kind of star the player is. 

My point is that the star players are the ones that dictate the outcome of series. Role players don't necessarily need to play well for the team to win a series. Star players do need to play well for their team to win the series. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Right now: we are 6+ under for next year.  Lets assume that 100% of that goes to goaltending.

Amnesty clause Savard, buy out Peverley creates ~6.25M.  Of course, Jacobs is going to have to be willing to eat this.  Also: you have two defensive spots open (6th and 7th).  There goes 2M.

Down to about 4 with 10 forwards under contract.  Yeah, its going to be tough.

Not going to happen Drew

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

My point is that the star players are the ones that dictate the outcome of series. Role players don't necessarily need to play well for the team to win a series. Star players do need to play well for their team to win the series. 

[/QUOTE]

Ok. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Dear biggskye,

your posts have become so boring , that is ever since your avatars changed.  They used to be a thing of beauty to look at and daydream over. ; )

Sorry BsL, but that avatar your referring to, got me booted off this site, until I changed it. Hope you find these 4 bruin supporters, equally agreeable :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanIsleBruin. Show VanIsleBruin's posts

If the B's were to let Horton go, who does everyone think the B's would sign (or trade for) to replace him?

Probably Ryder, lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

[QUOTE]

You should remove this from your posts. Your "predictions" (uninformed guess) are almost always wrong, and you are jinxing the team.

Also, you have lost the right to post that the Bruins will win the Cup, without adding, "only with KHUDO in net".

[/QUOTE]

Khudo will win a Stanley Cup within the next 4 years...but not with the Bruins ..Rask has finally delivered good performances and will be our number 1 for the next frpew years...

Sections
Shortcuts