Goodbye to Horton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re: Goodbye to Horton?

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The Bruins cannot continue to keep everyone and give them raises.  At some point, guys have to go or the lower levels will suffer.  Chiarelli's drafts haven't produced jack outside of Seguin and Hamilton, so they're going to have to go shopping for a second line player at a lower price and move either Marchand or Seguin up to play with Lucic and Krejci.

I think this post sums it up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Good Bye to Horton?? he stays IMO. YOU DON"T GIVE UP PLAYOFF STARS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

There are plenty of ways to keep him.  They could trade Lucic for a 4th round pick.  They could let Rask walk instead.  They could package Bergeron and Seguin to Florida for the 2nd pick overall.  It isn't realistic, however.

That's why I offered a realistic scenario.

Trade or buyout one or two guys to be able to sign another isn't all that realistic, and it's very unlikely to happen, which is why it's not very realistic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I trust PC has a plan...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Toronto will not waste time on the 1st day of free agency, they will out bid all, they will overpay and howl all summer how they stole Horton.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Toronto will not waste time on the 1st day of free agency, they will out bid all, they will overpay and howl all summer how they stole Horton.

Whatever happens with Horton, I'll still be a fan of his game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect either Peverley or Kelly to be gone in the off season. This is because I think Soda is 100% starting on the third line, and I expect spooner to be on that line as well. There are a lot of ways to create cap room. 

Heck, you could even do Stanleys idea and trade chara rask and lucic for the Staal family, in an effort to ice a roster of 20 centermen 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Whatever happens with Horton, I'll still be a fan of his game.

I as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Ference will be gone at 2.25

Jagr's 1.1 will be gone

Peverley and Keel's salaries are a drag... maybe PC gets creative there.

And rask's hit this year is 3.5... if gets a multiyear raise to 5, thats only a 1.5 raise.

Hortons 5 would only be a 1 mil raise...

??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Jagr's 1.1 will be gone

And rask's hit this year is 3.5... if gets a multiyear raise to 5, thats only a 1.5 raise.

??

there was this thing called a lockout and this thing called the salary cap is going down. also, leave and don't come back. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I trust PC has a plan...

I'm with you. The Lucic , Horton bromance must continue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I know this discussion can be had in the off season but with the way he is playing in these playoffs and his clutch play it will be sad to see him go.We can all agree that during the regular season he does go awol at times but when the spotlight shines brightest he brings his A game in spades.On top of that he is well liked by his teammates and is there for them when needed. His previous 2 concussions have to be taken into account and it did have an effect on his play when he came back but he sure seems over it now.

With free agency coming up and with his playoff performances to back him up i think he is in line for a big payday,someone will pay him, and i don't blame him for going for the money as you only have so many chances to cash in. The B's might want to keep him but i don't think he will give a home town discount, unless i'm wrong again.:-)

Plus he will have 2 Stanley Cups on his resume.

He should get something like $4.5 mm or even more with the Flyers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I know this discussion can be had in the off season but with the way he is playing in these playoffs and his clutch play it will be sad to see him go.We can all agree that during the regular season he does go awol at times but when the spotlight shines brightest he brings his A game in spades.On top of that he is well liked by his teammates and is there for them when needed. His previous 2 concussions have to be taken into account and it did have an effect on his play when he came back but he sure seems over it now.

With free agency coming up and with his playoff performances to back him up i think he is in line for a big payday,someone will pay him, and i don't blame him for going for the money as you only have so many chances to cash in. The B's might want to keep him but i don't think he will give a home town discount, unless i'm wrong again.:-)

Plus he will have 2 Stanley Cups on his resume.

He should get something like $4.5 mm or even more with the Flyers

hey stan, check out either capgeek.com or nhlnumbers.com. the flyers aren't signing any high priced free agents next season

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I trust PC has a plan...

I'm with you. The Lucic , Horton bromance must continue.

I agree and am hopeful but also realistic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Yes thay will.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I'm afraid Horton will be missed more than we thinkwhen he;s gone . That double barrelled power forward gig that line pulls off come playoff time is a joy to watch. He plays bigger in the playoffs.   Cherry was saying last night he separates his shoulder every time he fights now, didn't know that and it explains the lack of fighting that I miss from him. And obviously his concussion issues impact his scrapping. PLUS 17!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Horts is good in the playoffs but not that much scoring in the regular season. His injuries have held him back and I don't think he will get much of a raise because of this. It will be up to him if he stays or not. The cap is coming down and teams will not be over paying for older players with a history of injuries.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Jagr's 1.1 will be gone

??

there was this thing called a lockout and this thing called the salary cap is going down. also, leave and don't come back. 

I know there was a lockout and that the cap is going down. But all the scenarios seem to calculate +5 for Horton and +5-6 for Rask. Its actually +1 and +1.5. None of them count the other calculations.

If the Pens can field an All Star team and even the Wings got their stars to fit into a team concept, I dont see how Horton cant be kept using some creativity.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think PC's plan was to let Horton walk.  I don't know if that would still be the plan if the Bruins win a second cup in three years.  If you let Horton walk, you need a third liner (watch Peverley move up...), or you buy out Peverley to sign Horton and...you need a third liner.  Not nearly as unlikely as trading Derek Morris for 64 slices of American cheese so you have the cap space to trade for the guy you really want.  Chiarelli's gig seems to be all about the players in Boston, not the players who leave.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I think PC's plan was to let Horton walk.  I don't know if that would still be the plan if the Bruins win a second cup in three years.  If you let Horton walk, you need a third liner (watch Peverley move up...), or you buy out Peverley to sign Horton and...you need a third liner.  Not nearly as unlikely as trading Derek Morris for 64 slices of American cheese so you have the cap space to trade for the guy you really want.  Chiarelli's gig seems to be all about the players in Boston, not the players who leave.

Who knows, maybe PC is changing his mind on the fly.Chemistry is good on the B's and i'm sure Nathan would like to stay but wants to be paid.I guess we'll see what it takes to keep him happy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Buy out Peverly to sign Horton? Seems like a no brainer to me. Bring some one up from the baby B,s for 3rd line RW. Marchand-Bergy-Seguin  Lucic-Krecji-Horton   Soderberg-Kelly- ?????? & the Merlot line

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to stevegm's comment:

Last thing I want to think about right now....is who's gonna go in the offseason.  I can't think of anything more negative, or wasteful.  It's been decades, since we've had the horsepower of the last few years. 

Drink it up.

This is no time to dither over next years "maybe's". 

I can't think of anything more negative and wasteful then someone telling other people what they shouldn't be talking about.

Me either Chowda.  Simply expressing my opinion.  I'm surprised you don't appear capable of fathoming something so obvious. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

You have 17 on the books for next year, minus savard brings it to 16.  Needing 2 goalies, 1 dman and 1 forward and almost 11 in cap space to do it.

Its obvious that either krug or Bartowski will be the 6th man and the other 7th.

Im sure pc plans on svedberg for backup unless khuds accepts a small deal but as ufa someone out there sees potential and offers more.

Its obvious PC will try and  sign rask but what if he refuses what hes offered ? Hes RFA and will get huge offers from others.

The decision on a forward in my opinion waits to see what happenes with rask. Thats the main factor in anything happening.

Id love to see horton stay

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The only reason I could see Horton wanting to stay without a huge pay raise, is because its the B's and the roster they currently have. For so long he played on a subpar team in Florida and has had the luxury of playing with some great players in Boston and for a great team. Its so hard to win the cup and going to any team other than the last 6 that were left, doesnt offer you much chance at a cup. I know rosters change for the better or worse, but why take the chance....I know...Money...

I said it before. The roster will have to take a hit do to the cap.

Why is the cap going down anyway.....Its been going up, so just keep it where it is. If they didnt like where it currently is, then why even let it get that high in the first place.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Detriot will be looking to add a 20 something forward as well.  

Sections
Shortcuts