Gotta Trade Rask!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!!

In Response to Gotta Trade Rask!!!!:
    Right now his trade stock is at its highest....I love Rask but we cant sign him for what he deserves, his best asset to us is in a trade, I think we can obtain aa lot for him in return....I know its great to have 2 great goalies but how much longer can this tandom go on.....lets ride Thomas' wave til the end, and get what we can for Rask. Other ideas on this subject are highly welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bird8817

Are you nuts!!?  Look at what Tuukka has done when he has played this year.  I think Rask could be the number 1 goalie next year and definitely will be the year after.  That is nothing against Timmy but I don't think you trade the guy that could be your number one guy for 10 years. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I like Rask better than Thomas right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!!:
    In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : This isn't a dig when I say that you should learn more about the NHL free-agent process before attempting to enlighten us.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I wanted to say this but didnt want to come across as a jerk..You said it better than I would have. I think the original poster needs to learn more about what he is talking about before starting a discussion...There, I said it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

I agree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : I agree.
    Posted by huntbri

At least Rask should be getting a few more starts.  At least.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

No guarantee how long Timmay can play superhuman in goal. Rask should stay. We can rent a forward or two, or a D man for the playoff run if necessary and someone gets hurt. This is a year B's can repeat with what they have if the right teams (NY Rangers, Detroit come to mind) get knocked off before we have to face them, so subtracting their goalie insurance (Tuuka) from the mix might backfire if Timmy comes down to earth. Much as I'd like 1 more stud scorer in the event we do need to beat the Wings, which Rask would bring, I think we could get a rent-a-scorer and not lose him. Caron, Hamill, Sauve, Khudabin come to mind as possible trade material before Rask.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : I was being sincere though. A better tag line would be Corvo Is A Bum!
    Posted by dezaruchi

Hey Dez, i seem to remember you saying you would revisit the Kaberle to Montreal trade after Kabs had a couple weeks to settle in. What do you think now, the Hab's pp is still pretty bad. I haven't watched many Hab games other than against the B's so i don't know how he's been, but he didn't stand out or anything. I do remember he took a shot though !(;

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Was the winning goal a laser beam by Moore that was too tough to handle or should Thomas have had that ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Was the winning goal a laser beam by Moore that was too tough to handle or should Thomas have had that ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Tuukka wouldn't have had it either. As a matter a fact i doubt Jacque's Plante would have stopped it as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : will it be foolish if Tuukka signs elsewhere in the next off season and we get a second round pick for him????when we probably get more for him now????
    Posted by Bird8817

A second round pick? Are you completely daft? I honestly cannot see PC not matching any offer below 4.7 million.  He'll match that in a heart beat. Above that, If he doesn't match it he gets one first, a second and a thrid. I could honestly see a team offering an RFA contract to Rask over $6.2 million ( And I would be fine with Rask at that as well, as long as it was no more than 5 years). At 6.2 that's 2 firsts, a second and a third. To just get a second, he'd have to sign elsewhere for less than 3.1 million without PC matching. Are you out of your goddamn mind to think PC wouldn't match that??? He's a third year player who is on pace to win his second individual goaltending award (Crozier). Do you honestly think PC doesn't know that Rask is worth more than 3.1 million? And that Thomas only has year-and-a-half in his contract and is almost 38? Only a second rounder? Are you completely unaware of the current CBA requirements?

Good lord, I wouldn't put it past some of the idiot gm's in this league to offer him Crosby money on an offer sheet, and you;re worrried about only getting a second round pick back? You yourself said that he's better than 90% of this league's starters. Whether I agree with that or not, what you're saying is that he's better than 27 of the starter goalies in the NHL... but we'd only get a second rounder in comp? What? This year 7 goalies are making more than 6 million or more, so by yoour logic, he is worth more than 6 million, but we'll only get a second rounder if PC can't sign him (none of whom have better stats than either TT or Rask btw)... no logic to your argument at all.

I am a little worried that if he gets to RFA without an extension, that PC won't be able to sign him, only because I think some yahoo like Garth Snow might try to sign him for 7 million for the the next 14 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I am a little worried that if he gets to RFA without an extension, that PC won't be able to sign him, only because I think some yahoo like Garth Snow might try to sign him for 7 million for the the next 14 years.
    Posted by red75

Does he even have the money to do that after that atrocious DiPietro contract?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Posted by SanDogBrewin

Thomas should've had it.  Looked like he dropped his hands when he butterflied.. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The whole idea of trading Rask is comical to me.
    There is no reason for it, under any circumstance at all (unless it is something ridiculous).
    By all means lets get rid of the position the B's have a huge advantage on the rest of the league because he "might" leave in 2 years, when they'll have Khubodin (possibly) and a 40 year old Tank.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : Does he even have the money to do that after that atrocious DiPietro contract?
    Posted by lambda13

I doubt it, but he's not the only nutbar running a team in this league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Rask is the Bs goalie of the future and he's recently said he wants to stay in Boston. Is this a panic post inspired by the Bruins recent form? Sure seems that way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : I doubt it, but he's not the only nutbar running a team in this league.
    Posted by red75

Look no further than Columbus,Buffalo and Florida as teams that throw around money. Heck even Burke needs a goalie and he likes to throw around money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : Thomas should've had it.  Looked like he dropped his hands when he butterflied.. 
    Posted by mb30

Look at it again! Nothing to do with dropping his hands. The puck sails over his shoulder. Pretty hard to put a glove hand on that type of shot. Try twisting your hand where you can catch something that's right over shoulder. If you wanted to talk about the first & third goals where TT got caught over committing. That's where he failed in last nights game. Not blaming the game on him, but a Thomas on his game doesn't allow either of those.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

What a wagon jumper! You're willing to trade the current Conn Smythe, Vezina, Roger Crozier & Stanley Cup winner who broke 5-8 records before you trade a Roger Crozier winner who has shown that he gets tired when he plays too much? Smart move!
    I like Rask & don't want him going anywhere, but seriously I stood my ground 2 seasons ago & said Rask hasn't proven anything to me yet! And he still hasn't! Your type of fanfare is pathetic!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : What a wagon jumper! You're willing to trade the current Conn Smythe, Vezina, Roger Crozier & Stanley Cup winner who broke 5-8 records before you trade a Roger Crozier winner who has shown that he gets tired when he plays too much? Smart move! I like Rask & don't want him going anywhere, but seriously I stood my ground 2 seasons ago & said Rask hasn't proven anything to me yet! And he still hasn't! Your type of fanfare is pathetic!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Yeah, this thread has gone from bad to worse. Great shot by Moore, half slapper right over the shoulder. Give him that shot 20 times tonight and he wont put it where he did last night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : What a wagon jumper! You're willing to trade the current Conn Smythe, Vezina, Roger Crozier & Stanley Cup winner who broke 5-8 records before you trade a Roger Crozier winner who has shown that he gets tired when he plays too much? Smart move! I like Rask & don't want him going anywhere, but seriously I stood my ground 2 seasons ago & said Rask hasn't proven anything to me yet! And he still hasn't! Your type of fanfare is pathetic!
    Posted by nitemare-38

In his defense he never said trade Thomas. I'm liking Rask's play a little more than Thomas' as well. Doesn't mean I dislike him.

Its like I would love a Ferrari, but I'd prefer a Lamborghini. If given those options would I get rid of either? Absolutely not. I just prefer the lambo :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : Tuukka wouldn't have had it either. As a matter a fact i doubt Jacque's Plante would have stopped it as well. Posted by 50belowzero

I agree

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : Hey Dez, i seem to remember you saying you would revisit the Kaberle to Montreal trade after Kabs had a couple weeks to settle in. What do you think now, the Hab's pp is still pretty bad. I haven't watched many Hab games other than against the B's so i don't know how he's been, but he didn't stand out or anything. I do remember he took a shot though !(;
    Posted by 50belowzero

I haven't been paying enough attention to the Habs lately but you're right about the PP not working right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : In his defense he never said trade Thomas. I'm liking Rask's play a little more than Thomas' as well. Doesn't mean I dislike him. Its like I would love a Ferrari, but I'd prefer a Lamborghini. If given those options would I get rid of either? Absolutely not. I just prefer the lambo :)
    Posted by lambda13

know what? You're right. Sorry BFIPT, my comment was for that fourrings character!

BTW- Lamb, I'd take a Countache over any Ferrari. But since Lambo was bought out by Chrysler they havent been the same. So give me an F40.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

No way.  Two top flight goalies.  One on the rise and one at the tail end of his peak (presumambly), crossing paths at the right time.  I see these two splitting games after this season for two years.  In that 2nd season Rask will play a little more and then the job is his with Thomas backing up.  What would we ever do if one got hurt and we already traded the other?  Plus, there does not seem to be any turmoil with what's going on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Why is this thread continuing?

Sections
Shortcuts