Gotta Trade Rask!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

Gotta Trade Rask!!!!

Right now his trade stock is at its highest....I love Rask but we cant sign him for what he deserves, his best asset to us is in a trade, I think we can obtain aa lot for him in return....I know its great to have 2 great goalies but how much longer can this tandom go on.....lets ride Thomas' wave til the end, and get what we can for Rask. Other ideas on this subject are highly welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!!

Absolutely not.  The Bruins can afford a short overlap period where both he and Thomas will be paid as a #1 goalie.  And that is all they will need.  Rask is the goalie of the future and the value of a premier young #1 goalie (that has already had a Vezina worthy season) is astronomical.  He could be the Bruins starting goalie for 12 years.

Why trade him away for something they don't really need?  What do they need so badly?

What makes you think that the guys you would trade him for won't cost money too?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why with the Bruins well under the cap do you feel they cannot sign him? And what would ou want in retuen that would that would be more valuable than a young goalie of his caliber?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sigh...

Maybe, MAYBE, if it was Rask for Price or Ward  straight up - and even then I don't think I'd do it. Why do people keep on wanting to trade major pieces of this team, or think we can trade minor pieces for stars? They're the Cup champs and the team to beat in the East, and Rask is the goaltending future of this team. We don't need to mortgage the future to be contendors today - we already are. Tweaks, that's all this team needs, if they need anyuthing at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Sigh... Maybe, MAYBE, if it was Rask for Price or Ward  straight up - and even then I don't think I'd do it. Why do people keep on wanting to trade major pieces of this team, or think we can trade minor pieces for stars?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Guys......Rask is a starting #1 goalie on 90% of NHL teams why is he gonna sign here for short money and sit behind Thomas???? The answer is hes not, hes going to get paid by someone we cant pay Tuukka 3 mil(guessing thats the# he needs) and TT 5 mil thats 8 mil a year in goalies...thats not gonna happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : Guys......Rask is a starting #1 goalie on 90% of NHL teams why is he gonna sign here for short money and sit behind Thomas???? The answer is hes not, hes going to get paid by someone we cant pay Tuukka 3 mil(guessing thats the# he needs) and TT 5 mil thats 8 mil a year in goalies...thats not gonna happen!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bird8817[/QUOTE]

The Bruins can afford to pay Tuuka 3 million, even more. If you trade Tuuka your going to want a good return. How much do you think that return is going to make? So I ask you, what do you trade him for, and dont forget, you need to fill that back up goaltender position, unless you trust this team to Khubodin should TT get hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : The Bruins can afford to pay Tuuka 3 million, even more. If you trade Tuuka your going to want a good return. How much do you think that return is going to make? So I ask you, what do you trade him for, and dont forget, you need to fill that back up goaltender position, unless you trust this team to Khubodin should TT get hurt.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

You know Im not sure what we can get for Tuuka but I dont want to pay 8 or 9 million a year in goalies, Id rather pay a defensman 3 or 4 million a year than TT's backup...whos to say Rask will sign for 3 mil??? If Tuuka tests the free agent market he will be offered more than 3 mil a year and then hes gone with nothing in return....This is a contract year for Tuuka he wants to get paid...not be TT's backup...and we all know Tuukka is a #1 goalie!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : You know Im not sure what we can get for Tuuka but I dont want to pay 8 or 9 million a year in goalies, Id rather pay a defensman 3 or 4 million a year than TT's backup...whos to say Rask will sign for 3 mil??? If Tuuka tests the free agent market he will be offered more than 3 mil a year and then hes gone with nothing in return....This is a contract year for Tuuka he wants to get paid...not be TT's backup...and we all know Tuukka is a #1 goalie!!!

PC doesn't "gotta trade Rask".  The underlined part of your last post may have made a better thread.  What would you expect to get for Rask?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : You know Im not sure what we can get for Tuuka but I dont want to pay 8 or 9 million a year in goalies, Id rather pay a defensman 3 or 4 million a year than TT's backup...whos to say Rask will sign for 3 mil??? If Tuuka tests the free agent market he will be offered more than 3 mil a year and then hes gone with nothing in return....This is a contract year for Tuuka he wants to get paid...not be TT's backup...and we all know Tuukka is a #1 goalie!!!
    Tuukka is an RFA. He's not going anywhere without a big return in draft picks. He will stay here because the B's will want to keep him. TT is a UFA after next year, which means we can trade him or move him to backup. I think PC is in a good bargaining position for Rask.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nothing in return? He's an RFA. Okay, so you get a defenseman who makes 3 or 4 million? who sits? who is your back up goalie? ....

Trust me, Tuuka is staying, makes no sense to trade him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Tuuka has already said that he would stay here at a discount, he likes winning and wants to be *the* goalie in a cup run.

And if you trade him, you then have to look at finding a goalie after TT retires and given that TT is very close to 38 years old that could be any time soon.

This is an interesting team because other than Thomas you have several "building block" players, Seguin, Marchand, Rask and probably Hamilton in due time.  The veterans other than Thomas aren't that old.

It does make it tricky as I play fantasy gm, you need to build a team for the future, you need to be competitive now.

And then again, given the Bruins success, how many other GM's would be willing to give PC a fair deal?  Given they're the reigning cup champions and dominant this year, I wouldn't be too keen on trading with them as fantasy gm.

Next thing, consider Adam McQuaid and Johnny Boychuk - they were nobodies in their respective organizations and then they developed really well here in Boston.  So if PC wants to talk to me about some kid I have on the farm, that kid's stock just went up in my book.

Yes, anyone is tradeable for the right price.  Anyone.  The problem is getting the right price and I don't think that's going to happen.

Glad to see you've come clean.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Really more trade talk...Really...Even with my shots about lackluster play no where could anyone see a trade be called for. This is a complete team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Why Trade Rask?? This will be Thomas last year here. As much as I like Thomas. Boston Needs to make Rask their #1 goalie. So trade Thomas, then use that cap space to sign Rask. Very easy problem to fix. Lots of teams will go after Thomas. Yes, I know he is "old" but goalies can play for a long time. Thomas still has 2-3 years left in him. So I can see some teams going after him in a trade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Boston is appealing to Tuukka for several reasons -- good team, good management, familair setting, and the keys to the starting job as soon as Thomas' contract (if up if not sooner).  If he goes somewhere else he will be competing for a starting job and he might have much younger competition.  He might also not being playing in front of a team with the league's lowest GAA and a recent Stanley Cup.

Further, he's an RFA, so he can't just 'say no' to the Bruins.

Further, the Bruins DO have enough money to pay for two #1 goalies for a year or two to bridge the gap

Further, if you want to get really good players in exchange for Tuukka, you have to pay them too.  If they are comparable talent-wise, they will want comparable money.  So you don't save any money, and you now have a huge future hole at goalie to fill.

It makes no sense to move Tuukka unless you somehow get a comparable goalie (who?) at a lower price.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Really more trade talk...Really...Even with my shots about lackluster play no where could anyone see a trade be called for. This is a complete team.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

Like I said in a previous post, anyone is tradeable, it depends on the price.

I think the only guys that might be tradeable are Paille and/or Campbell toward the bottom and the only 1st or second line guy I would consider is Horton.

[Edit]  o yah, I would also consider trading Hamill, Caron, Bartkowski and even Riendeau.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This isn't the first trade Tuukka thread and it won't be the last. The Bruins have never had the best goalie tandem in the league as long as I've watched.......until now. I want these two to be the Bruins goalies together forever if it was possible. After watching the revolving door of mediocre goalies from the Bruins past I am no longer concerned who gets the nod come game time.

Enjoy the quality goaltending the Bruins are getting night after night because it ain't going to last forever.

Trading Rask is just silly talk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

The thing Chiarelli needs to know is what are Thomas' plans after his contract is up.  If he still wants to play, then letting him walk as an UFA is tough to swallow.  The alternative is to sign him to an extension, which extends the "problem" we have with the two #1 goalies.  According to capgeek, Thomas' NMC expires July 2012.  There is a window to move him before next years trade deadline, and you have to seriously condider it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Unless your Nashville, goalies don't go on trees. Unless Rask demands Pekka Rinne type dough, Chiarelli has to keep him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Dumb thread! It would be easier to talk about if the person offered a possible return. Where they just say TRADE HIM BECAUSE WE NEED TO GET SOMETHING! That's just foolish!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

[QUOTE]Dumb thread! It would be easier to talk about if the person offered a possible return. Where they just say TRADE HIM BECAUSE WE NEED TO GET SOMETHING! That's just foolish!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

will it be foolish if Tuukka signs elsewhere in the next off season and we get a second round pick for him????when we probably get more for him now????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : will it be foolish if Tuukka signs elsewhere in the next off season and we get a second round pick for him????when we probably get more for him now????

2nd Round Pick as compensation means the max offer sheet Rask would be signing is about $3.1M.  PC welcomes that scenario and easily matches.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : will it be foolish if Tuukka signs elsewhere in the next off season and we get a second round pick for him????when we probably get more for him now????
    This isn't a dig when I say that you should learn more about the NHL free-agent process before attempting to enlighten us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : This isn't a dig when I say that you should learn more about the NHL free-agent process before attempting to enlighten us.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez you may have to make that your signature, it would be appropriate in a number of contexts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gotta Trade Rask!!!! : Dez you may have to make that your signature, it would be appropriate in a number of contexts.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]
    I was being sincere though. A better tag line would be Corvo Is A Bum!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

No, if anything you trade thomas not Rask

Sections
Shortcuts