Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Re: Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason

This is the same guy who said if he had the Summit Series (Canada-Soviet Union 1972) to do over he wouldn't.

The loyalty of a fruitfly, the intellect of one too

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

I like his 'crib'...

I call this, The Me Room

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Espo being Espo.  Guy leads with his heart, follows with his mouth, backs it up with his body, and leaves a trail of bread crumbs so his brain can catch up.  Never was any different. 

And really...who cares who Phil cheers for?  I only care about the rings he picked up playing in Boston and the Ratelle/Park years I enjoyed when they dumped his ego to the Rangers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason : OMG you would never hear something like that coming from an ex habs player like Guy Lafleur or Beliveau or Tremblay or anyone else
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Patrick Roy might be heard saying things like that daily.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

"I don't give a damn about Espo"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]HAHAHA! Love it! Love Espo! Same as he ever was. He's on their payroll, what did you think he was gonna say? Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Exactly Towing the company line is all and listening to him every Thursday on NHL live is comical Scotty Laughlin has to remind Espo every 10 minutes what subject they were on to keep phat Phil form sleeping.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The Bruin / Tampa series cannot start soon enough !

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

I say good for him.  You can't live in the past forever and he has every right to speak his mind as he pleases today, nearly 40 years removed from the glory days. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

how that guy ran a franchise is beyond me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason : Aw, give him a break. His daughter married a RUSSIAN hockey player!!! Since then he hasn`t known if he was comming or going!(think 1972) 
    Posted by Canadien175[/QUOTE]

Lol.  Yeah that pretty much blew him away.  He has once said No Way in Hell was his daughter marrying a Russian hockey player.  Lol. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

So this is how certain players get booed at the garden.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

He is on Tampa's payroll now; I would expect any player to say something similar...I noticed from the "interview" that it was heavly edited; so it could have been taken out of context. 

He still won championships for Boston and deserves our cheers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason : Yep, I don't think Espo ever got over that trade. Do you blame him? If I was sent to those smurf p*ssies after being the most important Bruin after Orr I'd probably be pretty p*ssed too.  As for the series, I hope Espo is prepared for some more disappointment.    
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

And it was one of Boston's best trades ever. I never thought I could see Brad Park in a B's uniform but he made us like him. And Ratelle was very good also. There is a song........"You made me love you I didn't want to do it"

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Espo is being paid by TB broadcast.  He roots for the people who pay him .  Sorry folks, as much as we love the guys on the Bs, they, too, play for who pays them. If they traded Thomas to the Lightning tomorrow, do you think he'd just step aside and let the Bruins put pucks in the net? Espo was always kind of a kook, even when he was with the NYR....who knows. He won 2 Cups with the Bs, but the Bs traded him.  Not the other way around.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Timmy destroyed a Jumbotron because someone scored on him... in practice. So that would be a no, and I agree with your point. Phil has more invested in the Bolts than anyone EVER. ( he gave Manon her shot 21 years ago for pete's sake). Where do you think his loyalties would lie?

In many ways, Espo is the father of that franchise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Espo has been erased from my memory and all his stats with the Bruins have been deleted ...dont know that player anymore ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The dollar is thicker than blood! What did you expect him to say?

Philipo is welcome anytime!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Actually, Im NOT surprised by his remarks, Espo is a damn jackbag after all.  Always has been.  He's like a Manny type character.

HOWEVER, I DO expect him to have a little more tact about it.  Saying he "could care less" (I HATE when people say they, they sound RE-tarded) is a little much.  He gets choked up about seeing his jersey hanging there, but he doesnt care about Boston?  Ok, then take the damn jersey down and let him hang it in his livingroom.  What a classless joke Espo is in that interview, whether he means it or not.  I hope he gets blackballed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason:
    [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNla67eIhFs&feature=player_embedded OUCH! "I dont give a damn about boston" that one hurt!!! Pull that jersey down and hang it upside down for this series!
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I have no real problem with his remarks because I do not get emotionally attached to any athlete.  They are simply names on the roster whether on the field, the court or the ice.  If they stop carrying their weight I'd kick them to the curb in a heartbeat.  Espo means nothing to me.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Espo is & always will have the competetive juices flowing! He never said he hated Boston. He was asked about his loyalty to Boston compared to Tampa Bay.  He gave a typical Espo answer! Honest & from the heart! People like Stanley are taking this too heart way too much. As the man says. The Bolts are his child. He seeded them & helped bring them to life. Bourque & Orr never brought a franchise into the league. A lot of us may have read about what Phil had to go thru to get this franchise, but only a few will understand what he went thru to get it!
    Still one of the best ever Bruins & his comments don't change that. Loyalties can & are allowed to change.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]Espo is & always will have the competetive juices flowing! He never said he hated Boston. He was asked about his loyalty to Boston compared to Tampa Bay.  He gave a typical Espo answer! Honest & from the heart! People like Stanley are taking this too heart way too much. As the man says. The Bolts are his child. He seeded them & helped bring them to life. Bourque & Orr never brought a franchise into the league. A lot of us may have read about what Phil had to go thru to get this franchise, but only a few will understand what he went thru to get it! Still one of the best ever Bruins & his comments don't change that. Loyalties can & are allowed to change.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

He could have said, "I'll always have a place in my heart for the fans in Boston."  Then he could have praised Tampa to the high heavens and not a soul in NE would have a problem.  But like so many our politicians he said something really stupid.  I swear there hast to be something in the water supply or perhaps the air that is causing people to make the dumbest remarks. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]This is the same guy who said if he had the Summit Series (Canada-Soviet Union 1972) to do over he wouldn't. The loyalty of a fruitfly, the intellect of one too
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

Neither would a lot of the players on that team! That SOB Eagleson ripped them all off. The players never got paid a cent for that series & that crook walked away with a ton of money! So get your facts straight before you start questioning someone's loyalty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Athletes should care about the fans who paid big bucks to support them through the good times and the bad.  I went to a event in CT where Jim Rice was speaking and it was extemely disappointing to hear him say all that mattered was he made it to the majors and couldn't give a rat's as_s about playing for the Sox.  I don't give a hoot if he hated the Sox owner, front office or sports writers.  The fans always had his back and he owed it to them to be gracious and respectful. 

25. This post has been removed.