Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason

that is OK. He did win two cups in Boston,
    That is two more than most Bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'm going to go watch my DVD of Phat Phil's #7 retirement. In rewind mode. #7 being lowered from the rafters, Phil crying, show Phil handing Ray the 7 jersey and Ray putting it on over # 77.  Nice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

This is ridiculous !!
    The video in it's entirety is pretty self explanatory, and it shouldn't take a degree in rocket science to put it in logical perspective.
    Espo's a member of the Lightning now.  They pay the bills, so they have the rental on his heart....not unlike every current player, coach, GM, equipment manager, peanut vendor etc on these 2 teams....and incidentally the 28 others, making up the NHL.
    As per the video, Phil was a key piece in the formation of the Bolts, something no other player of the last few generations can lay claim to.
    He's 36 years removed from Boston, and Boston gave him the boot....not the other way around.  He's now employed by Tampa, and has lived there for years.
    Would any reasonable person expect his loyalties to lie with the B's???? !!!
    How much do you think Mark Recchi cheered for the Flyers?  How sensitive do you think he'll be to the Lightning's success????  How in the world did he survive Montreal???
    How about Claude.  Suppose he was cheering for the Habs?.....and oh yeah, how about Stevie Y??? I bet he's really down in the dumps about Detroits ouster, he had to be hoping the Wings went all the way.
    The only thing dumber than all the hurt here, is the question that jack wadd reporter threw Phil's way.  Of course his loyalties lie with the Lightning!!  In the same situation, anyones answer would be exactly as Espo's..... not as animated and colorful,...not nearly as real,  but their true feelings would mirror exactly what Espo said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I love Espo, he says what's on his mind, he gets in trouble for what he says too. It will be great for the rivalry in the series. But the most important thing? He understands it's a game, not life/death. More people should take his attitude.
    And I want to see the B's smoke his precious Bolts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

They should hang his jersey upside down, or shrowd it for the series.  Can't deny what he was for the B's, and you can't deny what his loyalties are now.  And when you really get down to it, who cares what a retired player not with the organization any longer thinks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason:
    [QUOTE]This is ridiculous !! The video in it's entirety is pretty self explanatory, and it shouldn't take a degree in rocket science to put it in logical perspective. Espo's a member of the Lightning now.  They pay the bills, so they have the rental on his heart....not unlike every current player, coach, GM, equipment manager, peanut vendor etc on these 2 teams....and incidentally the 28 others, making up the NHL. As per the video, Phil was a key piece in the formation of the Bolts, something no other player of the last few generations can lay claim to. He's 36 years removed from Boston, and Boston gave him the boot....not the other way around.  He's now employed by Tampa, and has lived there for years. Would any reasonable person expect his loyalties to lie with the B's???? !!! How much do you think Mark Recchi cheered for the Flyers?  How sensitive do you think he'll be to the Lightning's success????  How in the world did he survive Montreal??? How about Claude.  Suppose he was cheering for the Habs?.....and oh yeah, how about Stevie Y??? I bet he's really down in the dumps about Detroits ouster, he had to be hoping the Wings went all the way. The only thing dumber than all the hurt here, is the question that jack wadd reporter threw Phil's way.  Of course his loyalties lie with the Lightning!!  In the same situation, anyones answer would be exactly as Espo's..... not as animated and colorful,...not nearly as real,  but their true feelings would mirror exactly what Espo said.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]
    Smacked that outta Fenway over the Green Monster! Well typed Steve!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason : And it was one of Boston's best trades ever. I never thought I could see Brad Park in a B's uniform but he made us like him. And Ratelle was very good also. There is a song........"You made me love you I didn't want to do it"
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Ratelle and Park were such a joy to watch

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grab the Pitchforks and Torches: Espo commits high treason : I understand TB is his Baby but LOL. Those were fightin words!
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

As much as he is a jerk for saying that, remember it was the trade for Espo, Hodge and Stanfield that put us over the top. Orr was the greatest and we don't win without him but we don't win without that trade either.