Grading Tuukka's 2010-11 season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Grading Tuukka's 2010-11 season

Tuuka couldn't score for the team. In his 14 losses the team scored 21 goals. If you go back & look at most of the goalies in the NHL. There's very few that won games with only 21 goals for them in 14 losses. Rinne; Brodeur & Pumpmytires are a couple of the exceptions. I think most here are grading Rask unfairly. I know he didn't play up to expectations; but I can't stress enough that playing his style has so much to do with timing & in order for that timing to get there he needs to play. He couldn't because TT's play was off the charts. Everybody who isn't a goalie just thinks "Oh well his numbers suk & he didn't look good & he never beat any play-off teams!" That's so typical of people who don't understand the position! They think it's just stop the puck! The kid deserves a break! Grading him with C's & D's is dog dung!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Grading Tuukka's 2010-11 season:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grading Tuukka's 2010-11 season : This what?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking Bigvig was pretty much stating you said it best. Good post on that one Nite.

I think these two are a legit comparison, mostly on style of play, same with Miller and Quick. Not saying one is better or any thing to do with numbers I'm going strictly on style.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Grading Tuukka's 2010-11 season:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grading Tuukka's 2010-11 season : I'm thinking Bigvig was pretty much stating you said it best. Good post on that one Nite. I think these two are a legit comparison, mostly on style of play, same with Miller and Quick. Not saying one is better or any thing to do with numbers I'm going strictly on style.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Ok Got it! lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's face it. Tuuka has a very impressive "style" that he has perfected. In addition, there isn't any comparison to Timmy's "style". Timmy has created his own plus a passion for winning, especially the BIG games. However, this unique style requires continual physical capabilities. At his age the probability for a muscle failure, plus a lengthy rehab, is more often than less. That said it requires Claude to make sure Tuuka has sufficient ice time so that his capabilities are in top form. That requires a shared schedule unlike this past year when Tuuka's game times were limited. The defense also has to have more ice time with Tuuka so that their responsiveness is equal to their play in front of Timmy. This is still a team game, and, as a team, the Bruins need to understand how Tuuka plays the puck.

Sections
Shortcuts