Great Game: Bad Result

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Great Game: Bad Result

I don't think the Rangers will want to play the Bruins anytime soon.

Rangers couldn't do absolutely anything against the Bruins in the third and the overtime, until the 5 minute major and then got lucky.

The Bruins are too strong for the Rangers. Without help they cannot keep up with the Bruins.

We lost, but we showed the Rangers they still have a long way to go. Me thinks they would not want the Bruins in a seven-game series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dosul. Show dosul's posts

Re: Great Game: Bad Result

In Response to Great Game: Bad Result:
    I don't think the Rangers will want to play the Bruins anytime soon. Rangers couldn't do absolutely anything against the Bruins in the third and the overtime, until the 5 minute major and then got lucky. The Bruins are too strong for the Rangers. Without help they cannot keep up with the Bruins. We lost, but we showed the Rangers they still have a long way to go. Me thinks they would not want the Bruins in a seven-game series.
    Posted by Wheatskins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Two good teams, one good game. The puck just didn't bounce our way nearly as many times as it did for the Rangers, that's bound to happen every now and then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I don't think the Rangers will want to play the Bruins anytime soon. Rangers couldn't do absolutely anything against the Bruins in the third and the overtime, until the 5 minute major and then got lucky. The Bruins are too strong for the Rangers. Without help they cannot keep up with the Bruins. We lost, but we showed the Rangers they still have a long way to go. Me thinks they would not want the Bruins in a seven-game series.
    Posted by Wheatskins

Wheats - It would be a hell of series though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result:
    In Response to Great Game: Bad Result : Wheats - It would be a hell of series though.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

RHO, my buddy is a huge NYR fan so I follow them pretty closely too. Their team is built somewhat like Boston with the depth at forward and a solid  stopper. Nobody would be surprised if this is the final 2 teams in the East.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Posted by Wheatskins

I totally agree Wheat..the Bruins took it to the Rangers for most of the afternoon. There isn't a team in the league that can hang with the Bruins 5 on 5 when they are on. This was a game the Rangers stole. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjnyynyrnyk. Show nyjnyynyrnyk's posts

What makes the author of this thread think the Bruins would wanna see Henrik in a 7 game series? He's owned them throughout his career. Flawed Foolian will regret starting Tukka over Timmy today when he's playing Game 7 in MSG in May.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What makes the author of this thread think the Bruins would wanna see Henrik in a 7 game series? He's owned them throughout his career. Flawed Foolian will regret starting Tukka over Timmy today when he's playing Game 7 in MSG in May.
    Posted by nyjnyynyrnyk

Why would starting Rask be an issue? He's got the league's best numbers and played great today. NYR played well today too. It looked like game 1 of a playoff series out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotty09. Show scotty09's posts

why were they playing 4 on 3  after the overtime penalty?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

why were they playing 4 on 3  after the overtime penalty?
    Posted by scotty09

Because it was 4 on 4 when he got the penalty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : RHO, my buddy is a huge NYR fan so I follow them pretty closely too. Their team is built somewhat like Boston with the depth at forward and a solid  stopper. Nobody would be surprised if this is the final 2 teams in the East.
    Posted by dezaruchi

dez - You're right.  Perhaps anyone but them might be a surprise. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Posted by nyjnyynyrnyk

The Bruins don't care who they see in a 7 game series.

One thing is for sure if the Rangers hook the Bruins - they will learn that it's a whole different ballgame, and what it takes to win in the playoffs.

I'm salvating at the prospect of the playing the Rangers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : dez - You're right.  Perhaps anyone but them might be a surprise. 

Listening to the Fan590 last night and they were all in agreement that it's Boston and then the rest of the league. Like last year, Boston is a team built to wear you down over the course of a series. NYR looks like they've really turned a corner since Joe T. foolishly called them soft. Call them many things but you can't call them soft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Rangers stole this? What game were you watching? This was dead even... if anything, the Bruins should take this as a wakeup call that they may not be the best team in the East!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : Listening to the Fan590 last night and they were all in agreement that it's Boston and then the rest of the league. Like last year, Boston is a team built to wear you down over the course of a series. NYR looks like they've really turned a corner since Joe T. foolishly called them soft. Call them many things but you can't call them soft.
    Posted by dezaruchi

dez - It's hard to imagine a roster that includes the likes of Prust, Callahan, Boyle, Rupp, Staal when healthy, Dubinsky and when he's up from Connecticut, Avery being termed soft.  If they're soft what are the Canucks?  (Couldn't resist that one, buddy.)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : dez - It's hard to imagine a roster that includes the likes of Prust, Callahan, Boyle, Rupp, Staal when healthy, Dubinsky and when he's up from Connecticut, Avery being termed soft.  If they're soft what are the Canucks?  (Couldn't resist that one, buddy.)

RHO, when the term soft comes up, the Canucks are soon to follow. The Rangers are fearless shot-blockers and lead the league in fights.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : Listening to the Fan590 last night and they were all in agreement that it's Boston and then the rest of the league. Like last year, Boston is a team built to wear you down over the course of a series. NYR looks like they've really turned a corner since Joe T. foolishly called them soft. Call them many things but you can't call them soft.
    Posted by dezaruchi

The Rangers wont be an easy out that is for sure Dez...Lunquist is certainly a goalie who will give any team fits. Imo the Bruins just have more depth at the forward position.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Rangers stole this? What game were you watching? This was dead even... if anything, the Bruins should take this as a wakeup call that they may not be the best team in the East!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Same game you watched...the Rangers capitalized on the few breaks they had. When you get a 4 on 3 powerplay for nearly 4 minutes in OT, your odds are pretty good. 5 on 5 the Bruins were better...I hardly think this was a wakeup call for the Bruins

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : RHO, when the term soft comes up, the Canucks are soon to follow. The Rangers are fearless shot-blockers and lead the league in fights.
    Posted by dezaruchi

dez - As you follow the Rangers what was their style of play at the time of Thornton's comments?  Was it a reference to that specific game between the teams or the Rangers' overall play? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Its all about matchups in the playoffs, who knows the B's and Rangers might not meet at all. The Rangers could get knocked out by the Penguins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Gaborik won that game. Otherwise, it's Bs in regulation 2-1...Rangers are a dangerous team due to their skill forwards and they are strong on the penalty kill. And they have a terrific goalie. Gaborik, though, is a sniper.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : dez - As you follow the Rangers what was their style of play at the time of Thornton's comments?  Was it a reference to that specific game between the teams or the Rangers' overall play? 

RHO, at the time, NYR had started only 3-3-3 (losing games to Ottawa, Leafs, Ducks, NYI,etc.) and Joe figured they should be easy to beat. They could've been 6-3 just as easily so Joe should've kept his yap shut. I haven't seen any significant changes in they're game since. I think it just took a little while for everyone to buy into the system. Sound familiar?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Great Game: Bad Result : bsfaninnj - I absolutley agree.  Each of us tends to filter games subjectively. What I saw today was a NYR team that is no joke and played us tough. 1. Blocking shots/shooting lanes 2. Hitting and just as physical. Where the Bs looked bad: 1. The Geoff Ward "hold.wait.pass.hold.wait.pass." PP philosophy which is going to look utterly pathetic against more disciplined defensive teams like the NYR. 2. More lapses of "ho hum" effort for large parts of the game.  3. Ference and McQuaid scored the goals = our forwards had no answers in trying to move in their zone. NYR are AS GOOD AS the Bs. Period.
    Posted by ipot

Since the Bruins are the Champs, someone will have to beat them in a best of 7 before your claim holds true. 1 game out of 82 doesn't prove it. Exclamation point!

Sections
Shortcuts