Great Game last night (best one of the Series). Leafs not yet ready to take on a team as good and deep as the Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Great Game last night (best one of the Series). Leafs not yet ready to take on a team as good and deep as the Bruins

I was hoping we could stay competitive getting back into the playoffs after so many years and hoping to win a coupe of games.

I think they have been for the most part (except the 1st game).

Inexperience and suspect goaltending is showing.

I don't think Reimer has the rebound control to be a 1st string goaltender.  He sits back into the net too much.

Clearly the Bruins are better and much deeper. 

Good showing overall and hopefully a step in the right direction for the team going forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Great Game last night (best one of the Series). Leafs not yet ready to take on a team as good and deep as the Bruins

It just seems like Julien has his team be patient long enough because he knows the Leafs will make a mistake and then they pounce on it.  Game 3 very evident and last night 2 of Krejci's was due to mental mistakes by Leafs.

Depth is one thing but goaltending tops the list.  The way the game was going back and forth I knew Rask would out-duel Reimer .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Great Game last night (best one of the Series). Leafs not yet ready to take on a team as good and deep as the Bruins

In response to LoveRealHockey's comment:

I was hoping we could stay competitive getting back into the playoffs after so many years and hoping to win a coupe of games.

I don't think Reimer has the rebound control to be a 1st string goaltender.  He sits back into the net too much.

Good showing overall and hopefully a step in the right direction for the team going forward.

just like players, teams go through growing pains. look what happened to the bruins before they won the cup. lost in 7 first round to MTL, lost in 7 (OT) to carolina in round 2, lost in 7 to philly in round 2, cup. it doesn't happen overnight. experience is needed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It was a great game and you're right LRH. Depth and goaltending was the difference maker. The Leafs have nothing to be ashamed of so far. They're playing pretty well and could easily be tied instead of down 3-1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oh and happy the Leafs didn't give in to Gillis and Luongo.  I do think he's an upgrade on Reimer but at what cost ?  Bozak ? Screw the Canucks , they will fire Gillis and maybe get Luongo for nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

These past two games, both teams have brought it pretty well.  Reimer is the big difference maker, so far.  He just hasn't been good enough to give the Leafs much of a chance.

I see Friday going one of two ways.  Either it is completely intense and close, or the Leafs' comparative lack of playoff experience really comes through.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It was a great game and you're right LRH. Depth and goaltending was the difference maker. The Leafs have nothing to be ashamed of so far. They're playing pretty well and could easily be tied instead of down 3-1.

Well put Dez, nobody should be talking like the series is over yet. We all know the 4th win is the toughest to get. The Leafs have shown a lot of fight through the first four games, I wouln't expect anything different in game 5. That being said, let's wrap this thing up tomorrow night and give the boys some much needed rest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Great game, agreed.  See what you mean about Kessel evolving into a playmaker as well as scorer, and yes, Seguin plays soft as well, but he has made more opportunities than Kessel has.  Even if guys like Kessel and Seguin aren't scoring, if they are getting shots and making the other guys work, it's a positive thing.  It's that much less energy to defend against other players in the line up.

Phaneuf is a cancer and must be eliminated.  The game he plays isn't related to what the numbers are on the scoreboard.

Yah, a goalie playing out of his mind always helps no matter what the skill of lack of it on a team.  Yah, Reimer could play better for sure, but if there were more in front of him he might be adequate.  I don't see Luongo as an answer.

Otherwise just depth and skill.  

All my life dating back to Salming the Leafs have been playoff fodder for the Bruins, my world would flip upside down if that were to ever change.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]

I think the Leafs have played very well.  Decent speed and some a few snipers.

If they can clean up the blue line, they will be formidable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

LRH, as a fan of the game you have to be happy. Last night was a barn burner of epic proportions. My wife didn't want to hear it, but I said that even if the B's lost, it was a wildly entertaining game all the same. A post here, a glove there, one missed assignment...and boom, it was over. A case of experience (and a gem of a game from the first line) saving the day.

...and Riemer will be fine. He made some fantastic stops. The fanbase should thank their stars they didn't cave in to Gillis for Bobby Lu.

As a Leaf fan there is a lot to be optimstic about. To quote your homies, the future is so bright you gotta wear shades.

Another note. Kessel is turning into a real hockey player. Good for him. I had him pegged for a one trick pony.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

LRH, as a fan of the game you have to be happy. Last night was a barn burner of epic proportions. My wife didn't want to hear it, but I said that even if the B's lost, it was a wildly entertaining game all the same. A post here, a glove there, one missed assignment...and boom, it was over. A case of experience (and a gem of a game from the first line) saving the day.

...and Riemer will be fine. He made some fantastic stops. The fanbase should thank their stars they didn't cave in to Gillis for Bobby Lu.

As a Leaf fan there is a lot to be optimstic about. To quote your homies, the future is so bright you gotta wear shades.

Another note. Kessel is turning into a real hockey player. Good for him. I had him pegged for a one trick pony.

Never thought i would see it, but in this series anyway he seems to be dangerous everytime he touches the puck.That also includes the odd bad giveaway but in the offensive zone he has speed and one heck of a shot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Clearly the onus is on the Toronto D and IMO even more so Reimer to play better. I absolutely am pleasantly surprised the depth of skill players with some grit at forward the Toronto (obviously excluding gritless Kessel) bring to the table. I guess thats the product of the "truculence" that Burke was after. This team has a future for sure. But their defense can look out of position and like they cant skate. Whether that makes Reimer look occasionally terrible or not I dont know, but someone has to take the springs out of his glove.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Clearly the onus is on the Toronto D and IMO even more so Reimer to play better. I absolutely am pleasantly surprised the depth of skill players with some grit at forward the Toronto (obviously excluding gritless Kessel) bring to the table. I guess thats the product of the "truculence" that Burke was after. This team has a future for sure. But their defense can look out of position and like they cant skate. Whether that makes Reimer look occasionally terrible or not I dont know, but someone has to take the springs out of his glove.

They do need better D agreed. Maybe just addition by subtraction if they dump Phan-awful (stolen). Carslyle still has them playing better D than I've seen them have in years.

Yeah, Reimer needs to keep those pucks in his glove, but heck he's just 22. He'll be a quality goalie in this league I think.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

It just seems like Julien has his team be patient long enough because he knows the Leafs will make a mistake and then they pounce on it.  Game 3 very evident and last night 2 of Krejci's was due to mental mistakes by Leafs.

Depth is one thing but goaltending tops the list.  The way the game was going back and forth I knew Rask would out-duel Reimer .

Be careful.

Giving Julien any kind of credit for the way they're playing will draw ire from the vultures who are lurking in the background waiting for the Bruins to slip up and then..........

........... that's the last straw. Fire Julien !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

^Yep!

PS. Please do keep dropping by LRH!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

The Leafs have played very well.  This series isn't over yet.  I wouldn't be surprised to see another OT game for Game 5.  The Bruins should win this series, but like jp said, the 4th one is the hardest one to get.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice thoughts, fellas.

Also:

Phaneuf is a dirtbag.

Komorov is a dirtbag.

Kessel is weak like one-ply.

Reimer is terrible.

The goon line is a total joke.

What?  No Joe Colbourne?

Kadri is a little b!tch.

Van Dives-dyke is sad.

(and more)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to jalvis' comment:

The Leafs have played very well.  This series isn't over yet.  I wouldn't be surprised to see another OT game for Game 5.  The Bruins should win this series, but like jp said, the 4th one is the hardest one to get.

Very true, I think it will be another hard fought nailbiter of a game tonight. We are not playing the "curl up and die" Flyers here...

Sections
Shortcuts