Great thing about jagr deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

Re: Great thing about jagr deal

In response to ortiztheman2003's comment:

Chiarelli still has some good trade chips left to acquire a top 4 dman and hopefully another winger.I wouldnt mind Clowe on 3rd line with Lucic and Kelly. Might even try Seguin with dk and Jagr and try Horton on Bergys line

For those who believe the move is not a good one, the Bruins can't score and we get a guy who is on pace for 35 goals in a regular season without moving a player from the roster. Who cares if he's older as there are lots of young players in the league who can't produce at his level. Who cares if he has moved around. Who cares what he was like 10 years ago. Now is now and right now he moves into the Bruins goal scoring lead without playing a game. Seriously...what's not to like?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to fp4778's comment:

Seriously...what's not to like?

EXACTLY.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

In response to fp4778's comment:

Seriously...what's not to like?

EXACTLY.

The mullet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Let's all realize that Jagr, at 41, won't be back next season, either.

He cost the organization 3 players - for an old man.

I hope it works out for Chiarelli's sake.

AHL or ECHL ? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

glad to see Lane go, unsure about cody payne - so it's all about the draft pick, if they don't get to the 3rd round it's only a 2nd round pick - and if they go further it's worth it, no?

And better than losing Koko and Bart and a certain #1

Why not ? He has numbers that are trending upward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The was happier when it was a second and not a scalable 1st if they make the conference finals.  I hate it when there are multiple options and one of them is that sweet spot where the Bruins don't win the Cup and they have to pay a first anyway.  That could happen if they lose in round three or round four.

I'm willing to bet that Chiarelli offered the bump if they make the finals and Nieuwendyk said "Pete, seriously, you want me to be that you get past the Penguins?"  Chiarelli accepting the downgrade to conference finals is a vote of confidence!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Lines:

1. Lucic - Krejci - Jagr

2. Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin

3. Paille (Kelly) - Peverley - Horton

4. Pandolfo (Paille) - Campbell - Thornton

The great thing about the Jagr deal is that the 3rd line is upgraded and the invisible man is sent back to Providence where he belongs.

When Kelly returns he slots in nicely on the 3rd line for Paille, and he then slots back into the 4th line where he came from.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Lines:

1. Lucic - Krejci - Jagr

The great thing about the Jagr deal is that the 3rd line is upgraded and the invisible man is sent back to Providence where he belongs.

When Kelly returns he slots in nicely on the 3rd line for Paille, and he then slots back into the 4th line where he came from.

These would be my guess to.....but you never know what is going on in the mind of CJ.

All I can say is that Jagr better be on the first PP and Peverley and Campbell should not be on the ice when this team has the man advantage...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think you can get upset about the price here at all.  He gave up very little.  C'mon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I agree Fletch. We gave up next to nothing for a future HOF'er who can still get it done at a very high level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Lines:

1. Lucic - Krejci - Jagr

I almost agree 100%. The only difference is that I would keep Caron in the lineup and remove Pandolfo. Having him alongside Thornton and Campbell may be beneficial to developing his working habits. What's Pandolfo got to develop? I hope for our sake, his suitcase packing skills!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

Lines:

1. Lucic - Krejci - Jagr

I almost agree 100%. The only difference is that I would keep Caron in the lineup and remove Pandolfo. Having him alongside Thornton and Campbell may be beneficial to developing his working habits. What's Pandolfo got to develop? I hope for our sake, his suitcase packing skills!

Right, I would prefer Caron over Panini-Adolfo too, but PC might have to sell Caron for some reinforcement on D (and I cannot believe that anyone would take Pandolfo).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

Right, I would prefer Caron over Panini-Adolfo too, but PC might have to sell Caron for some reinforcement on D (and I cannot believe that anyone would take Pandolfo).

Plus CJ prefers Pandolfo...hence, the ice-time.

Caron should really learn to kill penalties.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I hope Caron stays in the lineup over Pandolfo.  I would still like one more top 9 forward, as I may have already mentioned.

Prices are low.  I say spend now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

The B's have climbed to #2 in TSN's power ranking, apparently on the strength of "the Mullet" alone - and, according to Scott Cullen, they have no key injuries. Jagr must have cured Kelly and McQ immediately as well. What a deal.

But I have to apologize for my gross misjudgment: while "Jeremiah" is without a doubt a great player, the best European hockey player ever is of course Khudo.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to ortiztheman2003's comment:

Chiarelli still has some good trade chips left to acquire a top 4 dman and hopefully another winger.I wouldnt mind Clowe on 3rd line with Lucic and Kelly. Might even try Seguin with dk and Jagr and try Horton on Bergys line

Even if Jagr starts on the third line, this will push members of the top two lines to work harder to keep their places.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

That's looking at the bright side of things, no doubt.  Jagr isn't a fit in Julien's system, so this is a pretty obvious desperation move and speaks volumes to the lack of quality past Iginla at Wing.

Oh well. He may be able to help the PP, so that could be something to watch.

You do realize that at age 41, Jagr's outscoring Iginla this year, right?

No Red he doesn't know. This will always be about Whopper Boy trying to prove to everyone that Belichick and Kraft are better than Chiarelli and Jacobs.

All the whining that the creeper did up until the Bruins cup win was about how much Jacobs and Chiarelli stunk up Boston.

Then what happens ?

BK left the Bruins board right after the cup win only to return when the Bruins started playing poorly.

Go figure

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The Kelly injury hurts as much as anything."

This is absolute proof you have not watched any games this yearprior to Kelly braking his leg.

Jagr moving to Left Wing comical :laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Bruins need offence and Jagr produces it.  I'd love see him on his usual right wing side on a PP in possession of the puck, pointing and directing Lucic or Horton to get their azzes in front of the net before he gets off the shot. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Only downside of this deal, that has PLENTY of upside, is it ties up the Bruins 1st AND 2nd round pick in the coming draft. Cam Neely on the Felger and Maz said that even though there are conditions which have to be met in order for the pick to become a 1st rounder that means they can no longer use it as an asset until its decided whether its a 1 or a 2. For what its worth, that was Neely talking and not Chiarelli.

Love the trade (potentially). Lets get on that Cup run boys!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts