Great thing about jagr deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeatballSpuckee. Show MeatballSpuckee's posts

Re: Great thing about jagr deal

I am going to enjoy watching Jagr play here in the brief time that he will be part of this team. Top 5 pure offensive talents of all time. I admit I am a win now type of guy, don't care what we gave up to get him. Probably wouldn't make a good GM, but I enjoy watching talented players play the game regardless of age. We currently don't have many on this roster playing at the level he can play

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I have a question:

We traded a 2nd that could potentially become a first.  Does this mean that we cannot trade our first.

Could we trade a first that conditionally becomes a second if our first rd pick ends up going to Dallas?

Can we trade a first (unconditionally) that would default to a second if our first goes to Dal?  Would it default to a first the following season?

I dont get how this works and would appreciate some feedback

So long as there are no siturations where multiple teams are owed the same pick, anything will go.  For instance, Chiarelli could offer this year's 1st, on the condition that if the Bruins make the conference finals it becomes this year's second and next year's first.

There's a comment in the BDC blog on it.

Dallas will land Boston’s 2013 first-round pick if the Bruins advance to the Eastern Conference Final. Chiarelli explained, however, that they could still put their first-rounder in play tomorrow with conditions attached. For example, if the condition with Dallas vests, the Bruins could make their 2013 first-rounder a 2014 first-round pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to MeatballSpuckee's comment:

I am going to enjoy watching Jagr play here in the brief time that he will be part of this team. Top 5 pure offensive talents of all time. I admit I am a win now type of guy, don't care what we gave up to get him. Probably wouldn't make a good GM, but I enjoy watching talented players play the game regardless of age. We currently don't have many on this roster playing at the level he can play

PC didn't give up anything.  A future skating clown, a guy who may never play in the NHL and a late first rounder.  Nothing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to MeatballSpuckee's comment:

Top 5 of all time?  How old are you?

From a purely offensive talent standpoint? An argument could certainly be made for top 5. He's 8th all-time in points, and thats with taking three years off to play in the KHL. Among wingers, he has the second most points ever, only behind Gordie Howe. In terms of points per game, of the players in the top 50 all time for points, only Gretzky, Lemieux, Dionne, Espo and Statsny have averaged more points per game. Mike Bossy is the only other member of the 1000 point club with a better point per game average. Personally, I don't think he'd be in my top 5 for offensive talent, but he'd be damn close, and I'd be open to hearing arguments for his inclusion in that list.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:

From a purelyy offensive talent standpoint? An argument could certainly be made for top 5. He's 8th all-time in points, and thats with taking three years off to play in the KHL. Among wingers, he has the second most points ever, only behind Gordie Howe. In terms of points per game, of the players in the top 50 all time for points, only Gretzky, Lemieux, Dionne, Espo and Statsny have averaged more points per game. Mike Bossy is the only other member of the 1000 point club with a better point per game average. Personally, I don't think he'd be in my top 5 for offensive talent, but he'd be damn close, and I'd be open to hearing arguments for his inclusion in that list.

He currently first among active players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

He currently first among active players.

And among those active players he's over 250 points ahead of the guy in second, Teemu Selanne who has only played 3 less games than Jagr. The active player in third place, Joe Thornton, is 568 points back of Jagr.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

JJ is just a great addition!

The bruins needed scoring and they got  the stars top scorer with a HOF resume.

I believe he has more points than Iginla

he will be great in those tight one goal playoff games and OT and this guy would love another cup!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

JJ is just a great addition!

The bruins needed scoring and they got  the stars top scorer with a HOF resume.

I believe he has more points than Iginla

he will be great in those tight one goal playoff games and OT and this guy would love another cup!

He's played 159 more games than Iginla, and has 583 more points.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Top 5 of all time?  How old are you?

[/QUOTE]

I'm 150 years old. I can vouch for that.

Sections
Shortcuts