Greg Campbell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Greg Campbell

I have to admit, when the B's first acquired Campbell I was less that enthused.  I just looked at his offensive numbers and considered him a throw in.  But, I am really liking his game.  He can play in a lot of situations.  The fact that he plays with an edge makes it even better.  He reminds me of a P.J Axellson with an edge.  Good move PC getting him in that trade. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Greg Campbell

Ditto as I didn't know enough about him except that he was Cranky's son. He's 25 and should be locked up for a long time by Chiarelli.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

He's a sparkplug with skill and smarts.  Keep him, Chiarelli.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Begin was that 4th line center last season.  Campbell has made that seem like a lifetime ago.  Look at where Begin is playing now...in the AHL.  Huge upgrade.  Having 4 lines that can score and get equal even strength ice time is really going to help this team wear teams down in a 7 game series in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Yep, I loved that throw-in to the Wideman/Horton trade.  Soupy's a combo of Yelle and Begin, as that fouth line center. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Literall too many good things to say aboug Campbell to even write them down.

I was say this for someone who's father is the league disciplinarian and in a tight circle with the commish. Campbell is an extremely down to earth hardworking player, he doesnt want anything handed to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i can almost be said that campbell has been a more valuable acquisition than horton from the cats- who would have guessed this?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah, I knew he was a tough player, but I had no clue he was this good.  He can, and does, do it all. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He is an upgrade to Begin, he is an excellent 4th liner and penalty killer, but he is a 4th liner, not the next coming.  I love what he brings but never should you roll 4, put him on PP or play him more than Luc or Hort.

The 4th was brutal last night, other than Caron crossbar, were absolutely brutal.  Everytime Mon got sustained pressure it started with the 4th on the ice.  Camp, 2 shots 2hits -1 5pmins TOI-15:01 (fight was great), Thorn 2 shots 1 hit -1 17pmins TOI-7:59 (attempt to fight was hilarious) and Caron 1 missed shot 0 hits -1 TOI-7:07 provided nothing as a 4th line, Camp on PK is fine, but keep him off the PP.

How to use 4th-
    A couple of needed shifts per period.
    Def not required in first 5 or last 5 of period.
    These are professional athletes and they should be able to fly all night long. 45 sec shift 1 1/2 min rest and go again. 3rd shift throw in 4th for extra min rest and start all over.
    After TV timeouts when they get a full rest, start with your best, leave the 4th on bench until 3rd rotation.

If timeout start cycle all over again, 4th does not need to see ice for 3 rotations or if at all depending on game and time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Greg Campbell:
    He is an upgrade to Begin, he is an excellent 4th liner and penalty killer, but he is a 4th liner, not the next coming.  I love what he brings but never should you roll 4, put him on PP or play him more than Luc or Hort. The 4th was brutal last night, other than Caron crossbar, were absolutely brutal.  Everytime Mon got sustained pressure it started with the 4th on the ice.  Camp, 2 shots 2hits -1 5pmins TOI-15:01 (fight was great), Thorn 2 shots 1 hit -1 17pmins TOI-7:59 (attempt to fight was hilarious) and Caron 1 missed shot 0 hits -1 TOI-7:07 provided nothing as a 4th line, Camp on PK is fine, but keep him off the PP. How to use 4th- A couple of needed shifts per period. Def not required in first 5 or last 5 of period. These are professional athletes and they should be able to fly all night long. 45 sec shift 1 1/2 min rest and go again. 3rd shift throw in 4th for extra min rest and start all over. After TV timeouts when they get a full rest, start with your best, leave the 4th on bench until 3rd rotation. If timeout start cycle all over again, 4th does not need to see ice for 3 rotations or if at all depending on game and time.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

yes but... Campbell has the tools to fill in on third line duty, or PK or some other situations.  I'ts a bit unfair to blame the lines difficulties on him, when you have Thronton riding shotgun, and a rookie playing his first NHL game in a while.  You have to admit, to this point in the season, the fourth line has been very good.  That is mostly due to Campbell. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

He's been great.  The Bruins have done a great job of bringing in 4th line centers for a while.  Metropolit, Yelle, Begin, etc.

I think Campbell is the best of the bunch and is young enough that they should keep him signed.  He is not overly skilled but could fill in as a 2nd or 3rd line center for stints as needed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yes Scooter, Camp has been a definite asset, especially good on PK, when Pail has been in stands he has not been missed. The 4th has been good when Camp had Wheel or March with him to allow the less talented Thorn look like an actual hockey player. Though when with Pail or Caron(I know only 1st game) not as good.

He is not an upgrade at 3rd line though, he needs to stay on 4th, would be nice if Thorn seen the inside of the pressroom and 2 that can skate were on with him.  I would say that Seg would have quality shifts with him and Caron, but Cj will never let that happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was very happy when they got him.  He's cheap enough to play on the fourth line, but skilled enough to play on the third and fill in on the second.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Can't stand his father, but he's done a nice job.  He's arguably been more effective than Horton.

Sections
Shortcuts