Gretzky Helping get a team in Seattle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Gretzky Helping get a team in Seattle

As per TSN:

Wayne Gretzky could be on his way back to the NHL as an owner, but in an entirely new location.

The New York Post reported Friday that Gretzky has joined a group of investors trying to bring an NHL team to Seattle.

The Post states that Gretzky's group is one of three trying to get a team to the Pacific Northwest, though it's not known if the method would be to buy an existing franchise or set up an expansion team.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman visited Seattle in May, meeting with mayor Ed Murray. An NHL spokesperson confirmed the meeting then and said the commissioner was there getting an update on the status of a new arena being proposed by investor Chris Hansen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Gretzky Helping get a team in Seattle

Yes I am aware at the poor use of English in the thread title....too much beer already it seems

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It would be hilarious if that "Mickey Mouse" organization were moved to Seattle. 

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ha! Sweet irony indeed. Though they did seem to win their share of cups in the 90's and 2000's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If the Panthers were to go (which they aren't going to, but if it did happen), I'd move to Tampa.  At least I'd get to watch Stampkos.

Sections
Shortcuts