Groundwork Being Laid For A Nice Swap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Groundwork Being Laid For A Nice Swap

Good news Bruindom!

Just learned this morning that a deal is in the works with a west division Canadian team. There are three principals involved, there could be more players or draft picks to round out the deal. The Bruin target would fit extremely nicely on the first or second line.

A number of issues must be worked out. This deal could go down before the draft or at the draft.

I'll have more particulars for everyone as soon as I get them

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Groundwork Being Laid For A Nice Swap

And where did you copy and paste this rumor from?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Any particulars? I see Marchand and McQuaid for Eberle.....or something like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Any particulars? I see Marchand and McQuaid for Eberle.....or something like that.

I can see something like that as well.  Not sure if its enough.   McQ hasnt been healthy in 2 yrs.  I wouldnt deal eberle for marchand.  I do like the offer.  I cant see Edmonton dealing him unless they are getting a dman that is a top 2-3.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Let the rumours begin!!

Problem is, we are not used to all this time between the end of the Bruins' season, and the draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I can see something like that as well.  Not sure if its enough.   McQ hasnt been healthy in 2 yrs.  I wouldnt deal eberle for marchand.  I do like the offer.  I cant see Edmonton dealing him unless they are getting a dman that is a top 2-3.  

So I guess Bartkowski wouldn't seal the deal then...lol

But seriously, out west it is common knowledge that Mactavish is looking to trade one of the young guns for some veteran depth and experience. Just hope Calgary is not the trading partner.....they really don't have anything the B's need.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:

Let the rumours begin!!

Problem is, we are not used to all this time between the end of the Bruins' season, and the draft.

Only two times in the past 20 years has the post season been longer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As long as it isn't with Calgary. I don't want anything from that team. PC did mention he had a lot of talks with teams about future deals.

Role in the whiners who don't want trade discussions. Stay off the thread then!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Ha! The Seguin/Kessel thing all over again....I think most people forget that few players spend their whole careers with the same team.

Hey, if Linseman can be traded why not Marchand?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

As long as it isn't with Calgary. I don't want anything from that team. PC did mention he had a lot of talks with teams about future deals.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

Id take Giordano.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Id take Giordano.  

That's probably the one guy they will not deal...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Id take Giordano.  

That's probably the one guy they will not deal...

Sean monahan?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Sean monahan?

Would probably depend on the return. I see him as a solid career second liner on a good team. He is not a superstar....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And where did you copy and paste this rumor from?

You know me better than that! Stay tuned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Good news Bruindom!

Just learned this morning that a deal is in the works with a west division Canadian team. There are three principals involved, there could be more players or draft picks to round out the deal. The Bruin target would fit extremely nicely on the first or second line.

A number of issues must be worked out. This deal could go down before the draft or at the draft.

I'll have more particulars for everyone as soon as I get them

Where did u get this? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Where did u get this? 

Ha! Don't you know Wheat has all the inside scoops. I think he is PC's drinking buddy or something ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Sean monahan?

Would probably depend on the return. I see him as a solid career second liner on a good team. He is not a superstar....

No need not a superstar but he's a rookie and niether uhh s giordano a superstar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No need not a superstar but he's a rookie and niether uhh s giordano a superstar

True, but Giordano just had a monster year and probably would have gotten Norris consideration had he played a full season. He is Calgary's "star" for the moment.

Monahan had a solid rookie year but I feel may have been a bit overhyped considering he is the first CGY high draft pick to actually be serviceable for some time. Not saying he is bad but he is definitely no MacKinnon...more like Couterier in Philly. Solid but not spectacular. He will be a good and decent top 6 option going forward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

If this is true ... I hope it's edmonton winnepeg  not vanc or calg

Edminton ... maybe eberle..  doubt it... yakupov?

Winnepeg.... kane? Wheeler ( kidding stanley )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If we are going on the premise that a deal could be made with the Oilers,then a defence man or 2 would have to be a starting point for a return.The B's do not need more d-men so it would have to be a forward coming back. Eberle makes sense in that the Oilers have to give something up to get something,the B's aren't interested in Gagner.MacT said he was going to make some "bold moves" and Oiler nation is still waiting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:

Let the rumours begin!!

Only two times in the past 20 years has the post season been longer.

It was simply an off-handed comment, to give the Bruins, a tip of the hat, for making the Finals in two of the past three years.

Didn't mean to set off your, gotta be a dik about it, alarm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

If we are going on the premise that a deal could be made with the Oilers,then a defence man or 2 would have to be a starting point for a return.The B's do not need more d-men so it would have to be a forward coming back. Eberle makes sense in that the Oilers have to give something up to get something,the B's aren't interested in Gagner.MacT said he was going to make some "bold moves" and Oiler nation is still waiting.

I think boychuk marchand is a high price for eberle.  But i would make that deal. 

Eberle would be a great fit.   Boychuk joins old Bruin buddy and immediately makes that back end harder to play against.  Marchand slides into top 6 spot and gives them gritty guy with good finish.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think boychuk marchand is a high price for eberle.  But i would make that deal. 

Eberle would be a great fit.   Boychuk joins old Bruin buddy and immediately makes that back end harder to play against.  Marchand slides into top 6 spot and gives them gritty guy with good finish.  

I think it is too,not saying i would be against that deal just that maybe McQuaid/Marchand gets it done or Marchand/Bartkowski gets it done.Just having fun with it as i have no idea who the trading partner could be,maybe it is Winnipeg.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Id take Giordano. 

Who on the blueline would you move out ? and why ? Who's role would Giordano replace at $4M per ?

I don't think PC needs to touch the defense. Seidenberg and McQuaid were what the Bruins were missing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Eberle is the perfect fit. Resign Iginla, add Eberle.

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla

Eriksson-Bergeron-Eberle

Eberle is very good on the power play as well.

And for the person who is going to say Iginla is not a first line RW, yes he is, coming off a 30 goal season and if he is to re-sign, he is playing with Krejci and Lucic. If it makes you feel better, we'll say the Bergeron line is the 1st line.

Sections
Shortcuts