GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I am watching the Habs-Kings game on CBC up here in Canada and the station spends a few minutes previewing the Leaf-B's game tonight.

Bud homer Ron Maclean exclaims "TONIGHT IT IS NHL LEADING SCORER PHIL KESSEL AND THE SURGING TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS AGAINST THE BOSTON  BRUINS!!"

No word of the Bruins being the defending cup champions, having a perfect November, in first place in the division, or the fact they have slaughtered the leafs all year. Nothing. The announcers then go on to praise the "resurgence of Lupul" and return of Reimer for the next 10 minutes.

No respect at all.

Ridiculous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To get respect on HNIC you'll have to wait for Bruins fan Cherry to speak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]So I am watching the Habs-Kings game on CBC up here in Canada and the station spends a few minutes previewing the Leaf-B's game tonight. Bud homer Ron Maclean exclaims "TONIGHT IT IS NHL LEADING SCORER PHIL KESSEL AND THE SURGING TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS AGAINST THE BOSTON  BRUINS!!" No word of the Bruins being the defending cup champions, having a perfect November, in first place in the division, or the fact they have slaughtered the leafs all year. Nothing. The announcers then go on to praise the "resurgence of Lupul" and return of Reimer for the next 10 minutes. No respect at all. Ridiculous.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Yes that's the Leafs in Canada our world is suppose to revolve around them,not my world though,kill then Bruins||

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Actually Red I believe Cherry is a life long Buds fan. He did grow up in kingston afterall.

You are probably right though. If not cherry then no one.

By the way LA is just horrible. I remember when some pundits picked them to go the the Cup finals this year. Don't think so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]To get respect on HNIC you'll have to wait for Bruins fan Cherry to speak.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Even he is getting brain washed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The fact is cbc if you remember was once the only televised saturday night hockey games. And being canadian they have always been (just as american tv is now ) homers to there Toronto and Montreal teams. Also the Quote;
    Bud homer Ron Maclean exclaims "TONIGHT IT IS NHL LEADING SCORER PHIL KESSEL AND THE SURGING TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS AGAINST THE BOSTON  BRUINS is all about toronto fan attraction, its a sell not an opinion ,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Yes that's the Leafs in Canada our world is suppose to revolve around them,not my world though,kill then Bruins||
    Posted by kitchener[/QUOTE]

Agreed Kitchener. I very much want a win tonight with the "nation" watching.

It would be a good reality check.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]The fact is cbc if you remember was once the only televised saturday night hockey games. And being canadian they have always been (just as american tv is now ) homers to there Toronto and Montreal teams. Also the Quote; Bud homer Ron Maclean exclaims "TONIGHT IT IS NHL LEADING SCORER PHIL KESSEL AND THE SURGING TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS AGAINST THE BOSTON  BRUINS is all about toronto fan attraction, its a sell not an opinion ,
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. At least Bob Cole (the King of Homers) will not be calling the game. He is currently butchering the Hab-Kings. You would think the least he could do is remember some of the players names who are not wearing a Canadien uniform.

I still remember last year when he called Krecji the B's "tough guy." lol!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!:[QUOTE]To get respect on HNIC you'll have to wait for Bruins fan Cherry to speak. Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Good one Red maybe Don will wear his Bruins blazer tonight!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

HNIC -- should be HNIT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wait, let me understand:

A Canadian television show is showing favoritism toward a Canadian team (30 points) over an American team (31 points).

I can't believe it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

And, of course, we all know that TSN = Toronto Sports Network.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Only PJ Stock on HNIC ever gives the Bruins props. I get the pro Canada thing here as I'm a Canadian but as a life long B's fan, its really disrespectful. Other US based teams seem to get more air time but never the Bruins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The CBC has a vested interest in pumping up the Leafs.  They're a major, cross-country, viewer cash cow for the network. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Everybody respects the Bruins in Canada. Don't kid yourself. I agree with NAS. Simply trying to promote the Canadian team on Canadian TV. No big deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Did anybody see Subbans dive at the end of the game, which persevered the Habs win?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Actually Red I believe Cherry is a life long Buds fan. He did grow up in kingston afterall. You are probably right though. If not cherry then no one. By the way LA is just horrible. I remember when some pundits picked them to go the the Cup finals this year. Don't think so.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised . Their TV revenues are what is important to them.
    Remember all the commercials generated by the Canucks in the final?  Bring the cup home bal bla bla...   CBC cashed in on the advertising.  
    Now Leafs are doing a little better so they want everyone to jump on the bandwagon.
    Oh and about that game what a smother job the Habs did to the Kings, boring hockey but hey that's what Montreal has to do to win.
    One thing for sure Murray was not a happy camper. Ugly game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Did anybody see Subbans dive at the end of the game, which persevered the Habs win?
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

LOL... yes and Justin Williams wanted to kill him. One day the refs will turn against Subban.I'm okay if he just fell as it could happen a nudge and you lose balance but to stay on the ice faking as if you're injured that's where you draw the line.
    The refs got suckered-in.
    The best part of it with 20secs left after the faceoff Subban lowers the lumber with a big slash and the refs don't call it.
    Like I said Murray was not happy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Wow th whole panel was talking Bruins just a few minutes ago and a feature on Seguin coming up. I'm shocked. ...and newfiewhaler, no offence bud but not many people here respect the B's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]To get respect on HNIC you'll have to wait for Bruins fan Cherry to speak.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

no way !  he's wearing practically a Leafs jersey on.  His tie has blue Maple Leafs on it to go with his Toronto Maples Leafs blue colored jacket

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Only PJ Stock on HNIC ever gives the Bruins props. I get the pro Canada thing here as I'm a Canadian but as a life long B's fan, its really disrespectful. Other US based teams seem to get more air time but never the Bruins.
    Posted by Cashman72[/QUOTE]

It's disrespectful?  To whom?  Good lord.  You're a Canadian, but you're acting like a typical American here.  "Oh, that's disrespectful!  The Canadian channel talked about the Canadian team!  My feelings are so hurt.  I'm going to cry myself to sleep.  And then, when I was at Winners, the cashier wished me a Merry Christmas.  Oh the horror!  It's supposed to be Happy Holidays!  My feelings!  My rights!  So disrespectful!"

Get out of here, Cashman.  Wayne would be horrified that you're using his name and posting nancy stuff like this.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

JWalters or anyone who is the color commentator on tonight's CBC Bruins-Laffs broadcast ? Chase ?

D bag was just complaining about how many rings the Bruins gave out after the Cup win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]JWalters or anyone who is the color commentator on tonight's CBC Bruins-Laffs broadcast ? Chase ? D bag was just complaining about how many rings the Bruins gave out after the Cup win.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

and then that same type will talk bad about Jacobs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

NAS you're a true jerk plain and simple.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

They know where their bread is buttered.

Sections
Shortcuts