Gryba gets 2 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Gryba gets 2 games

In response to jmwalters' comment:

wow....what can you say?

So much for hitting in this league....

I'm with you jm.

Worst call yet... but there will be more to come

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If the NHL was bending over for the Habs for decades, wouldn't they have won a Cupsince 1993?  Or at least a draft lottery?

They do have 24 cups, that should hold them for a while.20 years is nothing compared to teams that have never won or have been waiting 40 or more years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

If you think the logo Eller or Gryba wears has anything to do with it, you're simply an idiot.

I'll agree that someone here is an idiot.

How did that "Habs-friendly power play" you predicted with 16 minutes left in the game turn out? Too bad you weren't holding your breath until it happened--though I doubt oxygen deprivation would have weakened your meager brain any more than it is presently.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What?  Link?

Makes no sense.  What was the infraction?

I agree fletch.  They called it bc he fell on his own face. Who did he interfere with. Everything was text book.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I agree fletch.  They called it bc he fell on his own face. Who did he interfere with. Everything was text book.  

Well, they can't very well suspend the ice now can they.

The league has sponsers to think about: ex. VIA Rail and Air Canada.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If the NHL was bending over for the Habs for decades, wouldn't they have won a Cupsince 1993?  Or at least a draft lottery?

Don't use logic or common sense here....they have no place in hockey discourse.

Gryba got 2 games because there was a massive pool on blood on the ice, and it wouldn't play well with the casual fans/families that the league is trying to attract. If you think the logo Eller or Gryba wears has anything to do with it, you're simply an idiot.

As mentioned earlier, my belief here is that true justice would have been 0 games. But I am not surprised by the decision, given the reality that image is important to the NHL brass.

Respectfully disagree Kennedy.  You think that this is the same 2 games if this is StL vs LA?  That the fact that this is Montreal on Bell Centre ice has zero impact on Shanahan's decision?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What?  Link?

Sorry Shupe but they teach from a different textbook than the one we grew up studying. It's a shame. I'm embarrassed for Shanny. He threw countless hits in his career that had far worse intent than the one he now deems illegal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

What?  Link?

Sorry Shupe but they teach from a different textbook than the one we grew up studying. It's a shame. I'm embarrassed for Shanny. He threw countless hits in his career that had far worse intent than the one he now deems illegal.

Who did he interfere with though dez?  I just argued with my hab buddy for an hour.  If this is the new text book then take open ice hits out of hockey.  He didnt target head, he didnt hit head, he read the play perfectly, stepped up and made contact.  I thought the entire play was fine.  If lars doesnt go out of control and fall on his face is it 5 mins?   The blood and injury caused this.  

andrew ference play deserved 20 if ths was 2.  

Not trying to snap at you if it sounds that way.  either look at that play for what it was and say it was a play that was similar to chara with outcome.  Or eliminate open ice hits.  I see no difference in this and the same result of chara on max.  Unfortunate hockey play.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How do you fall on your own face?

(Caution:  Foul language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peJWxqEVXPY

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow, total overeaction to blood being on the ice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Kennedy - A hit that WAS NOT illegal according to NHL rules not only became a major penalty, but a suspension as well....in the playoffs no less. Shanahan issues a statement that it was a hit to the head, which it clearly wasn't. It was shown in slo-mo from several angles. What replay did he watch? Only in Montreal (against a Canadian) was that a suspendable hit. Shanahan not only bent over to avoid pressure, he then got in front of the camera and lied to everyone. You're right, someone is an idiot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Let the rivalry begin. Prust on McLean "He's already shown enough disrespect," Prust said. "We don't really care about what that bug-eyed, fat walrus has to say."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669080&navid=nhl:topheads

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Kennedy - A hit that WAS NOT illegal according to NHL rules not only became a major penalty, but a suspension as well....in the playoffs no less. Shanahan issues a statement that it was a hit to the head, which it clearly wasn't. It was shown in slo-mo from several angles. What replay did he watch? Only in Montreal (against a Canadian) was that a suspendable hit. Shanahan not only bent over to avoid pressure, he then got in front of the camera and lied to everyone. You're right, someone is an idiot.

I want to know how it's interference when the player hit has the puck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Let the rivalry begin. Prust on McLean "He's already shown enough disrespect," Prust said. "We don't really care about what that bug-eyed, fat walrus has to say."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669080&navid=nhl:topheads

Sorry SanDog -- missed your previous post on the Prust quote.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I would say it's a blind side hit not interference. The call was wrong but I can see how the damage warranted a suspension. Don't agree with it but damage is more important these days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

I would say it's a blind side hit not interference. The call was wrong but I can see how the damage warranted a suspension. Don't agree with it but damage is more important these days.

Then how wasnt chara suspended.  And i dont think chara should have been.  Dont think it should have been a penalty either.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Then how wasnt chara suspended.  And i dont think chara should have been.  Dont think it should have been a penalty either.  

That logic would have also had Chris Neil suspended for breaking Chris Kelly's leg, right?  Injuries happen, can't suspend every time it does.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

That logic would have also had Chris Neil suspended for breaking Chris Kelly's leg, right?  Injuries happen, can't suspend every time it does.

so why on this one?   Neils was more worthy of a suspenion then this.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And crowls i believe chara got a 5 minute interference call didnt he?   I was comparing bc they are more similar.  Not bc i think chara was in the wrong.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

And crowls i believe chara got a 5 minute interference call didnt he?   I was comparing bc they are more similar.  Not bc i think chara was in the wrong.  

Agree with you.  Good point about the major being called on the ice.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nice debate here.  Like Crowls said Shanahan probably got a call from the NHL brass and had to suspend, it looked too violent on the ice .

Funny tonight on my hockey team all the Hab fans saw it as a dirty hit and deserved more . You just cannot converse with them, it's like talking politics and/or religion .   Oh Kennedy why are they not all like you??   Every team has their fanatics I agree but it just gets nasty with the some Hab fans .  I'm talking about my friends, I even agreed due to the situation I was okay with the suspension ,   it was turning out to be a full out arguement. 

It's just too personal over here .  Just like the Chara hit , today felt the same way and stayed away from hockey talk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Not that difficult to see what's going on here, and Kennedy pretty much has it covered.  Debating "the rules" is stupid.  So is some kind of conspiracy.

The hit appeared too violent, and it happened in Montreal.  That's what's driving this.  There was no "targeting",  no proveable "intent", and no "interference".  We have the luxury of watching it over and over before making that conclusion.

The league is "making it up as they go", and they've been doing that for a while now.  The games changing a lot, been changing for many years now, but the league doesn't have the brains, or the courage to deal with it.

It absolutely sickens me...that my favorite sport, has the flimsiest, stupidest rules package on the planet.  It demeans the product, the players, and most of all, the dumb sh!ts that follow closely. 

Regardless who's involved, every time I see this propaganda machine miss the mark, a piece of my passion goes out the window.  It's an absolute embarassement to the informed.

The rules need to be updated.  We're 15 years behind the strength, and pace of the game.  Referee's don't have a flucking clue because plenty of the rules don't make any sense, and every suit in the boardroom is in on their job.  Couple that with the age old lunacy of "justice based on the score".......and why should anyone expect things to play out any differently?

We hear the term "respect the game" plenty.  It's obvious, those with the most skin in it....have damn little.    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's a bit dramatic, stevegm.  You make it seem like the Habs got awarded five first round picks and $10,000,000 of your money.

Gryba got suspended two games for a violent hit.  I don't think the basis of the game is eroding because of this suspension.  Don't forget:  If you really hate the NHL's version of hockey as much as you seem to, there are always other choices.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Heres what bothers me, if that had of been alfreddson that gave the hit, would it had been a suspension ? Or take it firther, lets say a crosby that made a hit like that, then what .

The truth is Gryba is really an unknown and you can bet that factored in on the decision, simply put, there thinking is likely there not missing much by losing him for 2 games, Totally lame i know but how else can they justify there decision

Sections
Shortcuts