Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.)

Not for lack of Savard putting passes on Horton's stick me thinks Ipot. Horton's numbers aren't surprising as he is taking to long to get his shots off (remind you of anyone ?) and the shots are going straight to the emblem (even more reminiscent of someone else).

Lucic didn't get a shot off in the Atlanta that cannot happen ever with the amount of ice time. What I have noticed with both players is they cannot just stand there with their sticks half cocked like Glen Murray's last year in Boston (before he got bought out). They can't just wait for Savard or Krejci to do all the work they must create their own space.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

San Dog,
    Are you watching the same players that I am? You assert that they are just standing with their sticks "half cocked"?...posing? This only happens when they are in the high slot waiting for a pass from the corner or from behind the net. Otherwise, these guys are banging...especially Lucic. Shots are rarely going to the emblem...if anything, they are missing just wide or over the top of the cage...trying to pick their spots. Shots to the emblem or pads  are shots intended to create rebounds...
    Ridiculous commentary...
    Doc
    In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.):
    Not for lack of Savard putting passes on Horton's stick me thinks Ipot. Horton's numbers aren't surprising as he is taking to long to get his shots off (remind you of anyone ?) and the shots are going straight to the emblem (even more reminiscent of someone else). Lucic didn't get a shot off in the Atlanta that cannot happen ever with the amount of ice time. What I have noticed with both players is they cannot just stand there with their sticks half cocked like Glen Murray's last year in Boston (before he got bought out). They can't just wait for Savard or Krejci to do all the work they must create their own space.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS 4
    ;;;Eilas Sports Bureau confirms that tonite marks the first time in club history 4 difft B's defenseman have scored a goal in the same game ^BB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

The number of games in a row the B's lose in the playoffs under Clod's masterfull coaching?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

San Dog, Are you watching the same players that I am? You assert that they are just standing with their sticks "half cocked"?...posing? This only happens when they are in the high slot waiting for a pass from the corner or from behind the net. Otherwise, these guys are banging...especially Lucic. Shots are rarely going to the emblem...if anything, they are missing just wide or over the top of the cage...trying to pick their spots. Shots to the emblem or pads  are shots intended to create rebounds... Ridiculous commentary... Doc In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) :
    Posted by TomOBrien

I agree with you Doc.Lucic is still getting in on the forecheck  and Horton is still skating an creating chances even though,right now,they aren't going in.I would be worried if it looked like they weren't trying and I expect the goals will return for both players  soon enough.The Leafs will usually cure any offensive woes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.):
    The number of points Lucic and Horton have COMBINED in the last 10 games.
    Posted by ipot

The number of posts(out of 2700) in which you've said something positive?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The call that Bruin players will shout out on the Golf Course when my Habs eliminate them from post-season play AGAIN this spring ??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) : I agree with you Doc.Lucic is still getting in on the forecheck  and Horton is still skating an creating chances even though,right now,they aren't going in.I would be worried if it looked like they weren't trying and I expect the goals will return for both players  soon enough.The Leafs will usually cure any offensive woes.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Leafs will cure any offensive woes! are we talking about the Bruins vs the the Leafs........did you watch the last game between these two.....if not for the incredible circus  save after incredible circus save by Tim Thomas....we would have gotten embarrassed. I hope you and the Bruins don't think they can stroll into the ACC and just throw their sticks on the ice and blow the Leafs away......you could be in for a disappointing night!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

My guess was the number of minutes Seguin get to impress clod each game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) : Leafs will cure any offensive woes! are we talking about the Bruins vs the the Leafs........did you watch the last game between these two.....if not for the incredible circus  save after incredible circus save by Tim Thomas....we would have gotten embarrassed. I hope you and the Bruins don't think they can stroll into the ACC and just throw their sticks on the ice and blow the Leafs away......you could be in for a disappointing night!
    Posted by Beezfan4life

I believe Boston's record is pretty decent against the Leafs since the trade.I don't expect them to waltz through it but I certainly expect a win.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) : Guess you're not reading my posts.   You obviously can't tell the difference between "negative" and "assessment"  Negative is: Lucic and Horton s**k!   I didn't say above, nor did I even insinuate it: I'm making an a). observation and b). suggesting what I think is wrong. You then - by your logic - must call the  the whole Bs team and staff "negative" every time they say to a man that they didn't play 60 minutes of hockey or need a better effort.  I guess that qualifies as "negative" in your book, too. Which, thereby, would have you banned from the team facilities for YOU being too negative.  See how your slippery slope fallacy has sent you down a chute to the bottom of the ravine?  Learn the difference between the connotative and denotative in semiotics which provides the tools for dialectical assessments in our reality (but that's another topic). Just root for the Bs to become a better team.  Like ALL OF US do.   I think we can agree on that.    Peace, fellow fan. Life's too short for you to be a hater.
    Posted by ipot

I'm no hater and didn't use the word negative.I just think it's easy for all of us to point out the problems.Suggesting solutions is the tricky part.I agree we'd all like to see improvement and mostly all of us are true Bruins fans.It would seem you've read quite a bit into my accusing you of having nothing positive to say.Who's the oversensitive one here?Interesting reply though.Cheers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) : I believe Boston's record is pretty decent against the Leafs since the trade.I don't expect them to waltz through it but I certainly expect a win.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I know their record vs the Leafs is quite good, and I do hope they win,but just because it's Leafs dosen't mean the Bruins are going to score a pile of goals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

San Dog, Are you watching the same players that I am? You assert that they are just standing with their sticks "half cocked"?...posing? This only happens when they are in the high slot waiting for a pass from the corner or from behind the net. Otherwise, these guys are banging...especially Lucic. Shots are rarely going to the emblem...if anything, they are missing just wide or over the top of the cage...trying to pick their spots. Shots to the emblem or pads  are shots intended to create rebounds... Ridiculous commentary... Doc In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) :Posted by TomOBrien

Now that is ridiculous "Shots to the emblem are intended to create rebounds" Ha Ha please change your name to "Glen Murray". I should stop typing now after reading that but I can't cause I just think you need to flush out your head gear.

There is now way you are watching the same games as me if you think Horton and Lucic's games are just fine. Milan and Nathan have not been scoring because they haven't been doing any effective forechecking Savard has on that line though. I can't remember when the last time Horton nor Lucic stole the puck from any defender in the offensive zone but Savard has picked many a pocket.

It must be allot of fun for your beer league teammates to watch you practice Ha Ha "hitting the emblem!" You probably work on it don't you ? rich very rich...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) : Now that is ridiculous "Shots to the emblem are intended to create rebounds" Ha Ha please change your name to "Glen Murray". I should stop typing now after reading that but I can't cause I just think you need to flush out your head gear. There is now way you are watching the same games as me if you think Horton and Lucic's games are just fine. Milan and Nathan have not been scoring because they haven't been doing any effective forechecking Savard has on that line though. I can't remember when the last time Horton nor Lucic stole the puck from any defender in the offensive zone but Savard has picked many a pocket. It must be allot of fun for your beer league teammates to watch you practice Ha Ha "hitting the emblem!" You probably work on it don't you ? rich very rich...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Wow SDog.Saying Lucic and Horton are underperforming is one thing but to try and point to Savard's play on the line as being a positive......that's rich.Do you suppose the decline in production has anything to do with the line's new center?The line was getting results with both DK and bergeron as the center.I agree savard has shown flashes but his game is a long ways off.Has he pickpocketed anywhere near as many as he's given away with no-look passes to no one?I think the line will be fine but it all starts with Savard's game getting back to normal.His new move(one-handed stick swing)to try to create turnovers isn't getting results other than slashing penalties.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

San Dog, Are you watching the same players that I am? You assert that they are just standing with their sticks "half cocked"?...posing? This only happens when they are in the high slot waiting for a pass from the corner or from behind the net. Otherwise, these guys are banging...especially Lucic. Shots are rarely going to the emblem...if anything, they are missing just wide or over the top of the cage...trying to pick their spots. Shots to the emblem or pads  are shots intended to create rebounds... Ridiculous commentary... Doc In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) :
    Posted by TomOBrien

Lucic is just too slow and little clumsy at times. Last year there was the injury excuse. Now, he just needs to get with the program and produce like he is capable of.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) : Lucic is just too slow and little clumsy at times. Last year there was the injury excuse. Now, he just needs to get with the program and produce like he is capable of.
    Posted by Bruin1972

How many goals did you have Lucic pencilled in for?He's one of the few Bruins that's scoring at a pace that most of us had hoped for.30G and 60pts would be fine for Lucic as long as he plays physical.Anything beyond that is gravy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) : Wow SDog.Saying Lucic and Horton are underperforming is one thing but to try and point to Savard's play on the line as being a positive......that's rich.Do you suppose the decline in production has anything to do with the line's new center?The line was getting results with both DK and bergeron as the center.Posted by dezaruchi

Don't let any stats get in your way DZ Horton and Lucic weren't scoring with Krejci either the last 5-7 games they were together that's why Julien put David back with Ryder and Wheeler which has worked out well.

Milan and Nathan aren't scoring with either center so their numbers haven't dropped they are just staying the same. You mentioning Bergeron tells me you are watching as closely as Tom even richer.

Guess will have to agree to disagree.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.) : Don't let any stats get in your way DZ Horton and Lucic weren't scoring with Krejci either the last 5-7 games they were together that's why Julien put David back with Ryder and Wheeler which has worked out well. Milan and Nathan aren't scoring with either center so their numbers haven't dropped they are just staying the same. You mentioning Bergeron tells me you are watching as closely as Tom even richer. Guess will have to agree to disagree.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Didn't Bergeron score at a point per game pace when he centered them?I don't know why my mentioning Bergeron is so rich.He's been Boston's most consistent forward even if he hasn't been their best(which I think he has).I'm sure we'll disagree again .Cheers and HNY SDog.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Sorry, "fore" is actually what the Bruin players will say this Spring on the Golf course after they are eliminated again from the post-season.

My bad !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Sorry, "fore" is actually what the Bruin players will say this Spring on the Golf course after they are eliminated again from the post-season. My bad !
    Posted by RMiller87
    4 would be how many games it took the bruins to eliminate your habs on there 100th anniversary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Guess what 6 is?   It is the number of points that the B's have (out of 8) on this ROAD trip.  The goals will come. Last night wasn't pretty, but the team has been successfull.  I'm happy they are spreading it around, and that Tyler got his 2 point game...

Go B's!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Guess what 6 is?   It is the number of points that the B's have (out of 8) on this ROAD trip.  The goals will come. Last night wasn't pretty, but the team has been successfull.  I'm happy they are spreading it around, and that Tyler got his 2 point game... Go B's!!!
    Posted by fordprefect
    Thank you we seem to be in the minority that appreciate that.
    I think it was dog that said no one cares how you got your wins, just how many points do you have.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Guess what "4" is? (No, not Orr.):
    The number of points Lucic and Horton have COMBINED in the last 10 games.
    Posted by ipot

10 games?  Is that how long Savard has been centering them?

Sections
Shortcuts