Guy fired. Who replaces him? Ruff?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Guy fired. Who replaces him? Ruff?

Really surprised Guy got the axe.  Thought he was a fresh new mind.   Maybe stampkos doesnt have to play that ugly trap they had.   

My prediction.  They sign Ruff and trade for Miller.  Write that down.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Guy fired. Who replaces him? Ruff?

He got hosed.  Lindback as a starting goalie shouldn't cost anyone a job.  Lecavalier, Malone and Pouliot (a Top 6 in Tampa but was a third liner in Boston) all are out.  Keith Aulie and PC Labrie on the roster.

What did Yzerman expect?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow it too long enough for someone to start a thread !

I'm surprised as well and thought he would get some slack with the team he has .

The professor is gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=661819&navid=nhl:topheads

"Among the rumored replacements are former Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff, who Yzerman hired as an assistant coach for Canada's 2010 Olympic team, and Jon Cooper, who won an American Hockey League championship with the Norfolk Admirals, Lightning's affiliate last season, and has their affiliate this season, the Syracuse Crunch, atop the league standings"

There seems to be ties there Shup. Wonder if Boucher will be shunned by the Q if he tries to re-enter or they have forgiven him for bringing the 1-3-1 to that league ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Getting fired is tough. I hope he isn't scarred for life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Getting fired is tough. I hope he isn't scarred for life.

With nightly appearences Kelv will be headLining all week, great one!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Anyone remember this whopper from him on Yannick Riendeau?

"He’s incredible, for me it’s been ten years in this league for me; I’ve coached (Mike) Ribeiro, (Derek) Brassard, and (Sidney) Crosby. He’s the second best total package behind Crosby,” said Guy Boucher.

http://mainehockeyjournal.com/2008/11/09/yannick-riendeau-was-the-man/

That quote alone should get someone fired.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If I'm John Torterella, I'm dreading that next shoe falling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Anyone remember this whopper from him on Yannick Riendeau?

"He’s incredible, for me it’s been ten years in this league for me; I’ve coached (Mike) Ribeiro, (Derek) Brassard, and (Sidney) Crosby. He’s the second best total package behind Crosby,” said Guy Boucher.

http://mainehockeyjournal.com/2008/11/09/yannick-riendeau-was-the-man/

That quote alone should get someone fired.

This will be a great read for BadHab, he likes reads on wonderful skaters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Doesn't surprise me. When a GM fails to provide depth or proper goaltending for a team, someone has to go and he isn't going to fire himself.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Can Julien be far behind?

Should Julien be far behind?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I was wondering that also. I like him, just wish he would be more concerned with scoring goals rather than giving them up. Nothing wrong with still trying to score when your up in a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was wondering that also. I like him, just wish he would be more concerned with scoring goals rather than giving them up. Nothing wrong with still trying to score when your up in a game.

I see a team that isn't trying and a coach that won't do what needs to be done.  Look how long it took to scratch Peverley.  On another team, Lucic would be demoted, have his shifts reduced or watch from high above.  Julien is too close with the players (is my guess) so he "can't do that to that guy".

Enough.  Do what needs to be done.  This is why coaches get the gate after a few years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Nope best coach we've had here in a long time, he's going no where.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Doesn't surprise me. When a GM fails to provide depth or proper goaltending for a team, someone has to go and he isn't going to fire himself.....

True.  Yet it's amazing how fast a coach can go from the penthouse to the curb in this regard.  Wasn't that long ago the word used to describe him was genius during the second half of Tampa's 2011 season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

When he goes, look for Oates to replace him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Really surprised Guy got the axe.  Thought he was a fresh new mind.   Maybe stampkos doesnt have to play that ugly trap they had.   

I agree

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah the power play now has CJ job on the line.  Should it be "what's his name"?  Geoff.  After all where has the power play been the last three years without Savard?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I say Ron Wilson, veteran lineup, would be right down his alley.Also nobody cares about the Lightning so it would be ideal for him. One beat reporter to deal with who Wilson could tell how great a coach he is and no heat other than the sun from the fanbase, perfect fit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Oh and they would sign Vesa Toskala.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I see a team that isn't trying and a coach that won't do what needs to be done.  Look how long it took to scratch Peverley.  On another team, Lucic would be demoted, have his shifts reduced or watch from high above.  Julien is too close with the players (is my guess) so he "can't do that to that guy".

Enough.  Do what needs to be done.  This is why coaches get the gate after a few years.

And yet all that happened today. Now what?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I wonder what the ballwashers like Pierre McGuire and also K. Dupont are thinking now . They were singing the praises on how good Boucher was and the lesson he was going to give the Bruins .  Dupont went as far thinking the Bruins would not get past Tampa.

Funny because Julien is now the Bruins coach with the 2nd most wins and did something that was missing for more than 30 years in Boston therefore Dupont and McQuire can suck it !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I really hate you sometimes. lol, why do you always only comment on the stuff I write you don't agree with, but you don't on the stuff that I hint that we maybe thinking along the same page?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to jmwalters's comment:

True.  Yet it's amazing how fast a coach can go from the penthouse to the curb in this regard.  Wasn't that long ago the word used to describe him was genius during the second half of Tampa's 2011 season. 

Still might be a genius RHO.. Problem was he had a GM in way over his head ...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I wonder what the ballwashers like Pierre McGuire and also K. Dupont are thinking now . They were singing the praises on how good Boucher was and the lesson he was going to give the Bruins .  Dupont went as far thinking the Bruins would not get past Tampa.

Funny because Julien is now the Bruins coach with the 2nd most wins and did something that was missing for more than 30 years in Boston therefore Dupont and McQuire can suck it !

One shot away and with a very weak lineup outside the two mega studs.  I think he resurfaces quickly.  I still like him as a coach.  I think Guy Smiley could have CJs record with that club.  

Sections
Shortcuts