Guys You Would Hate To See Leave

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Guys You Would Hate To See Leave

Beyond the love for the team itself, there are certain players that just make the team so much more enjoyable to watch and to be a fan of overall.  Who would you hate to see go?  The return on the trade being irrelevant, and the importance to success also irrelevant, which players would you most hate to see in another team's jersey?  Who makes this current edition so much fun to watch?

For me:

Chara

Bergeron

Lucic

Marchand (honestly!)

McQuaid

To me, these five guys are why I am so gassed up about the B's right now.  If any of them left, even if the return were for equal value or better, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Surprisingly, Seguin doesn't make my list.  He hasn't really been the "can't wait to see his next shift" type of player that I thought he would be.  His game and his personality (Dunkin Donuts commercials!) don't make me think "Boston Bruins Hockey".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Re: Guys You Would Hate To See Leave

I thought you didn't like McQuaid. I agree with the list but Doug Hamilton is close too making it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Chara - Rask - Bergeron - Seguin - Marchand - Krejci

Everyone else can go for the right price!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I wholeheartedly agree with all of your choices and would add Seidenberg and Boychuk for the way they play the game. Game in and game out they give it their all and although they are not perfect i just like the way they play hard every night and don't take too many shifts off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Good post NAS. Shocked by your choices.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Chara - Rask - Bergeron - Seguin - Marchand - Lucic

Lucic and Chara especially. I shudder to think the B's having to play against them.

Agree with BFJ. Everyone else can go....some faster than others hopefully.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

heyoo

Stanley 

bim

I feel smarter when they're around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Ryder

Wheeler

Wideman

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

heyoo

Stanley 

bim

Har har.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Seidenberg is not exciting to watch but the type of guy only when gone will we realize how important he was to the team. Boychuk is close.

Tim Thomas would have been on my list if he didn't lose his mind.

Other than that your list are on my list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Since the Cup win I've been a big Paille fan... so I guess I'd have to include him too (but for the right price I wouldn't feel so bad!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Seidenberg is not exciting to watch but the type of guy only when gone will we realize how important he was to the team.

Tim Thomas would have been on my list if he didn't lose his mind.

Good one, ha ha.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I wholeheartedly agree with all of your choices and would add Seidenberg and Boychuk for the way they play the game. Game in and game out they give it their all and although they are not perfect i just like the way they play hard every night and don't take too many shifts off.

I almost listed Boychuck.  When thinking about this thread, I was thinking of hearing about a trade and how I would react.  I remember when they traded Thornton.  My reaction was, "Awesome. Who did they get?"  When Oates got moved, my first thought was, "Damn.  That sucks." 

If Boychuk were traded, I don't think I'd be too bent.  I am a fan of his game, of course, but I don't think it would ruin my day.  If Ceddy, Fat, or the other three I listed were moved, I would have a hard time watching the next game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

heyoo

Stanley 

bim

LMAO ! I'm glad your wife listened to me and gave you the laptop

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Thornton, Ference, Krejci, Bergy, Marchand, Seguin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Did you say Thorton just to provoke NAS?

(Bravo.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

heyoo

Stanley 

bim

LMAO ! I'm glad your wife listened to me and gave you the laptop

She's currently puking.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Tuuka

Bergeron

Seguin

Marchand

Lucic--I'd hate to see him leave but would love for him to show up. 4 goals so far isnt cutting it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree, Kel.  That goal total is a joke.  I'm don't know what the deal is with him, but I would still hate to see him on any other team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Did you say Thorton just to provoke NAS?

(Bravo.)

Come on, BFNJ.  Consider that source!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Tuuka

Bergeron

Seguin

Marchand

Lucic--I'd hate to see him leave but would love for him to show up. 4 goals so far isnt cutting it.

My question is why is he not engaged physically every game from the start like he was against th Caps ???  Ses the tone and the other team becomes a turnover machine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I almost listed Boychuck.  When thinking about this thread, I was thinking of hearing about a trade and how I would react.  I remember when they traded Thornton.  My reaction was, "Awesome. Who did they get?"  When Oates got moved, my first thought was, "Damn.  That sucks." 

If Boychuk were traded, I don't think I'd be too bent.  I am a fan of his game, of course, but I don't think it would ruin my day.  If Ceddy, Fat, or the other three I listed were moved, I would have a hard time watching the next game.

my reaction was "awesome, who'd they get? wait really? and what, two or three first rounders? wait really?"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Bergeron

Lucic

Chara

Seguin

Seidenberg

Hamilton

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good to see someone list Seidenberg, he's gotta be on there for me.  Not that he's "Mr. Bruin" or something, but he does so many things well that I think we'd really miss him. I watched one of the Cup games vs. Vancouver again recently and was reminded how he owned the Sedins, just as much as Chara.  The guy hardly ever makes mistakes, considering his ice time and top line matchups. 

But yeah, Chara and Bergeron have got to be 1-2 on this list.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Chara alias Cedfano

Bergeron

Seguin

Lucic

Marchand

In order of importance, Lucic is dropping and Rask dropped out of the top five.  McQuaid is a personal favorite in that he uses the most of his talent.  Seidenberg needs less TOI, his game suffers when he playing over 20.  Marchand's game has evolved into something special, teamed with Seguin and Bergeron.  I like Horton as well, the team just does better when he is on the ice.  His stats are in line with Lucic.  Without Chara, the team would not be a contender, period.  

Sections
Shortcuts