Guys You Would Hate To See Leave

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Guys You Would Hate To See Leave

Lucic was indispencible; Fat Lucic is still almost indispensible.

What's the next version...?

Chubby Checker?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Bergeron

Marchand

Seguin

Hamilton

Krejci

Boychuk

Rask

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

in no particular order......Lucic, Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand, Chara.

Seguin gets the nod from me because of his potential. Too early to tell yet whether he's going to turn into the franchise player so many think he will be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Bergeron

Chara

Lucic

Marchand

Seguin

Hamilton

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Krejci

Bergeron

Chara

2011 Seidenberg

Marchand

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

Hamilton, Bergeron and Marchand.

But as a typical Bruins fan, that list would change daily.

Who puts Looch up if he scores a hat trick last night?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

PC, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Hamilton Lucic

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

For me it's who I wouldn't hate to see leave.  

Horton

Entire 3rd and 4th lines.

Boychuk, Ference, McQuaid, Johnson, MacDermid

Marchand is my favorite Bruin to watch!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Bergy, I would hate to see leave the B's. The kid has been here forever and he really is the heart of this team. Best 2 way center in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I wholeheartedly agree with all of your choices and would add Seidenberg and Boychuk for the way they play the game. Game in and game out they give it their all and although they are not perfect i just like the way they play hard every night and don't take too many shifts off.

I almost listed Boychuck.  When thinking about this thread, I was thinking of hearing about a trade and how I would react.  I remember when they traded Thornton.  My reaction was, "Awesome. Who did they get?"  When Oates got moved, my first thought was, "Damn.  That sucks." 

If Boychuk were traded, I don't think I'd be too bent.  I am a fan of his game, of course, but I don't think it would ruin my day.  If Ceddy, Fat, or the other three I listed were moved, I would have a hard time watching the next game.

Yeah..I find myself in ageement with most of this.  I wouldn't include Seguin at this point either.  Would add Seidenberg.  To me, he typifies the brand.  Hard working, honest player, who consistently out-performs his God given talent.  Always been a big fan of Bruins cut from that cloth.

Was disgusted with the Jumbo deal though.  Only because it appearred to me....we got hosed.  Big one for me though, was the Esposito deal.  Was conditioned to hate all things Ranger, and Brad Park was at the top of the list. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Indispensable: Chara and Bergeron

Bummed but would get over it: Marchand, Seidenberg, Kelly, Krejci, Campbell. Rask, Hamilton, Seguin.

Yes, I said Kelly and Campbell. Solid pros who keep their mouths shut and try and play the game the right way.

Surprising to me that Lucic, McQuaid, and Ference don't make my grade. Seguin almost didn't make the grade either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

seo I missed your "Indispensible" category and was about to say how could you not have Cedfano and Bergeron on there?

For me its:

Bergeron, Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Paille, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, Seguin, Hamilton, Rask, Campbell, Thornton (even if he's 13th forward, I'd still want him around the locker room and to be honest, I don't know of a good 4th line replacement already in place).

I'd be a little bummed if we lost Horton, Kelly, Peverley, Spooner (too soon?)

For prospects I'd be bummed if we gave up Koko, Camara, and Subban. I'd be ok if we got a solid player in return though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Absolutely inconceivable to me that anyone doesn't have Lucic on there.  When he's on his game, he's unique; when he's not, he's still a load for other team's top lines and D-pairings.  Every time he's on the ice, there's a chance he'll get that freight train rolling down the wing and either dump and cruch or make a nice pass that ends up in a goal.  He just creates so much space.  When he's struggling, it doesn't happen often enough for my liking and I suspect that's th reason people aren't listing him - which is a paradox to me.  Love what he can do and how he can affect the game so much that when he's slumping, you lose interest in him.

Cedfano.  Fat.  Bergeron.  Marchand.  Ruin the rest of the year if they were dealt.  If they chose to leave, well, that's always another story.

Seguin, Hamilton - I would hate it because I've seen enough to know that the next tier is attainable, and it would be very very disappointing for them to get there with another jersey on. 

Krejci, McQuaid, Seidenberg - Some guy have that extra gear that isn't a sign of dogging it at other times - it's just being able to rise to the moment.  Krejci did that two years ago, and he's become a much better goal-scorer since.  I think that when the chips are down, he's a guy that will find a way.  Same with Seidenberg.  You need to assign a guy to play 40min against Crosby and Malkin?  Somehow, this guy finds a way.  McQuaid's partly here and partly in the Seguin/Hamilton logic.  I can see a McSorley path for him - bruiser who just gets more and more reliable as a player until he finds he has more offensive skill than he thought and suddenly puts up some points.  He's getting the shots already.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Bergeron

Chara

Lucic

Marchand

Seguin

McQuaid

Hamilton

Rask

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Bergeron

Chara

Lucic

Marchand

Seguin

McQuaid

Hamilton

Rask

Im down with list.   Lucic is very much on the edge though.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Beyond the love for the team itself, there are certain players that just make the team so much more enjoyable to watch and to be a fan of overall.  Who would you hate to see go?  The return on the trade being irrelevant, and the importance to success also irrelevant, which players would you most hate to see in another team's jersey?  Who makes this current edition so much fun to watch?

For me:

Chara

Bergeron

Lucic

Marchand (honestly!)

McQuaid

To me, these five guys are why I am so gassed up about the B's right now.  If any of them left, even if the return were for equal value or better, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Surprisingly, Seguin doesn't make my list.  He hasn't really been the "can't wait to see his next shift" type of player that I thought he would be.  His game and his personality (Dunkin Donuts commercials!) don't make me think "Boston Bruins Hockey".

I agree with NAS's list but would add Seidenberg.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

If a deal comes along that makes the Bruins definitely better, I don't care who they trade.

I'll be saddened for a while, but it won't last long.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Bergeron, Chara, Lucic, Marchand, Seguin, McQuaid, Hamilton, Rask, Sieds, Krejci

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Bergeron

Chara

Lucic

Marchand

Seguin

McQuaid

Hamilton

Rask

Im actually taking Rask off the list.  I am a fan, but not as much of a fan as the other players listed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Im actually taking Rask off the list.  I am a fan, but not as much of a fan as the other players listed.

Some of these guys have a personal style that makes them very endearing to Bruins fans.  Lucic is a good example.

That's what is tricky about Rask though.  I want a goalie as good as Rask, but I don't care if its him or somebody else.  The Bruins just need a top flight goalie.  Rask is one, so you don't want to lose him.  

But with Chara, Bergeron, or Lucic, you're just not sure if you can even find that package in other players around the league.  They seem indispensible to the Bruins because of their skills and the way they play the game.  As far as Rask, I don't care about his personality, style, or intangibles -- the only thing that is indispensible is someone who can consistently make .920%+ of their saves.*

*(Shut it Stanley).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Well said Fletch.  I do love Rask, but there are only so many Fats, Cedfanos, and Bagerons out there.  Gotta hold onto those players that fit the bruins mold.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

ZEE- Why he doesn't get mentioned as a Hart Trophy finalist every season is beyond me. If this team lost him for any length of time they'd be in a lot of trouble. 

BERGERON- Next to Dats he's the best two-way guy in the league

RASK- Anyone not named Lundqvist, or Rinne I think anyone else that's tops in the league is   a wash & I mean Quick & Price. I'm happy having one of the top 5 in the league & he's gonna get better.

MARCHAND- Love this little fawker's game when he plays it the right way.

LUCIC- Mental, or Physical lapse aside- He's as close as I'll ever see to my favourite of all time in Neely. He's not a Neely & he never will be, but he's a definitive Bruin all the way

MCQUAID- When this guy fights he reminds me of Ken Belanger. Fights with anger, passion & grits his teeth. A Bruin right to the bone!

SIENDS- This guy will be missed when he leaves. I hope he ends his career as Bruin.

THOR...NO JUST KIDDING

CAMPBELL- Plays his ash off every night. Not highly skilled, but gets the job done, knows his role & doesn't try to play beyond his means. A real yo'men that plays with sandpaper.

PAILLE- He adds speed to a 4th line that few in the league can match if he could only find that 19goal scoring touch he had he'd be golden!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

By far the one player i would hate to see leave would be Bergeron we are lucky to have him on the bruins just to be able to watch the way he plays the game night in and night out is a treat. To me he is the most valubale player on this team. I think that Seguin is trying to model his game after Bergy with his 2 way play. He just needs to be more consistent hopefully that will come as he gets older. After that Lucic, Marchand, Seguin, Chara, Hamilton who should get a lot more time on the PP. Chara moves the puck to slow to be on the PP.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

From - Hate the most to least

Bergeron

Chara

Marchand

Lucic

Seguin

Hamilton

Tuukka

Krejic

Seids

Paille

I added Paille in there because I think the return would be low and think he's a solid all around player (minus his shot but that's been going in so...).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Absolutely inconceivable to me that anyone doesn't have Lucic on there.  When he's on his game, he's unique; when he's not, he's still a load for other team's top lines and D-pairings.  Every time he's on the ice, there's a chance he'll get that freight train rolling down the wing and either dump and cruch or make a nice pass that ends up in a goal.  He just creates so much space.  When he's struggling, it doesn't happen often enough for my liking and I suspect that's th reason people aren't listing him - which is a paradox to me.  Love what he can do and how he can affect the game so much that when he's slumping, you lose interest in him.

Cedfano.  Fat.  Bergeron.  Marchand.  Ruin the rest of the year if they were dealt.  If they chose to leave, well, that's always another story.

Seguin, Hamilton - I would hate it because I've seen enough to know that the next tier is attainable, and it would be very very disappointing for them to get there with another jersey on. 

Krejci, McQuaid, Seidenberg - Some guy have that extra gear that isn't a sign of dogging it at other times - it's just being able to rise to the moment.  Krejci did that two years ago, and he's become a much better goal-scorer since.  I think that when the chips are down, he's a guy that will find a way.  Same with Seidenberg.  You need to assign a guy to play 40min against Crosby and Malkin?  Somehow, this guy finds a way.  McQuaid's partly here and partly in the Seguin/Hamilton logic.  I can see a McSorley path for him - bruiser who just gets more and more reliable as a player until he finds he has more offensive skill than he thought and suddenly puts up some points.  He's getting the shots already.

Inconsistent.  High Cap hit.  Loses focus.  Its not that I want him to go, its just that I wanted to limit my list to 5 and he doesnt make the cut.

A hobbled Krejci worked circles around him last night.