Guys You Would *LOVE* To See Leave

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Guys You Would *LOVE* To See Leave

One more note on my "Fire Svennson" campaign - if you leave out Krejci and Axelsson (and I think you can classify both those under "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while") the Bruins have drafted 47 other European amateurs since he took over that scouting department. Counting only picks prior to 2008, then it's 44 other picks. Those 44 picks have combined for 582 games played for the Bruins and 108 points - that includes four first rounders.

How is it possible that someone who has only drafted 2 bonafide NHLers (and one of them is PJ, a 7th round fluke) in 20 years on the job, is still employed?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

That's why I didn't count Samsonov Book - didn't realize they drafted Karsums after he came over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:

One more note on my "Fire Svennso" campaign - if you leave out Krejci and Axelsson (and I think you can classify both those under "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while") the Bruins have drafted 47 other European amateurs since he took over that scouting department. Counting only picks prior to 2008, then it's 44 other picks. Those 44 picks have combined for 582 games played for the Bruins and 108 points - that includes four first rounders.

How is it possible that someone who has only drafted 2 bonafide NHLers (and one of them is PJ, a 7th round fluke) in 20 years on the job, is still employed?

I think this wouldn't be a bad story for the globe (or someone), tell us the who how and why of their euro scouting

credit for soderberg?  did they scout him or did they just take a flier since Hannu wasn't working out so well?  and how about convincing Soderberg to come over here, he should have taken that upon himself.

And did he have anything to do with obtaining Rask?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thornton & Peverley

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

I'm on board with Ference. Just not thera this year. Pevs would be my other vote. That whole third line needs work. I still refuse to acknowledge pandolfo. Horton if the price is right. This team needs to start being held accountable. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I dont think anyone.  ST sits unless fellow clown is dressed.  He hasnt been doing his job lately however.  

I sometimes feel like I could see Ference go when he turns into black spidey. He's better off as plain old Peter Parker.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

No way the Bruins give up Subban - and certanly not for a trade deadline rental?! - He's the goods. For those who have lived through all the Bruins goalies since, say Andy Moog, with the good blip of Andrew Raycroft's rookie season, know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with having NHL Top 5 goaltending. To have Rask/Khudobin and Malcolm Subban in the wings, sets up the foundation for a very solid, if winning, Bruins defence for the next ten years.

Trading Subban would haunt bigtime.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Pandawful, Caron, and, yes, Horton.  

I don't want to hear about Horton's heroics in 2011 cuz Ryder pulled some too in that run to the Cup, and he's no longer on the Bs.

Once & made a save. Horton- 3x 2 in O.T. I'd like to see him in another play-off before he goes. If he doesn't do much,  then send him packing on July, 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ipot, I think Ryder left because he was a free agent and he got paid. Horton was still Bruins property so he stayed. Hard to say if PC resigns him again at this point. He's really had his ups and downs recently. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

'send him packing on July 1st'

for nothing in return.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Boychuk....  never seen a d-man fan on clearing attempts as often as this guy....  also has a knack for totally missing the net when taking a shot on goal....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup, looking at the 2000 draft picks at #7 and #27.  Swedes lost in the weeds.  Sven Svennson does need to go based on that year alone.  

One more note on my "Fire Svennson" campaign - if you leave out Krejci and Axelsson (and I think you can classify both those under "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while") the Bruins have drafted 47 other European amateurs since he took over that scouting department. Counting only picks prior to 2008, then it's 44 other picks. Those 44 picks have combined for 582 games played for the Bruins and 108 points - that includes four first rounders.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i have a feeling that ference is a really good locker room guy, despite the whole paille incident. NHL teams value that more than most think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i have a feeling that ference is a really good locker room guy, despite the whole paille incident. NHL teams value that more than most think.

How many of those do you need though.  If you cant play the game anymore or ever in ST case its time to replace them.  Bearly everyone on this team has won.  We have one of the best captains in the game.  We also have numerous leaders like bergie and seidz.  

AF is a ufa.  Hes played terrible.  Sure wish we would add a depth dman like ive been yapping since day one.  Boychuk and McQ out.  AF stinks.  Lets exhaust seidz and chara before the playoffs.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Boychuk....  never seen a d-man fan on clearing attempts as often as this guy....  also has a knack for totally missing the net when taking a shot on goal....

Tell that to Krejci.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Although i will admit Johnny B does miss the net alot, other than that i really like his game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Although i will admit Johnny B does miss the net alot, other than that i really like his game.

Seems to hit it more than Ference. Or at least tries. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Stanleycuptothebruins2011

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

Stanleycuptothebruins2011

Good one, Loyal.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to originalcallodthedom's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Seems to hit it more than Ference. Or at least tries. 

http://youtu.be/cOuiRgUVwQo

http://youtu.be/aGSG07Fqvss

That he does Callo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Hard to really respond to the post, because it's not "who would you want to trade". There are many players out there I'd rather see on this team than some of the guys they have, but that's not the question. The question is who we'd be excited to leave for no other reason than we don't like their play at all.

Other than Pandolfo, there isn't anyone on this team that I would LOVE to see go when not accounting for the return. I don't look at anyone else and feel they absolutely, under all situations, would be better off without. None of them are difficult to root for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

One more note on my "Fire Svennso" campaign - if you leave out Krejci and Axelsson (and I think you can classify both those under "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while") the Bruins have drafted 47 other European amateurs since he took over that scouting department. Counting only picks prior to 2008, then it's 44 other picks. Those 44 picks have combined for 582 games played for the Bruins and 108 points - that includes four first rounders.

I think this wouldn't be a bad story for the globe (or someone), tell us the who how and why of their euro scouting

credit for soderberg?  did they scout him or did they just take a flier since Hannu wasn't working out so well?  and how about convincing Soderberg to come over here, he should have taken that upon himself.

And did he have anything to do with obtaining Rask?

It would be interesting to read that. If he had a hand in the Rask trade it could redeem him a bit. He was responsible for drafting Hannu, so I'm not sure how tha would change my mind about him if he had a hand in Yetiberg, especially since the Bruins haven't been able to talk him over in 6 years.