Decided to listen to Sirius radio on a long drive today after I heard the Shabs lost.
For some reason they were using Hab commentators. They went on and on with the excuses, every once in a while saying, "not to make excuses, but..."
- Habs were emotionally let down after their big Game 7 with Boston (apparently the Rangers Game 7 didnt count)
-Rangers have speed the Shabs didnt have to deal with against Boston
- The Habs were put at a disadvantage by the NHL because they arent as good or as used to matinee games as the Rags are
- Habs arent as good 5 on 5, and needed to "draw more penalties" (but "not to embellish or anything" - he said this!)
- Price was hurt on the last 2 goals he gave up
- Habs need to get under NYR's skin, like Boston
And all 3 announcers were amazed that there were many goals in the game, because Price and Lundqvist are the 2 best goalies in the NHL, with maybe Quick in there somewhere
I especially liked the afternoon game excuse. He said the Habs were 0-3 and the Rangers were 5-4 in day games, proving it wasnt fair that the Habs had to play an afternoon game.
I can't believe how much I want those preening crybabies to lose in the most embarrassing way.