Hab Fans: The Delusion Begins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Hab Fans: The Delusion Begins

It is utterly stunning to witness the depravity that is apparent with the fandom of the Habs. They are so starved for success that they fail to see what their team really is: almost mediocre.

Let them continue to delude themselves with their team's "speed?".

I can't wait for them to come up against a team with a half-decent goalkeeper; it will be over and out for the Habs and their fandom.

Habdy Dabdy made it up the wall, Habdy Dabdy are in for a great fall....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Hab Fans: The Delusion Begins

I think the B's are a better team, of course, but I wouldn't put this Habs squad as mediocre. 

Bruins in 4!  (Eventually)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The 1993 taunts are getting to them all over the intranet.

It's going to be a great series!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

They won 4 straight against a team with no goalie or D. The number of 2 on 1's etc etc. They won't know what hit them. But we have some business to take care of first....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

ça sent la coupe!....

wow, they beat a second-string goalie, if that....

i would've gone to the Latvian kid in nets for TB after the first game.... 

Price is going to have to be much better for sHabs to advance....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

My thoughts going into the playoffs...Play anybody, except Detroit or Montreal.

Detroit was getting healthier, and strange things happen, when playing Montreal, who holds a 24-9 series lead, with the good news being, that Boston has 7 of those wins, in the last 11 series.

It might be the 40 years they spent, losing 18 playoff series in a row, that still has me a little edgy, when thinking about playing Montreal in the playoffs, but there is still a very good Detroit team in the way, so I won't start worrying about the Habs, until if/when it becomes necessary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The Habs are a better team than Detroit, nothing delusional there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 1993 taunts are getting to them all over the intranet.

It's going to be a great series!

[/QUOTE]

How about we beat Detroit first before we start talking about what a great series this could be?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Montreal = only team in the East that can give the Bruins trouble and when they play, it's usually the Bruins who do it to themselves with high emotion and dumb penalties. Bruins play their game, they will win it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Surely you jest.

The Habs have some good pieces, but they are far from a team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Surely you jest.

The Habs have some good pieces, but they are far from a team.

[/QUOTE]

Don, the Habs are much better than the Wings. Not only are they a team, but their a pretty good one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Montreal = only team in the East that can give the Bruins trouble and when they play, it's usually the Bruins who do it to themselves with high emotion and dumb penalties. Bruins play their game, they will win it.

[/QUOTE]

This is how i see it as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I'm a little more cautious than most on here it seems, regarding foregone conclusions with the current series. But that said, I like the Bruins in EVERY statistical category over the Habs (negligibly better on the penalty kill). Give them a week and a half of rest and the Bruins will knock it off them really quickly.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Maybe I'm being homerishly optimistic here, but that seems like just the type of series to set them up for a big collapse.

I watched a few of those games and the defense was putrid.

Breakaways galore, 2 on 1's right and left, routine shots finding the back of the net, and very little in the way of hitting.  They've been swinging the Fungo bat.  Either Boston or Detroit could put a serious shock into them after that series.  

That's it Habs...(drumming fingers)...get nice and soft...

I realize they did everything right and took advantage of a weak team in a big way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Detroit would be Team # 2.

Weather Detroit is not as good as Montreal not so sure. Upto now and still think Detroit is better. But as far as who is harder for us to beat, I give that to Montreal. As an after thought the team the wins the PT should be able to pick the team to play against first round. I'll bet it would have been TB hands down.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Agreed. As much as I hate them they do have a pretty good all around team this year. Wont be easy for either Boston or Detroit in the second round, but I think the Bruins would defeat them over the course of 7 games. It's more delusional to consider them to be mediocre, imo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment: 1993 taunts are getting to them all over the intranet. It's going to be a great series! [/QUOTE]

How about we beat Detroit first before we start talking about what a great series this could be?[/QUOTE]

You are on the wrong thread. Everyone is arguing that the Detroit series is already over on Bim's over confident "Detroit is fragile" thread. Please free to check the whole board for discussions. 

You will see I am confident Boston will win but not a walk in the park.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think the Habs are the second best team in the East. They always give the bruins fits. Price is a great netminder. But, no Cup run is complete without a stroll through Montreal! GO BRUINS!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I sometimes think Habs fans are more interested in passing judgment on Refs, media, players etc than actually cheering for their team. It's like some funky mental wiring where they'd get more enjoyment out of another Chara-Patches incident to rail against more than actually winning.

It's really sad. I'm a hockey fan first and foremost, and I always thought it would be great to see a game in Montreal. I'll be there a bunch for work next year, but I honestly don't think I can do it. 20,000 people screaming every time their precious players get sneezed at. I think it would break my faith in humankind to go....and what a bummer that is. My only hope is that the Bs play while I'm there, because otherwise I just couldn't do it. They've gone waaaaay off the deep end.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Scab fans are delusional,i'll agree with that all day long.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

The playoff system is a joke. The Habs earned the rest by virtue of the sweep. The fact that they know their next opponent can be only 1 of 2 teams stinks. The Atlantic division is way stronger than the Metro and to not re-seed based on points earned will eliminate some of the stronger teams that should be meeting up in later rounds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The playoff system is a joke. The Habs earned the rest by virtue of the sweep. The fact that they know their next opponent can be only 1 of 2 teams stinks. The Atlantic division is way stronger than the Metro and to not re-seed based on points earned will eliminate some of the stronger teams that should be meeting up in later rounds.

[/QUOTE]

This year, maybe. But any division with the Pens, Flyers, Rangers is tough - and add in there that any given season the Caps, Islanders and Devils could be tough "outs". I kinda think it'll be tough for any team to emerge from the 1st two rounds any given year with this format. I like it. It seems to concentrate the tough matchups earlier. In the not too distant future, the Bruins could be the team that an unlucky 2 or 3-seed draws. Plus, you have to win 4 series regardless of opponent. I have no problem with the 1st round being "tougher" than the second round. That's the way the last 2 Bruins Cup runs have been anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I like it.  It brings me back to the old Adams division days.  Bring on the Habs every year.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This year, maybe. But any division with the Pens, Flyers, Rangers is tough - and add in there that any given season the Caps, Islanders and Devils could be tough "outs". I kinda think it'll be tough for any team to emerge from the 1st two rounds any given year with this format. I like it. It seems to concentrate the tough matchups earlier. In the not too distant future, the Bruins could be the team that an unlucky 2 or 3-seed draws. Plus, you have to win 4 series regardless of opponent. I have no problem with the 1st round being "tougher" than the second round. That's the way the last 2 Bruins Cup runs have been anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Add to that the Jackets who are finally, finally, turning the corner.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I rather admire Habs fans for thinking their team can beat any team ... no inferiority complex with that fan base.

Sections
Shortcuts