Habs and NBC Sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Habs and NBC Sports

Did anyone else notice that everytime a Shab embellished a call NBC was praising them for drawing the call? What is the deal here? It's an embarassment to see Subban grabbing sticks and throwing himself backwards and then to see Plekanec (I think it was him?) throw his arm in the air after minimal contact. I think it's ridiculous.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Habs and NBC Sports

I know but to actually go and praise embellishing saying that it's a good play is embarassing for a national TV network.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

Totally agree, Doc Emerick is awful too. Calls everyone with a number slightly resembling a 9, Seguin. Do your research, especially on "Rivalry Night" with 2 original 6 teams playing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to Mikeonetwo's comment:

Totally agree, Doc Emerick is awful too. Calls everyone with a number slightly resembling a 9, Seguin. Do your research, especially on "Rivalry Night" with 2 original 6 teams playing.

It's quite easy to confuse players on the ice, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Doc is all right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

He can call everyone on the flipping ice Seguin as far as I'm concerned, I just wish the guy would for ONCE use a verb that actually describes the action on the ice appropriately. Or maybe not use intransitive verbs to describe every action. "Chara can move the puck out of the zone." Sure he f-ing CAN.. he just DID!!

It hurts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I really don't care what the announcers say tbh, usually I watch with the volume really low or listen to music while watching. I'm more concerned about watching the game than what the announcers say, really.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I like hearing the sounds from the ice and the boards making noise after a big check. So there's no way around it for the awful announcing.

Those guys have no idea what they are talking about, Peverley and Krejci all-of-a-sudden are Seguin. Peverley has the ability to be all of the 3. Very difficult to mistake them if you ever watch a Bruins game.

Not to mention they kept showing the Subban hit as what caused the blood to Lucic when it was the high stick that happened right after the hit. I can't stand NBC Sports when they air Bruin's games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

do like the penalty for shooting puck out of play.  use to be refs had to think is was intentional.

now its called no matter what.  rule must be changed.  not that big a deal shooting puck in crowd.  lets call penaties when player gets crunched , lets say head into boards.  never see that call.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to candre99's comment:

do like the penalty for shooting puck out of play.  use to be refs had to think is was intentional.

now its called no matter what.  rule must be changed.  not that big a deal shooting puck in crowd.  lets call penaties when player gets crunched , lets say head into boards.  never see that call.

Unless it's done by a Bruin like Milan Lucic. Then it's an automatic call.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

What's with all the Emrick bashing? This guy is one of the best ever. His vocabulary is unique in that he describes action for fans of all levels. He adores and studies the game with a passion second to none -- shows no bias -- His enthusiasm is real and not a put-on. He is always available to fans and literally sells the game day in and out. It's not by mistake -- Among the many awards he has received is the NHL's Lester Patrick Award in 2004, making him the first of three people to receive the award for media work, and the Foster Hewitt Memorial Award by the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2008. Emrick was the first member of the media to be inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame, on December 12, 2011. I've been watching this game for over 50 years -- Not claiming to be an expert but -- from listening to hundreds on incompitant fools -- Emrick is up there with the Dan Kelly's of yesteryear.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5GHhpmFKxU&feature=share&list=UUbrOpxWGY5sJ5Eh1xXFwQlA

No one can touch Bob Cole.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5GHhpmFKxU&feature=share&list=UUbrOpxWGY5sJ5Eh1xXFwQlA

No one can touch Bob Cole.

Is he trying to get fired?

It's not the real Bob Cole.  Just a guy who did an excellent spoof of Cole's tendency to forget player names.  Goes by the name of OttawaGhost4. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

What's with all the Emrick bashing? This guy is one of the best ever. His vocabulary is unique in that he describes action for fans of all levels. He adores and studies the game with a passion second to none -- shows no bias -- His enthusiasm is real and not a put-on. He is always available to fans and literally sells the game day in and out. It's not by mistake -- Among the many awards he has received is the NHL's Lester Patrick Award in 2004, making him the first of three people to receive the award for media work, and the Foster Hewitt Memorial Award by the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2008. Emrick was the first member of the media to be inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame, on December 12, 2011. I've been watching this game for over 50 years -- Not claiming to be an expert but -- from listening to hundreds on incompitant fools -- Emrick is up there with the Dan Kelly's of yesteryear.

I can't stand the guy.  His voice is creepy and his vocabulary is limited.  If knifes, skitters, and cancels weren't allowed to be said on TV, he'd be silent for half the game.

I don't care if he sells the game or if he's won any awards.  Bring back Gary Thorne.  Emerick's voice is nails on a chalkboard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Did anyone else notice that everytime a Shab embellished a call NBC was praising them for drawing the call? What is the deal here? It's an embarassment to see Subban grabbing sticks and throwing himself backwards and then to see Plekanec (I think it was him?) throw his arm in the air after minimal contact. I think it's ridiculous.

Come on, Lambda.  We have enough threads and posts about the diving and the refs lack of calls on it.  Now we need to hoot and hollar about what the NBC guys think of it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to lambda13's comment:

Come on, Lambda.  We have enough threads and posts about the diving and the refs lack of calls on it.  Now we need to hoot and hollar about what the NBC guys think of it?

I know, it just got to me. It was obnoxious to hear them encouraging it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The worst thing about Emrick is when a team has an excellent scoring chance and his voice is rising and the goalie makes a great save he says"OOOH AND IT WOULD NOT GO!"

Go where, Mike? Didn't you mean to say, "what a save by XYZ?"

I remember that diving stick save Thomas made in the Cup run vs Tampa... should be one of the most exciting highlights and Emrick is yelling "IT WOULD NOT GO!!!"

Hate it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I really don't care what the announcers say tbh, usually I watch with the volume really low or listen to music while watching. I'm more concerned about watching the game than what the announcers say, really.

Incense burning too?  Lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

anyone notice the X check from behind by Gallagher sending Siedenberg 5 6 feet off balance right before the tying goal. im guessing the refs didn,t or did they?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I agree never really noticed it before but thought the call of the game was terrible by NBC.

Also what was up with the continued talk of how tired the Habs were in between the 2cnd

and 3rd period. It is relevant to mention it but to continue to talk about it was annoying.