Habs aquire Wisniewski

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski

In Response to Habs aquire Wisniewski:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=347111 Not a bad pick up for 2nd rounder
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]
    Seems like Subban can expect more healthy scratches now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Hate to see the competition get better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Agree Mutant211

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Good deal for the Habs.  He was one of the "avaialable" offensive D-men that I thought would of been a good trade deadline pick-up for Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Have to think the habs beat the Bs to the punch here!  Competition?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

We are talking about James Wisniewski right!! Thought so, Much ado about nothing!! What's this his fourth team?  Obviously someone overpaid this guy at 3.25 million and the Islanders wanted to unload him quickly...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I agree with Cowboys. I think the Habs gave up a 2nd rounder where they could easily find a OD-man and a late fifth rounder. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

This is his 4th team in less than two years....What's up with that?

n Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Cowboys. I think the Habs gave up a 2nd rounder where they could easily find a OD-man and a late fifth rounder. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

he should be in the hall of fame just for doing this to sean avery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JYeKEA5AoY

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

In Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski:
    [QUOTE]he should be in the hall of fame just for doing this to sean avery http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JYeKEA5AoY
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

That gesture means he should fit right in with Lapierre and company....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]This is his 4th team in less than two years....What's up with that? n Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski :
    Posted by mxt[/QUOTE]
    I am not quite sure what to think of it. Either he was overpaid and not as talented as the contract says he should be or... He is terrible in the club house. Take your pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

His "forte"  the point on the PP and that's why the Habs went and take him.  Their PP last year was powered by another big shooter in Bergeron.  This year without him and Markov their PP hasn't done well and this move should help them.
    To note the Habs didn't have to give up much as he's a UFA next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]His "forte"  the point on the PP and that's why the Habs went and take him.  Their PP last year was powered by another big shooter in Bergeron.  This year without him and Markov their PP hasn't done well and this move should help them. To note the Habs didn't have to give up much as he's a UFA next season.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I don't know Legion.. 2nd rounders are not what I would call giving up much..Pretty good picks have come in the 2nd Round.. Lucic comes to mind .. Your talking potential Top 50 player  in the Draft.. for this guy?  I would take him to the airport if I was Snow!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I suggest taking a look at his even strength goals.

[QUOTE]Hate to see the competition get better.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The habs had no choice they are without Markov and now i heard Josh Gorges is also on the LTIR. They need d men and may need one more before deadline.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

3goals in 35games with Islanders.
    2goals in 1game with game winner with the canadiens.
    a steal for Mtl !
    Islanders are tanking, already !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]3goals in 35games with Islanders. 2goals in 1game with game winner with the canadiens. a steal for Mtl ! Islanders are tanking, already !
    Posted by FairbankAK[/QUOTE]

Paid amazing dividend in 1st game as Hab. Let's see how it works out over the long haul

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Wisniewski is a UFA at end of the year.  Habs have a lot of cap space with Markov out for the year. 

Bruins should make the same kind of deal but have no cap space.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

He's playing well for the Habs in his first few games... this was a great pick-up as a band-aid for the Markov injury.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and they're still losing...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Hab fans will have this guy going straight to the hall of fame.....until he comes back to earth of course, and he will.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]and they're still losing...
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]

Power play is much better, and the defense (which was terribly thin) has a quality guy that improves the overall group immensely. I know some of you Bruins fans are very Hab-fan-like in your assessment of players on other teams ("he stinks, unless he's our guy, and then he's great"), but given the need the Habs had on the blueline and what they traded, I don't see how you can spin this as anything but a decent move by Montreal, similar to the move made for Siedenberg by Boston last season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski : Power play is much better, and the defense (which was terribly thin) has a quality guy that improves the overall group immensely. I know some of you Bruins fans are very Hab-fan-like in your assessment of players on other teams ("he stinks, unless he's our guy, and then he's great"), but given the need the Habs had on the blueline and what they traded, I don't see how you can spin this as anything but a decent move by Montreal, similar to the move made for Siedenberg by Boston last season.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE] Looks like an excellent pick up for the habs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski : Power play is much better, and the defense (which was terribly thin) has a quality guy that improves the overall group immensely. I know some of you Bruins fans are very Hab-fan-like in your assessment of players on other teams ("he stinks, unless he's our guy, and then he's great"), but given the need the Habs had on the blueline and what they traded, I don't see how you can spin this as anything but a decent move by Montreal, similar to the move made for Siedenberg by Boston last season.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    Good comparison although I hope he doesn't work out for you guys as well as Seidenberg has for us(certainly is so far).lol

Sections
Shortcuts