Habs aquire Wisniewski

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski

In Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski : Power play is much better, and the defense (which was terribly thin) has a quality guy that improves the overall group immensely. I know some of you Bruins fans are very Hab-fan-like in your assessment of players on other teams ("he stinks, unless he's our guy, and then he's great"), but given the need the Habs had on the blueline and what they traded, I don't see how you can spin this as anything but a decent move by Montreal, similar to the move made for Siedenberg by Boston last season.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

What does this mean for Subban?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski : Good comparison although I hope he doesn't work out for you guys as well as Seidenberg has for us(certainly is so far).lol
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

The Habs will have to re-sign him for it to work out as well as the Seidenberg deal has for you guys. Definitely possible: there will be money available at the end of the season and decisions to be made.

As for Subban, the deal has little to do with him except to take pressure off what was becoming part of his responsibilities. And that's a good thing; you don't want a rookie to be shouldering a great deal of the responsibility on the blueline--at least on a team that thinks it should be in the playoffs.

The team's looked better in the 3 games he's played...despite only getting 3 points out of 6. Now if they can figure out that they can't play Carey Price every night...the backup goalie needs to take the load off the #1 guy or he'll burn out (sound familiar?) Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski : The Habs will have to re-sign him for it to work out as well as the Seidenberg deal has for you guys. Definitely possible: there will be money available at the end of the season and decisions to be made. As for Subban, the deal has little to do with him except to take pressure off what was becoming part of his responsibilities. And that's a good thing; you don't want a rookie to be shouldering a great deal of the responsibility on the blueline--at least on a team that thinks it should be in the playoffs. The team's looked better in the 3 games he's played...despite only getting 3 points out of 6. Now if they can figure out that they can't play Carey Price every night...the backup goalie needs to take the load off the #1 guy or he'll burn out (sound familiar?)
    Who knew other teams had problems eh?How has Eller been playing by the way?I was impressed with what I saw of him.He's got decent size and looks like a player. What do you think?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski : Who knew other teams had problems eh?How has Eller been playing by the way?I was impressed with what I saw of him.He's got decent size and looks like a player. What do you think?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Eller is a work in progress. You can see the talent there, but he's just not mature / ready to put it together consistently. But I think he'll be a good NHLer in the next couple of years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs aquire Wisniewski : Eller is a work in progress. You can see the talent there, but he's just not mature / ready to put it together consistently. But I think he'll be a good NHLer in the next couple of years.
    Thanks.I haven't seen as many Habs games this year.For some reason I no longer get them on the french station every Saturday night.