Habs Are Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Habs Are Done

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I don't know as if Desharnais can withstand a constant physical pounding every second night in the playoffs. He would have to channel his inner Marty St. Louis.

Agreed, and his lack of speed is telling as well...just one of many things that sets him apart from the likes of St. Louis. I think Gallagher is being groomed as his replacement should Bergevin try and move him. Unfortunately, Gallagher was -7 in the series.....ouch!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

almost brought a tear to my eye....  NOT!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Not yet Chow I am trying to cancel the bet with my friend 4ever...

You could always use one of your other sign-ins.

[/QUOTE]

I am not a cheater

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

66% of Canadian team make the playoffs.

If (WHEN) the B's kick the Leafs out, there will only be one left.

Desides the bruins and kings who are majority canadian.  Din k

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

almost brought a tear to my eye....  NOT!!!!

I cried....TEARS OF JOY!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Desharnais at $3.5M is a great player.  His 60 points last season would have put him right near the top of the B's scoring list.

He's a diving pansy, so he fits perfectly in the Montreal system.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Desharnais at $3.5M is a great player.  His 60 points last season would have put him right near the top of the B's scoring list.

10 goals in 48 games and 1 playoff point in 2013 for a second line center is not great. Galchenyuk is their top 6 center of the future and Desharnais is miscast as a checker. I would be willing to bet Bergevin tries to unload him before next season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Habs and Van both humiliated in the same week for yet another playoff year... what could be better. Loved the look on all the hab fan faces upon seeing my Bruins shirt today. The instant recognition that I'd be enjoying their pain was awesome. We all know we had to endure the same thing for many years. So much nicer to have the shoe on the other foot. Some icing on the cake is the acknowledgement by some of them that they're ashamed by the diving & cheapshot antics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

10 goals in 48 games and 1 playoff point in 2013 for a second line center is not great. Galchenyuk is their top 6 center of the future and Desharnais is miscast as a checker. I would be willing to bet Bergevin tries to unload him before next season.

Bergeron has one point so far this playoffs!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

After the Sens went up 3-1 I read a lot of stuff about the Habs' team being headed in the right direction.  True, they were a more competitive team this season but I wouldn't mind if the direction they were headed was down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

After the Sens went up 3-1 I read a lot of stuff about the Habs' team being headed in the right direction.  True, they were a more competitive team this season but I wouldn't mind if the direction they were headed was down.

Well Markov is 34 and Seguin was skating rings around him during the last few regular season games. With a not so hot draft pick position this year, and not much depth, the magic cant last too much longer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

Well Markov is 34 and Seguin was skating rings around him during the last few regular season games. With a not so hot draft pick position this year, and not much depth, the magic cant last too much longer.

Sounds good to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is listed as a very deep draft.  The Habs have the second round picks of Nashville (4th)and Calgary (6th).  They have three picks in the first 36. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

This is listed as a very deep draft.  The Habs have the second round picks of Nashville (4th)and Calgary (6th).  They have three picks in the first 36. 

The question then is can they pull another Subban. I dont think its likely they get NHL help for at least 4-5 years on the 2nd rounders, if ever, and who knows on the first. I guess my point is, unless they work free agency hard, its gonna be a while. Meanwhile, I personally stay unimpressed with MaxPac and the younger players (Subban notwithstanding) and dont see a whole lot of growth for this team in the immediate future. Just a personal observation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Ryder as an NHL'er maybe done. Going by a program off satellite today. He's a guy that works for the LNH out of Montreal. Apparently Ryder snuck in some side door at the Bell packed all his stuff & left. Didn't go to his end of the season meeting with management, or coaches. A Montreal reporter saw him & chased him down, but Ryder took off. The reporter told Therrien he saw him & Therrien said "Congratulations you're the lucky one, because nobody else saw him in these play-offs!" 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Ryder as an NHL'er maybe done. Going by a program off satellite today. He's a guy that works for the LNH out of Montreal. Apparently Ryder snuck in some side door at the Bell packed all his stuff & left. Didn't go to his end of the season meeting with management, or coaches. A Montreal reporter saw him & chased him down, but Ryder took off. The reporter told Therrien he saw him & Therrien said "Congratulations you're the lucky one, because nobody else saw him in these play-offs!" 

Hard to get a more damning comment than that from your coach.