HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups

Always special when they player each other . I'm not even certain Hab fans get the same joy as when the Bruins beat the Habs but this is a topic for another day.
    Once I asked Neely after a win against the Habs " How does it feel to beat Montreal " and of course he answered the correct way " It's like beating any other team. "  I did realize it wasn't a good question but I was just so blinded by joy with the Bruins beating the Habs. In those days just before Cam , wins didn't come easily.
    The other matchup I'm talking about tonite is PK Suban and Gill against the Bergy, Lucic, Horton line.  You can bet that'll be the matchup .  Bruin fans will soon discover their hate towards Suban as much as most Hab fans hate Looch.  He's better than Komisarek , great puck mover (reminds me of Bourque) but man does he talk a lot and tries to get under the skin of others. You know the type, giving a couple of jabs after the whistle ,  trying to  get you off your game and trying to lure a player into taking stupid penalties after the fact.  As much as he'll make my blood boil tonight I'm very looking forward to it.
    I'm very curious to hear your feedback after the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups

Pre game thoughts run around the new "Carey Price".  Has his game improved or is it hype?  Typcially I can count on dives from the divas of le belle province.  I am sure PK has adopted the style.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups:
    [QUOTE]Pre game thoughts run around the new "Carey Price".  Has his game improved or is it hype?  Typcially I can count on dives from the divas of le belle province.  I am sure PK has adopted the style.   
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Price is playing to his potential.  Jacques Martin has his defense playing a very similar system Julien and the Bruins.  Their D collapses down low , clogs up the front of the net and keep the shots from the perimeter .  This has really helped
    Price thus far.  Watch Gill tonight and see  how many blocked shots he gets.  If you thought Seidenberg was like a 2nd goalie you'll get the same from Gill.
    Quick releases and one timers can beat Price,  have him have to move latterly and get traffic in front of him.
    Tonights game will be a very tight game and the winner will win by a goal and if by two it'll be because of an empty net (Hope Lucic gets it ) Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups:
    [QUOTE]Always special when they player each other . I'm not even certain Hab fans get the same joy as when the Bruins beat the Habs but this is a topic for another day. Once I asked Neely after a win against the Habs " How does it feel to beat Montreal " and of course he answered the correct way " It's like beating any other team. "  I did realize it wasn't a good question but I was just so blinded by joy with the Bruins beating the Habs. In those days just before Cam , wins didn't come easily. The other matchup I'm talking about tonite is PK Suban and Gill against the Bergy, Lucic, Horton line.  You can bet that'll be the matchup .  Bruin fans will soon discover their hate towards Suban as much as most Hab fans hate Looch.  He's better than Komisarek , great puck mover (reminds me of Bourque) but man does he talk a lot and tries to get under the skin of others. You know the type, giving a couple of jabs after the whistle ,  trying to  get you off your game and trying to lure a player into taking stupid penalties after the fact.  As much as he'll make my blood boil tonight I'm very looking forward to it. I'm very curious to hear your feedback after the game.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Wouldn't it be sweet to see a guy like Marchand pull an Evander Kane & knock out PK SookIam with 1 punch! Loved this guy when he played for Canada in WJC. Now though? He's replaced Guilleme "do you like my dress" with Lappierre with his mouth & stick work! Of course he'll be another one of those Scab "pu$$i's who have their gloves glued on when the bell rings!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Of course, it's exciting for Bruin fans when their team wins against Montreal because it happens so rarely...

Subban is awesome...

Can't wait to see him knock both Wheeler and Marchand on their a**es tonight....

BOOK IT !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Neat thing about tonight's game is that it's for the division lead as well as being a classic Bruins/Habs matchup. Think of what that means about the Bruins play this year - with a win they'll take over the division lead despite, by the end of the night, having played two less than TO, three less than the Sens and Habs, and four less than the Sabres. I think that makes it pretty clear as to who the force in the Northeasst is right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

After the tremendous spike in the Bruins energy last night in the third period, I am hoping that there won't be a letdown tonight.  The Bruins need to get the first goal and then slow the Habs down by mucking up the neutral zone.  While Price has been hot, conventional wisdom says "go high glove side" on him.  Horton is best equiped to do that, while Ryder could also make an impact.  This would also be a good time for Seguin to showcase his quick release.  It would be nice if the Bruins could break Price's streak of not allowing more than three goals per game this season.

The Habs traded away Ryan O'Byrne today.  You never know how a team is going to react to a trade.  With any luck, the team will be in shock over it, and be slow coming out of the gate.  It would be nice to see the Bruins outwork an opponent in the first period for a change.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The Bruins need to pay attention to the Habs forwards, who are very speedy. They have very quick puck transition. That being said, they smush really easy against the boards and they will disappear if you keep doing this to them....Bruins 5 - 3 win tonite.....Go B's Go !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

[QUOTE]Of course, it's exciting for Bruin fans when their team wins against Montreal because it happens so rarely... Subban is awesome... Can't wait to see him knock both Wheeler and Marchand on their a**es tonight.... BOOK IT !
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE] I'm so thrill when i read boston's fans lose their temper when it comes to Montreal they look like kids waiting for their candies to be eaten... it sadly prooves me something : Montreal is a good team and i'm pretty sure everybody here would take Pk Subban if tomorrow Montreal's Canadian offer him to Boston am i wrong ?? and talking about Price he's real good since the season starts..so i'll be please to watch the game tonite...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYsb12Wf1I

Looking for a great game tonight!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYsb12Wf1I Looking for a great game tonight!
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Best Habs fan ever right there. No luck for your team tonight Kennedy, but hope its a good game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups : Best Habs fan ever right there. No luck for your team tonight Kennedy, but hope its a good game.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

Oh come on Mike...that's not very sporting. I wish you and the Bruins TONS of luck tonight.

ALL OF IT BAD! :) I hope your guys hit 6 posts and break sticks at inopportune times!

Honestly, I hope you left it all on the ice in period 3 last night. However, the extra day of rest didn't help Ottawa earlier this year against Montreal, so I don't think it'll be a factor tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bruins need to start a little different than their last 3 games.

GO BRUINS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups : I'm so thrill when i read boston's fans lose their temper when it comes to Montreal they look like kids waiting for their candies to be eaten... it sadly prooves me something : Montreal is a good team and i'm pretty sure everybody here would take Pk Subban if tomorrow Montreal's Canadian offer him to Boston am i wrong ?? and talking about Price he's real good since the season starts..so i'll be please to watch the game tonite...
    Posted by Greatseason[/QUOTE]

Agree.  He is talented and something the Bruins don't have. I just don't like his attitude

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

BLATANT non call on the stick grab

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups : Agree.  He is talented and something the Bruins don't have. I just don't like his attitude
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

He sure can shoot, though. Wink

I'm just amazed. 2 PP goals in 2 games for Montreal. Stunner!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Stupid penalty by Seguin. The kid has to stop doing this crap

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

If the first period is any indication, this is going to be a very tight battle in the 6 games between the two teams this season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Nice play LOOCH!!!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Lapierre called for diving...what a surprise!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

You know, the GD penalties are ALWAYS BS when the B's play the toilet seats.  For whatever reason, its like its always lopsided.  They call the dive, but blow it dead when the B's are carrying in the zone!?!?!  They call 2 Bruins for a roughing in that scrum!?!?!?  They MISS the OBVIOUS interference on Marchand but stop play for WHAT reaons!?!?!?!  And now they call Thornton on an interference!?!?!  Its bunch of bullsh*t, really. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Montreal is having success drawing penalties. I think the Bruins have had the better of the even strength play so this seems like a good plan for them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

You could tell by Halpern's reaction, he knew very well it wasnt gonna be a goal

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Clear kicking motion but suprised these refs reversed the call. They've been calling bad both ways.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The no goal call was right....tough one, but Toronto got it right.

The refs have been a non-factor in this contest, which is what you want to see.  I haven't been thrilled with the way the game has been called, but it's been relatively consistent. A lot of similar things have been let go for the first 40 mins.

Montreal's clearly faster overall than Boston; the Bruins physicality doesn't give the Habs room. Physicality usually wins in a series if all else is equal; we'll see what wins in a single game.

Boston played last night and was brilliant in the 3rd period. What kind of 3rd do they have left in them tonight? I think MTL really needs a goal on this PP just to seize momentum.

Sections
Shortcuts