HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups

In Response to Re: HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups:
    In Response to Re: HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups : No worries, I don't.... Beating Toronto is ALWAYS a good thing as a Habs fan. Loved winning last night but we'll see if we can't help you and your draft position out next week!
    Posted by Kennedy97

Read some of your posts in other threads.  Now you know hockey!  Love the city of Montreal, Queue De Cheval across from the Belle Center is very nice steak house.  Should be an interesting and exciting year with the rivalry.  Hope the stupid fans get off of Price, hope the team does well but gets elliminated by the Bs in four games. Ha.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This was another game where it sure looked like Julien was outcoached.  The Shabs were prepared.  They knew where the Bruins were going to go with the puck in the defensive zone every time, and several Bruins made blind passes to the spot where a Shab was waiting.  Even though they were the road team, it looked like the Shabs had the match-ups they wanted most of the night.  And the Bruin gameplan clearly lacked the same insight.  We saw time and again, you aren't going to beat Price from 6-8 feet the way he's playing.  But you can beat him from 10-30 ft. the way Chara did because you've got better angles on him. 

And you know?  A penalty on Seguin (inexperienced move there) and a penalty on Chara for basically turning around too quickly, plus a pretty lame penalty on Thornton (gotta call it though), and this one could easily have gone the other way.  Bergeron got a good piece of the pass Subban blew by Rask (who should have had it), and Rask got 90% of the Gomez goal.  Great skill by Gionta to pot the second goal, but no PP and that chance never materializes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups : I'm not letting Boston off the hook because back to back games. Montreal played a really good game they deserved the win. They would crush Washington again (which I called last year) in the playoffs if they met this year. Can't wait till both teams play on Montreal's better ice with both teams fully healthy. I have a feeling were seeing a preview of the Eastern Conference finals round one the battle to Montreal.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I don't think the back to back games is as much an excuse as it is a factor.  It's not something that can't be overcome (MTL did it against Ottawa about 3 weeks ago) but at the same time, playing an emotional game and coming up with a gutsy comeback win does take its toll. I don't think you let them off the hook so to speak, but against a strong skating team (albeit a non-physical one) I think that's why we saw the shot totals for MTL as high as they were. 40+ is not your average night at the office for the Habs!

As far as the playoffs go, it's a possibility. These are both good teams if everyone / the core stays healthy. If Carey Price can keep his play going (and I think it's very possible given that this is 16 games in, not 6), the Habs are a legit playoff team. Boston is as well. I think it's a very strong probablility that one of them (coughMontrealcough!) wins the division and the other finishes 2nd and between 4th and 6th in the conference.   Time will tell how it all plays out; there's so much parity that it's also conceivable that one misses the playoffs altogether, but based on how they both look this season, I don't think that'll happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Blah, blah, blah !

A Bruins fan and a Bruin fan posing as a Hab fan having an "indepth conversation."

How exciting -- NOT !

The only thing that matters is my Habitants kicked your Bruins ugly butts...

The Hawkey Gawd's have had their first taste of Bear Meat of the season, and they're craving more...

Hoo Yeah !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: HABS-BRUINS NOVEMBER 11th and other matchups : I don't think the back to back games is as much an excuse as it is a factor.  It's not something that can't be overcome (MTL did it against Ottawa about 3 weeks ago) but at the same time, playing an emotional game and coming up with a gutsy comeback win does take its toll. I don't think you let them off the hook so to speak, but against a strong skating team (albeit a non-physical one) I think that's why we saw the shot totals for MTL as high as they were. 40+ is not your average night at the office for the Habs! As far as the playoffs go, it's a possibility. These are both good teams if everyone / the core stays healthy. If Carey Price can keep his play going (and I think it's very possible given that this is 16 games in, not 6), the Habs are a legit playoff team. Boston is as well. I think it's a very strong probablility that one of them (coughMontrealcough!) wins the division and the other finishes 2nd and between 4th and 6th in the conference.   Time will tell how it all plays out; there's so much parity that it's also conceivable that one misses the playoffs altogether, but based on how they both look this season, I don't think that'll happen.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Not sure about all of the exact reasons but statistically speaking,a team has less than a 30%chance of winning both games when playing back-to-back nights(I only know this because TSN did a segment about it last year on That's Hockey).

Sections
Shortcuts