HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1106548--cox-canada-s-worst-nhl-team-at-holiday-time-les-glorieux

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now

Looks like nothing another, riot, rally, 911 call, french speaking coach, Kaberle led pp, won't fix.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

All the talk of needing a french speaking coach, while it's their french speaking GM who screwed that team up..........and god BLESS him for THAT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's one thing to support your team, albeit in a maniacal manner.  It's another to wrap your cultural identity around them.  Does anyone recall what, if any resistance American George Gillette received several years ago after he bought the Habs with his non-French speaking dollars when no one else in the province of Quebec stepped up to do so?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

You gotta love it but let's all hope for the day when they are deemed the worst professional team in the world.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now:
    You gotta love it but let's all hope for the day when they are deemed the worst professional team in the world.
    Posted by zamboni24

zamboni - I'm smiling at the thought.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Gomez + Kaberle = $11,000,000

Where other teams have spent around that much:

Boston:  Lucic, Horton, Marchand

Anaheim:  Perry and Getzlaf

Buffalo:  Stafford, Roy, Leopold

Calgary:  Iginla, Glencross, Comeau

Carolina:  Pitkanen, Ruutu, Gleason

---

I was going to go team by team, but I lost the will to do so.  Anyway, it's no wonder that team is terrible and the #1 cause, as stated above, is the French speaking GM.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

$11,000,000 million for Gomez and Kaberle alone, unbelievably bad management by Gainey and Gauthier. And to think the cap could go down and they have these two on the books for a couple more years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

thats not all they have for bad contracts, markov, camalleri, cole, all making big money and not scheduled to come off the books for a while

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

As much as I absolutely despise the Canadiens and revel in every bad day they have, I must admit the NHL (and the Bruins) are better when the Habs have a decent team.

Unlike the Canucks, who can finish last in the NHL forever and it would be too good for them and no one would care.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You know what they say about sleeping dogs...  let them sleep.
    I still think they're a better team than what they've shown.  Over the summer they did improve their team. While they did overpay for Erik Cole he's better winger than Pouliot they replaced.
    Habs mistake was focussing on Markov's return and due to that they didn't sign Roman Hamrlik and James Wisniewski.  It's the GM their problem (hope they keep him) and not the coach that was left with 3-4 un-experienced D-men to contend with injuries.  Subban is not ready to carry a team.
    In the New Year they can easily become the Buffalo Sabres from last season and make the playoffs.  They have a good goaltender.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

the thing is though they can't really become the sabres of the off-season because they lack cap space. they have around 27 mill tied up in contracts i bet they would like to get rid of. Gomez, Camm, Kab, Markov, and Cole are bad contracts. they need to blow up this team and build around price, subban, and plekanec

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

the thing is though they can't really become the sabres of the off-season because they lack cap space. they have around 27 mill tied up in contracts i bet they would like to get rid of. Gomez, Camm, Kab, Markov, and Cole are bad contracts. they need to blow up this team and build around price, subban, and plekanec
    Posted by bostonfan191646

Not of the off-season, I'm talking about the 2nd half of the season . 
    If you recall the Sabres were one of the best teams after the holidays and made a charge.  From being a team out of the playoffs (as the Habs are now)  ended the season in the playoffs.
    Cap space ?  Markov can go on loing term injury,  Gomez shipped to their AHL team and all of a sudden they have  lots ofr caps space.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

About Gomez being shipped to their AHL team I believe he has a no movement contract

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I hope the separatist protesters rally to keep Gauthier. Because to them it doesn't matter if you did assemble the island of misfit toys, as long as you're from the province.

In another thread, a while ago, someone posted a great quote.
    "I bathe in their misery"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

As much as I absolutely despise the Canadiens and revel in every bad day they have, I must admit the NHL (and the Bruins) are better when the Habs have a decent team. Unlike the Canucks, who can finish last in the NHL forever and it would be too good for them and no one would care.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Yea I agree Soxfan, but it's so saweet seeing this organization in shambles & the people are worried about a not having a French Speaking coach when 2 of the best coaches the organization ever had were English! Goes to show you how ridiculous the "French" in PQ can be AGAIN!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And more troubles in Habsville.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/montreal-canadiens/Subban+still+steamed+over+being+scratched/5912124/story.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

As much as I absolutely despise the Canadiens and revel in every bad day they have, I must admit the NHL (and the Bruins) are better when the Habs have a decent team. Unlike the Canucks, who can finish last in the NHL forever and it would be too good for them and no one would care.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

You're right about the fact that the rivalry is better when the Habs have a decent team. With that said, I LOVE the fact that they are struggling and are overflowing with turmoil. This makes up for all those years where Bruins fans had to suffer at the hands of the Habs. Rotten management, cry baby fans, the constant drama and scrutiny by the fans and media. Who, in their right mind, would want to play there ????
    I Love it, I love it, I love it. I hope that they never win another game !!

If you are looking to brighten up your day try listening to TSN 990 with Tony Marinaro, Melnyck in the afternoon.......Nothing but hopeless Habs fans that are on the verge of tears.
    Brings a smile to my face.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

At no point do i ever feel sorry for the Habs, ever. Whats happening to them looks good on them, they worked hard to earn it. Karma never takes a day off and i for one think the N.H.L is just fine with the Habs having a crappy team. The rivalry can take a year off. With all that i've just said, remember, don't count them out, their like exczema, they don't disappear easily.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Posted by SoxFanInIL

Ha ha... good one.

Look around the arenas when the Canucks go on a road trip.  Plenty of blue jerseys in the stands, cheers when they score, and "Luuuuu" for good saves. (OK, probably not in Boston or Chicago, but certainly in Canada and most of the Western Conference).

I know you hate the Canucks, but give 'em their due.  They're a fast, skilled team, with plenty of fans, and not just in BC.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now : Ha ha... good one. Look around the arenas when the Canucks go on a road trip.  Plenty of blue jerseys in the stands, cheers when they score, and "Luuuuu" for good saves. (OK, probably not in Boston or Chicago, but certainly in Canada and most of the Western Conference). I know you hate the Canucks, but give 'em their due.  They're a fast, skilled team, with plenty of fans, and not just in BC.
    Posted by 49-North

Those blue jersies are delusional Toronto Maple Leafs fans who believe they are witnessing the 1967 Stanley cup finals, the "Luuuu" you hear is for former Maple Leafs Defenseman Lou Franceschetti.  No one knows why.
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=1763

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Bruins top cap hit at forward is Bergeron at 5 million. Montreal has 4 forwards who make that or more and all of them are signed for at least 2 more years. Gomez has a rotten contract but it's not like Cammalleri and Gionta are earning their money either. It couldn't happen to a nicer franchise......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by SoxFanInIL

I hate the Montreal Canadiens, and completely disagree that the Bruins, the NHL, and the world is better when the Habs have a decent team. May they suck forever!!!

LOL!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's not that hockey is better when the Habs have a decent team, but hockey is better when the Habs fans have what they want;
    a) players with French last names
    b) Even better - if those players speak french.
    c) and they actually come from Quebec.
    Clearly having a French speaking coach is more important to them than a winning record.  That's all they want.  They get that and they put skates on their preschoolers with more enthusiasm than usual.

The other piece of the puzzle is Toronto.  All they have to have is a team on the ice and they are relatively happy.

Another team in Hamilton would be a good thing for hockey, it would be like NYY and Mets with Leafs and Hamilton.

Another team in Quebec - Quebec Nordiques would be good for hockey as well, again the new v. old, would be a good thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now :      I hate the Montreal Canadiens, and completely disagree that the Bruins, the NHL, and the world is better when the Habs have a decent team. May they suck forever!!!        LOL!!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3

Absolutely, positively, well put !!

Sections
Shortcuts