HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now

In Response to Re: HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now:
    In Response to Re: HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now : Ha ha... good one. Look around the arenas when the Canucks go on a road trip.  Plenty of blue jerseys in the stands, cheers when they score, and "Luuuuu" for good saves. (OK, probably not in Boston or Chicago, but certainly in Canada and most of the Western Conference). I know you hate the Canucks, but give 'em their due.  They're a fast, skilled team, with plenty of fans, and not just in BC.
    Posted by 49-North

I absolutely give them their due.  Thats why I hate them so much.

Terrible, no-talent, embarrassing teams have nothing else to do but be cheap whiners. Thats to be expected.   But last playoff season, I was actually following the Canucks at the beginning and was riveted at the Chicago series because I thought the Canucks were so enormously talented and that this would probably be their year. I'd been picking them for the Cup for 2 years, much to my Chicago area friends' dismay.

However, their eventual behavior in the Finals was classless to a level Ive never encountered in my 40+ years in the game, and Ive been in some pretty low leagues. President's Trophy winners, acting like mini-mites.  Add in their management, writers and fans, some of which were friends of mine right up until the Finals, and I am still stunned at the behavior of a tremendously talented bunch of players and passionate (and I thought knowlegable) fanbase.

I didnt say the Canucks didnt have fans around the league; they have plenty.  However, you might not think so, but the Canucks have an inordinate amount of hockey fans and people in the game that dislike them, more than they should, because of their antics. They are actually more smarmy than Montreal, which is really, really hard.

I said the league and the Bruins are better when the Habs are better because Montreal is iconic in the sport. Vancouver has no such standing and its unfortunate their behavior causes so many people who really should be disinterested to dislike them so much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

PS: while I do believe the NHL is better with a stronger Montreal franchise, I am enjoying their misery tremendously and I hope to laugh at them for some time, until they eventually snap out of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

PS: while I do believe the NHL is better with a stronger Montreal franchise, I am enjoying their misery tremendously and I hope to laugh at them for some time, until they eventually snap out of it.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

For sure they'll snap out of it, i just hope it takes awhile.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now : For sure they'll snap out of it, i just hope it takes awhile.
    Posted by 50belowzero

2015 works for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now : 2015 works for me.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

I hear yah. (;

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

My wife never understood this about me, but I always cheered for the rival in hopes of setting up better playoff series. The title run is so much sweeter when the Bs knock off the Habs or Sox go through the Yanks. Every team needs 16 wins. Might as well get 4 of them against your most hated rival.

The Habs will always be there to beat up on. The new NHL alignment guarantees it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by SoxFanInIL

and the Bruins play with more emotion. 
    The last time these 2 met I'm not sure if it was the Habs putting them to sleep on purpose or the Bruins knowing the Habs were bad didn't bring their "A" game.
    I would like to think it was the Habs trying not to awake the Bruins.

BTW when is Jack Edwards going to stop saying " DON'T POKE THE BEAR !"  ???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: HABS called worst Canadian Team in NHL now : and the Bruins play with more emotion.  The last time these 2 met I'm not sure if it was the Habs putting them to sleep on purpose or the Bruins knowing the Habs were bad didn't bring their "A" game. I would like to think it was the Habs trying not to awake the Bruins. BTW when is Jack Edwards going to stop saying " DON'T POKE THE BEAR !"  ???
    Posted by BsLegion

Hockey gets better when fed at the grass roots.
    Let it spread to the south naturally.

Watch those idiots try Atlanta again before Hamilton, Hartford and Quebec city.

Hockey will get better if there is an alternative to the Maple Leafs and Habs.

Hockey will get better when there are teams in the areas where people play hockey.

Hockey needs to get played in places where it makes sense to get played in the US.  What's wrong with this picture?
    http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/state-totals/nhl-players-career-stats.html
    NH (8), VT(2) and Maine (6) should be producing way more players than they have.  Each of those states should have produced twice the numbers of players that they have.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Hockey needs to get played in places where it makes sense to get played in the US.  What's wrong with this picture? http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/state-totals/nhl-players-career-stats.html NH (8), VT(2) and Maine (6) should be producing way more players than they have.  Each of those states should have produced twice the numbers of players that they have.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Those number could also be skewed since it doesn't sperate defencemen, offensemen, and goalies. Just going off of Goals, Assists, and Points.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

What ???? worst Canadian Team in NHL ?????

I would call them worst NHL team ever ...Price way overated ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

What ???? worst Canadian Team in NHL ????? I would call them worst NHL team ever ...Price way overated ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

It seems to me he plays about 1 good game out of 5. Remember, it was Halak that took the Habs all the way to the ECF's a couple years ago, not Price.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

I set my alarm clock for 03:00 am, i wake to hate the Habs hen i go back to sleep.. then I sleep soo well. And now i dream of marchies giving it to the sisters in HoinkCouver.. i sleep double better

Sections
Shortcuts