Habs fire Gauthier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Habs fire Gauthier

This can't be much of a surprise to anyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Habs fire Gauthier

Wow.  They finally cut off the head of the snake.  I heard Scott Gomez has offered to pay for his moving expenses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let's see who they hire . Not sure why they kept him this long if they knew they were going to fire him why not do it before the trade deadline.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Patrick Roy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He was bad, but Ganey was bad too. He's the one that did all those signings. Gauthier made the situation worse. Hopefully they hire Mike Milbury now and keep the destruction coming.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Mike Milbury with the francophone media?!? I'd pay money to attend his first presser.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Instead of being mad at Cunneyworth Hab fans and the Montreal press should have directed their ire at Gauthier - or whomever hired him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

en tant que francophone, je suis très triste.
    Je préfère avoir une mauvaise équipe avec un gestionnaire de français langue générale

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Habs fire Gauthier:
    [QUOTE]He was bad, but Ganey was bad too. He's the one that did all those signings. Gauthier made the situation worse. Hopefully they hire Mike Milbury now and keep the destruction coming.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I would pay a small percentage of his salary just to make that happen. I look forward to the day he beats a reporter with his own shoe!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

A shame really. I liked where Montreal was headed with him at the head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Love watching the Habs in disaray. Keep everything the way it is.

Since there is no such thing as intelligent hockey talk on Boston sports radio, I often listen to TSN 990 out of Montreal while I'm at work. Typically, they have Tony Marinaro in the morning (he is excellent by the way. worth listening to). Tony is on vacation so they have someone filling in for him this week. It was interesting to hear the host talking about the relationship between Gauthier and team ownership. He also said that he had some freinds in the Boston organization and told the story of how Neely and Chiarelli also have a strained relationship. His source told him that Chiarelli's job was in serious jeopardy last year had they lost to the Habs. Julien was a definite gonner had they lost. Most interesting though is that Neely gave serious thought to bringing in Mike Milbury to replace Julien. Wow !

Oh Well. Go Bruins and may the fall of the Habs have no limit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Ed, if that is true then the B's seriously averted disaster on many levels. Milbury would have turned this team into Islanders 2.0 within a year.

All I can say is THANK GOD!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't know if I would believe any of that, but I guess it is possible. We are just lucky that Neely is the Prez, not the GM. Great athlete and player, yes. Smart guy who gets how to run a modern franchise? I doubt it. Neely couldn't fire Chiarelli though, that decision would fall on Jacobs himself. And it wouldn't be Neely who would bring in Milbury, that would fall on Chiarelli. So I put little faith in those rumours. They are just trying to make habs fans feel better by saying it could have been the Bruins in disarray if the Habs had won game 7.

[QUOTE]Love watching the Habs in disaray. Keep everything the way it is. Since there is no such thing as intelligent hockey talk on Boston sports radio, I often listen to TSN 990 out of Montreal while I'm at work. Typically, they have Tony Marinaro in the morning (he is excellent by the way. worth listening to). Tony is on vacation so they have someone filling in for him this week. It was interesting to hear the host talking about the relationship between Gauthier and team ownership. He also said that he had some freinds in the Boston organization and told the story of how Neely and Chiarelli also have a strained relationship. His source told him that Chiarelli's job was in serious jeopardy last year had they lost to the Habs. Julien was a definite gonner had they lost. Most interesting though is that Neely gave serious thought to bringing in Mike Milbury to replace Julien. Wow ! Oh Well. Go Bruins and may the fall of the Habs have no limit.
    Posted by ed121501[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know if I would believe any of that, but I guess it is possible. We are just lucky that Neely is the Prez, not the GM. Great athlete and player, yes. Smart guy who gets how to run a modern franchise? I doubt it. Neely couldn't fire Chiarelli though, that decision would fall on Jacobs himself. And it wouldn't be Neely who would bring in Milbury, that would fall on Chiarelli. So I put little faith in those rumours. They are just trying to make habs fans feel better by saying it could have been the Bruins in disarray if the Habs had won game 7. In Response to Re: Habs fire Gauthier :

Actually, I'm guessing that is is pretty accurate. If you remember the end of the regular season last year the B's were having a tough time going down the stretch and there were many people on these boards calling for Julien to be fired. There were also those who were saying that Chiarelli should go also. I can definitely see where Neely would have been thinking about making changes. we all know that the story had a happy ending and everyone kept their jobs but there was a stretch there where things were very tenuous at best.
    Also, you may not be a fan of Neely the businessman but make no mistake that Chiarelli answers to Neely and Neely could fire him if he chose to and if he wanted to bring in Milbury, Neely would be the guy to do it.
    Last time I checked President is above GM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

No way Chiarelli would've been axed if the Bs lost that game. Julien would be a sure goner.

The way I recall, the talk at the time was that PC did everything in his power with some slick cap management, drafting and signings to put talent on the ice, but Julien was too stubborn to change his ways and make it work. Thornton instead of Seguin. Ryder getting too many minutes. Not breaking up a struggling top line. Watering down the D with odd pairings. Not using timeouts. 4th line in crucial game moments. Not playing Rask enough down the stretch. Not going to Rask in Games 3 and 4 when Thomas was shaky in 1 and 2.

All of it was overblown, mind you, but that was the talk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]He was bad, but Ganey was bad too. He's the one that did all those signings. Gauthier made the situation worse. Hopefully they hire Mike Milbury now and keep the destruction coming.

That's correct.  Gainey is the one that had the 5 year plan that failed miserably.  The only good thing he did was draft Price.  Subban was mostly Trevor Timmins head of scouting.  Also the Gomez trade ,   Grabovsky's rights to speak to Sundin ,  Ribiero for Janne Niinimaa are all very very bad moves from Gainey.

Roy will only be approached to become coach for the Habs but if Quebec might be getting a team that is where Roy's priorities would be,  as the GM of the new franchise in Quebec.

You Bruin fans are going to love this...  everyone has and is talking about Pierre McGuire becoming the GM.  He's already met up with Molson about a month ago.
    My bet is on this.

As for Mike Milbury, never as a GM but he was a good coach and that's not by me the Bruins fan ,  it's from former players that were coached by him.  Also Pierre Mcguire said it ..oh well so much for credibility.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]A shame really. I liked where Montreal was headed with him at the head.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]
    I agree with this wholeheartedly.  However, the firing will have an upside if it means that Pierre McGuire will be removed from the airwaves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs fire Gauthier : I agree with this wholeheartedly.  However, the firing will have an upside if it means that Pierre McGuire will be removed from the airwaves.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]
    I saw McGuire say that he's happy on the airwaves and has no desire to be a coach or GM right now. Either way, I'm a little surprised that he's got the NHL resume that he does as he really seems to be pretty dense regarding actual game play sometimes. I can't believe that imbecile was an actual assistant coach let alone, a Cup winner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Next Habs GM appears to be Julien Brisebois, currently the asst GM with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Next Habs head coach is likely Patrick Roy.  He's reportedly bought a home in the Montreal suburb of Brossard - next to the team's practice facility.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs fire Gauthier : I agree with this wholeheartedly.  However, the firing will have an upside if it means that Pierre McGuire will be removed from the airwaves.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]
    Take that trade anyday

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I can see McGuire running around and screaming like a little girl now. I think the Habs should only be allowed to have GM's named Pierre.

The vision I see is truly priceless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Habs fire Gauthier:[QUOTE] A shame really. I liked where Montreal was headed with him at the head. Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

+1!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Whomever takes over that club might have his hands full rebuilding it.  CapGeek says the likes of Rene Bourque, Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Markov, Brian Gionta and at $7 million plus per Scott Gomez all have NTCs.  Might be a hurdle to get over.  Especially Gomez.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Hurdle? It's like the great wall of China. No getting around it.

Sections
Shortcuts