Habs in the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Habs in the playoffs

Yes,it is the refs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Rangers are falling into the Bruin trap with Montreal.

They want to bring the puck into the net. Just get the puck on net; flip it, wrist it, bank it - it will find a way in. If they don't they'll keep making Tokarski look good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

One of the things Montreal has shown consistently in these playoffs is opportunistic scoring and scoring depth.  When they need a goal, they often seem to get one and their getting them from a lot of different places.  It reminds me of the 2011 Bruins in that way.  Peverly, Marchand, Paille, Ference, etc. all seemed to chip in goals when need, outside of the guys that were the primary scorers at the time.  We were all shocked to see Weise score goals, Briere had a big one, Galchenyuk last game, and then you expect them from the top line.  They just seem to have the opportunistic scoring through the lineup.  That's one thing that doesn't seem flukey either.  Give em' credit for that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Canadiens better team tonight but ding the post and St Louis does not nana nana hey hey hey good bye....

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of the things Montreal has shown consistently in these playoffs is opportunistic scoring and scoring depth.  When they need a goal, they often seem to get one and their getting them from a lot of different places.  It reminds me of the 2011 Bruins in that way.  Peverly, Marchand, Paille, Ference, etc. all seemed to chip in goals when need, outside of the guys that were the primary scorers at the time.  We were all shocked to see Weise score goals, Briere had a big one, Galchenyuk last game, and then you expect them from the top line.  They just seem to have the opportunistic scoring through the lineup.  That's one thing that doesn't seem flukey either.  Give em' credit for that.

[/QUOTE]

Nice post, but Habs can get all the secondary scoring and have their top lines contribute as well but too much of a tall task without Price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

...Are done!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Nine PPs for the Habs tonight, three for the Rangers. Habs are a farce. They talk about respect.  They deserve none, zero, for the way they trash the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

No celebrating until they are dead.  Both the Rags and the Habs were playing multiple elimination games last round and they are still alive.

So, does the Montreal rookie's play prove Price isnt really Ken Dryden?

Quite a shot by St. Louis.  I do love the way goalies go down on every shot these days.  Looked like Crawford lately.

C'mon Rags.  One more, don't let them off the hook.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

King Henrick vs the NHL refs; and the winner is? The king...he and Quick are by far the best goalies in the league.

[/QUOTE]

He and Quick are not by far the best goalies in the league. To me there is no clear cut best goalie in the league right now. Quick, Rask, Price, Lundqvist..Not much seperates them. If Price were in and Lundqvist were out this seires could easily be 3-1 the other way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

The Scabs aren't down 3 games to 1 because Price is out.  It's because the NYR are faster and can crash the net better than the Bs.  Oh, and St. Louis threaded the needle with that OT winner.  

Price wouldn't have made a difference.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The most praiseworthy thing the Habs have going for them is an effective power play.  Subban is pretty potent from the point with a decent screen in front.

IMO the stretch pass seems like they are gambling, if that gets turned over they might be in trouble.

It is uncanny how often they capitalize on a mistake.

I'm not seeing how it is that they so often get a guy open for the backdoor pass and shot on goal, it is as if every time they do it, it scores.

Say what you will, but I would call the Habs the Cinderella team of the playoffs, I would guess the stats would agree with me.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

First and foremost I cannot stand the Montreal Canadians dating way back to Dryden.  That said I have to give kudos to their defense, look at Tokarski's play for evidence.  They are playing well as a team. I agree Price deserves recognition but the fact is the defense has been the difference.  Rangers scoring goals though is a bit shocking.  

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

King Henrick vs the NHL refs; and the winner is? The king...he and Quick are by far the best goalies in the league.

[/QUOTE]

He and Quick are not by far the best goalies in the league. To me there is no clear cut best goalie in the league right now. Quick, Rask, Price, Lundqvist..Not much seperates them. If Price were in and Lundqvist were out this seires could easily be 3-1 the other way.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Great to see Olczyk and Milbury call out the Habs and their embellishment.  Jones did it in the B's series, when Gallagher played dead in the corner.

The Subban "leap" on the highstick to the visor and the Plekanec delayed head snap on the stick to the chest were classic Hab's embellishment. 

Therrian pulls the ref aside to make sure he "protects" his goalie.

That's the strategy and has been for awhile.  Worked great against the B's.  This "we need faster players" stuff misses the point.  Everyone is faster than you when you play with uncertainty.  Hab's embellishment and threat of PP got into the B's heads and changed everything.

Like Olczyk's idea of making embellishment a double-minor.

Looking for the Rags to wrap this one up and send this soccer team home.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys are all out of control.

Montreal beat Boston and is now in the Conference Finals.  All of this "yeah but" does not matter in the least bit.  If the B's had played better, they probably would have won.  When it mattered, the Bruins played poorly.

Get over it.

I agree

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great to see Olczyk and Milbury call out the Habs and their embellishment.  Jones did it in the B's series, when Gallagher played dead in the corner.

The Subban "leap" on the highstick to the visor and the Plekanec delayed head snap on the stick to the chest were classic Hab's embellishment. 

That's the strategy and has been for awhile.  Worked great against the B's.  This "we need faster players" stuff misses the point.  Everyone is faster than you when you play with uncertainty.  Hab's embellishment and threat of PP got into the B's heads and changed everything.

[/QUOTE]

Eddie O. was cracking me up last night.  You can tell he's just at his wits end with this nonsense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well with the 8 powerplays the Habs had last night, Bettman and NBC are done tying to help the Shabs.

1 for 8 cmon Montreal!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder how much this has to do with coaching. do they constantly warn them to the point the players play so hesitant ?  Why do you think Subban after gm6 wished the gm7 would be dirty ? NHL's reply ? Put in refs that will call everything , we don't want a game to go out of hand on prime time.

Happened again in this series , Prust hit , all the smack talk on the off days , NHL puts in the refs that will call everything. AND the Habs know it.   Difference is the Rangers stopped the Habs on their PPs and played through all the BS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will not have people being upset with my BFF.

I will not have my BFF being a broken record to make people upset.

Fix it.

[/QUOTE]

Oh c'mon, I'm finally having more fun with it now.  The lone wolf has been hammering conspiracy theorists and 'whiners' since the Bruins lost, and then he whines his way into the Kreider-Price conspiracy theory to the tune of a standing ovation for Prust for breaking a guy's jaw on an illegal hit...?

You gotta slap the wolf on that.  He's been having a goddamned field day here since the B's lost.

I already admitted he's been pretty much right about Crawford and Subban, which hopefully has triggered a reverse jinx on those two...

[/QUOTE]

If you think im having a field day you need to reread most of the hab bashing threads.  I will be tickled pink when they lose bc ive been getting hammered from my dad and brother who are habs diehards.  

I tipped my cap to them winning and beating the bruins.  What ive read here the last two weeks has been priceless, especially from who its coming from.  The refs want yhe habs to win, the habs are cheating and getting away with it, the habs are slew footing everyone...etc etc.  i pointed out a stat where the habs had the lead or were tied over 86% of the series and only allowed 2 even strength goals in 3 games.  

The kicker is people are whining about the habs whining.   

Now, if you think kreider turned into bambi on ice then thats up to you. Yes he was helped on the way but he made zero attempts.  Only if that were gallagher ending rasks season would it be cheap.  Kreider is doing what hes supposed to do by driving the net.  But zero attempt to avoid.  Nash did it last night, kreider the game before.   As for prust it was a very late hit...he got suspended but stephan sure didnt look hurt.  Prust took care of business.  Run our goalie and im taking out one of your best players.  

My comments have been in regards to people whining about how the habs do everything wrong.  I havent commented on much else but getting a chuckle out of it.  Thats not whining.  Its amusement for me that you think the habs have found a way to beat the NHL.  

I love playoff hockey, i love the bruins, i love when the habs and penguins lose....BUT i dont let the habs winning alter the way i think about the game and i dont hate them like when i was younger.

book/fletch.  I apologize i dont agree with the 'voice of reason and mr. Longpost'.  If this makes me a habs fan and caps fan i guess i will have to live with that title.  I do like the caps as a second team by the way.  

Cheers

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And for NAS i wont comment again on this subject even though he did start a thread in regards to similar thoughts about this.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Call 'em the Montreal Globetrotters.

Sections
Shortcuts