Habs in the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Habs in the playoffs

I am looking at this 100% objectively.  I don't understand how these guys are winning games.  To my eyes it looks like they're getting dominated and then not putting up quality shots and then they get either a quality opportunity or a backdoor pass and band it's in the net.  They look more lucky than good.  If I were a fan of theirs, sure I would be happy they have gotten as far as they have, but I wouldn't be confident of them winning even one more game especially with a backup in goal.

I don't get it.  Their speed is over rated.  Can someone explain the Xs and Os?  How the heck do they get so many stretch passes to work?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Habs in the playoffs

I agree with your frustration.  I cannot explain the strategy but I can say it reminds me of the 93' Montreal Canadians...fortuitous.  The Rangers have more speed btw.  So I don't get that rationale.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

BHab, I don't think you're being objective at all.  Mr. Objective himself, Shupe, says the Habs dominated every game they've won.  I agree with Isla.  I've never seen a team get so many breaks since the '93 Habs.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Habs scored a goal off a skate and a leg in regulation. Then the OT winner off a chin.

Wow!!! They played really great hockey!!???

Without a helpful call or two each game, they would lose each and every game.

Where is Subban? Is he playing? Nothing left after the Bruins, eh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Is it possible to be objective about the Scabs?  In paying one of my debts to a Scabs fan after the series, I realized how deluded they sound.  They see it completely differently.  They're the deep team - I mean, Briere and Vanek on the fourth line?!?!  No one has a #2 D as good as Markov.  They have a speed advantage and a game plan to take advantage of it.  No one realizes how good they are - after all, they were second in the conference last year, fourth in the conference this year and that was with a 100 point season - and no one respects them because it's fashionable to hate them (oh, poor Montreal!! yes, when you watch CBC, that's what I think all the time - how hated Montreal is).  Price is the best goalie in the East.  Subban's a game-breaker and a difference maker.  So's Pacioretty.  Plekanec is just as good as Bergeron, but because he plays in Montreal, no one gives him credit.

I did the long version of what I saw in the Boston-Montreal series already; long story short, the Scabs had a gameplan to attack Boston and Boston specifically (really, it was the old Paul Maurice Carolina gameplan), they executed it as well as you possibly could right down to the outrageous PP%, but if Boston plays anywhere near their potential, the Scabs are golfing and not the Bruins.  Boston was mediocre at best, and they still came very close to sending game 7 to OT before the Boychuk penalty.  The Scab fan I had to buy a meal sees that as the Scabs making the Bruins look mediocre.  Objectively, I guess you'd have to say it's both because the Bruins have taken it to teams attacking them with speed - they had a pretty solid record against everyone, fast or slow, East or West.

The Scabs beat the Tampans because the Tampans have no defense or goaltending - they gave up an average of 4 goals a game in that series.  Montreal gave up 4, 1, 2, 3, which isn't stellar against a popgun offense of Stamkos and two rookies.  Give them credit for what they did right against Boston even if you can list a few things that went their way, and it's hard to say anyone can get an objective read on that team.  When I think about the number of goals they gave Tampa, the Bruin comebacks in games 1 and 2 and the shellacking in game 5, and the 7 goals in game 1 v the Rangers, I have to think they can be had.  Rangers overthought Tokarski.  Just play and you'll beat the Scabs.  Ignore all the garbage and just go sweep them away.

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Is it possible to be objective about the Scabs?  In paying one of my debts to a Scabs fan after the series, I realized how deluded they sound.  They see it completely differently.  They're the deep team - I mean, Briere and Vanek on the fourth line?!?!  No one has a #2 D as good as Markov.  They have a speed advantage and a game plan to take advantage of it.  No one realizes how good they are - after all, they were second in the conference last year, fourth in the conference this year and that was with a 100 point season - and no one respects them because it's fashionable to hate them (oh, poor Montreal!! yes, when you watch CBC, that's what I think all the time - how hated Montreal is).  Price is the best goalie in the East.  Subban's a game-breaker and a difference maker.  So's Pacioretty.  Plekanec is just as good as Bergeron, but because he plays in Montreal, no one gives him credit.

I did the long version of what I saw in the Boston-Montreal series already; long story short, the Scabs had a gameplan to attack Boston and Boston specifically (really, it was the old Paul Maurice Carolina gameplan), they executed it as well as you possibly could right down to the outrageous PP%, but if Boston plays anywhere near their potential, the Scabs are golfing and not the Bruins.  Boston was mediocre at best, and they still came very close to sending game 7 to OT before the Boychuk penalty.  The Scab fan I had to buy a meal sees that as the Scabs making the Bruins look mediocre.  Objectively, I guess you'd have to say it's both because the Bruins have taken it to teams attacking them with speed - they had a pretty solid record against everyone, fast or slow, East or West.

The Scabs beat the Tampans because the Tampans have no defense or goaltending - they gave up an average of 4 goals a game in that series.  Montreal gave up 4, 1, 2, 3, which isn't stellar against a popgun offense of Stamkos and two rookies.  Give them credit for what they did right against Boston even if you can list a few things that went their way, and it's hard to say anyone can get an objective read on that team.  When I think about the number of goals they gave Tampa, the Bruin comebacks in games 1 and 2 and the shellacking in game 5, and the 7 goals in game 1 v the Rangers, I have to think they can be had.  Rangers overthought Tokarski.  Just play and you'll beat the Scabs.  Ignore all the garbage and just go sweep them away.

Isn't that the essence of their fans, BB? It seems all-encompassing as if a divine right. Their frothing-at-the-mouth ideology seems to mislead their eyes and judgement regarding the reality of situations. I started regularly reading the BDC back in 2009. When the Bruins were a lofty 36-9 or 39-6 in January, the comment vibe seemed very much hold on, let's wait and see. I don't recall very much chest beating. Had it been Montreal, man LOOK OUT! Chestbeating.com right there. After they knocked off the Bruins one of the local stations here in Toronto showed some Hab fans in a bar whooping it up. Camera pans to one yob who screams "24 CUPS BABY!" I'm thinking "F--king idiot. And what does that have to do with tonight?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Simply put,the Scabs stink.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You guys are all out of control.

Montreal beat Boston and is now in the Conference Finals.  All of this "yeah but" does not matter in the least bit.  If the B's had played better, they probably would have won.  When it mattered, the Bruins played poorly.

Get over it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Certainly the Bruins played poorly.  Let's look at their win against the Rangers.  How are they in the same rink as the Rangers?

As a player I look at the Bruins and the average Bruin player, or same with the Rangers.  I would rather be a Ranger or Bruin player because it seems they are doing the right stuff, controlling the puck, keeping possession, playing a tight system.

I look at the Canadiens and it looks like they are gambling on the stretch pass and get the occasional backdoor pass into an open net.

I'm looking at this as objectively as I can and I wonder how they won a game against the Rangers, against the Bruins - the Bruins played poorly and that is the whole story, but even so, it seems that a Bruins team with Seguin hangovers should have beaten them.

Tampa I can understand, they have Bishop claiming workman's comp faking some sort of malady and no defensemen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

If the Scabs lose to the Rags, then it's all a non-discussion.  THey are fishing like anyone else.

The Bruins were built to win it ALL and lost.  Why?  That's the analysis to work on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You guys are all out of control.

Montreal beat Boston and is now in the Conference Finals.  All of this "yeah but" does not matter in the least bit.  If the B's had played better, they probably would have won.  When it mattered, the Bruins played poorly.

Get over it.

You have to be a reel fan or care about winning and loosing we all know you don't so go away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Mtl have players that can skate and shoot . I was right on when i said they'd get breaks and we wouldn't. until further success..  Price is overrated.. Yes shupe and whoever feels Price is awesome. Of course at this point the same can be said for Rask. It is not mystifying the least bit. the bruins couldn't score .. i wasn't that surprised... reg season notwithstanding. Ranger are seriously playing over their heads but i think this wave will continue and Henrik will be back there making sure of it. He's been great. If Mtl happen to win tonight my confidence in picking the rangers will obviously take a blow.

Can you imagine MTL winning the cup with Tokaraski ..... this would certainly set a precedent in having a top reg goali in nets.

p.s not saying price is krap just not as good as he's advertised

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

Did he get soup?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

BHab, I don't think you're being objective at all.  Mr. Objective himself, Shupe, says the Habs dominated every game they've won.  I agree with Isla.  I've never seen a team get so many breaks since the '93 Habs.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

Please find the qoute where i said this.  If you can find it I will leave forever.  If not how about you?  

The habs played with the lead or were tied with the bruins for over 86% of the series.  They allowed 2 even strength goals in the last 3 gms.  

I will be waiting for the qoute.  

Ive been on these boards a long time. Ive never seen a group whine so much about one team.  Wow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Ive been on these boards a long time. Ive never seen a group whine so much about one team.  Wow."

This is patently bs shupe.  For starters, there's a constant whine about the Bruins that eclipses anything you'll read about the Scabs....   And really, it surprises you that Bruins fans hate the Scabs?  Like I said, being objective about them just doesn't seem plausible.  It took fifty years for the Bruins to win a playoffs series against that franchise, and when they did, all you heard about from the Montreal side was that if Richer hadn't gotten slashed by a vicious and evil Bruin with intent to injure, the Bruins wouldn't have won.  I'm tempted to say that my complaints are more about the narratives you hear from the Scab fans and media - everything from calling 9-11 on Chara to Therrien's strategic rant about Ftorek telling McLaren to injure Zednik and on and on and on....  Now it's Kreider deliberately attempting to injure Price and Stepan faking an injury when their guy waited until Stepan was applying for an AARP card he was so late when he hit him.  But you know what?  It starts with the team.  Therrien plays the entitled whiner card as well as any coach in the league.  And you know what?  Subban looks like a freaking messiah for the way he conducts himself off the ice about that stuff.  Good for him.  Shame on the franchise if the guy known for immature antics on the ice is the most mature voice off it.

I hate that franchise.  Sue me.  You want to see whining about one franchise, though, go read what the Montreal fans have been saying about the Bruins.  If whining was calories, this is a celery stick and they've having the large poutine with extra unctuous sauce.

Maybe if you weren't really a Capitals fan in mufti you'd get it.  They do have those great right wingers....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

"Ive been on these boards a long time. Ive never seen a group whine so much about one team.  Wow."

This is patently bs shupe.  For starters, there's a constant whine about the Bruins that eclipses anything you'll read about the Scabs....   And really, it surprises you that Bruins fans hate the Scabs?  Like I said, being objective about them just doesn't seem plausible.  It took fifty years for the Bruins to win a playoffs series against that franchise, and when they did, all you heard about from the Montreal side was that if Richer hadn't gotten slashed by a vicious and evil Bruin with intent to injure, the Bruins wouldn't have won.  I'm tempted to say that my complaints are more about the narratives you hear from the Scab fans and media - everything from calling 9-11 on Chara to Therrien's strategic rant about Ftorek telling McLaren to injure Zednik and on and on and on....  Now it's Kreider deliberately attempting to injure Price and Stepan faking an injury when their guy waited until Stepan was applying for an AARP card he was so late when he hit him.  But you know what?  It starts with the team.  Therrien plays the entitled whiner card as well as any coach in the league.  And you know what?  Subban looks like a freaking messiah for the way he conducts himself off the ice about that stuff.  Good for him.  Shame on the franchise if the guy known for immature antics on the ice is the most mature voice off it.

I hate that franchise.  Sue me.  You want to see whining about one franchise, though, go read what the Montreal fans have been saying about the Bruins.  If whining was calories, this is a celery stick and they've having the large poutine with extra unctuous sauce.

Maybe if you weren't really a Capitals fan in mufti you'd get it.  They do have those great right wingers....

I love that i can get a rise outta you.  Im sure your bruins jam jams are better then mine.  For a guy who is absolutely one of my favorites you sound like a terrible loser.  As dad would always tell me the great thing about sports is there is always next year.  

Chin up book.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nah, I'd be just as spiteful, surly, condescending and petty if the Bruins had beaten them.

Best way to deal with Scab fans is to be graceful about the loss.  Drives them nuts.  Montreal played well.  Boston did not.  Kudos to them.  It's like they want to eat their own children they get so frustrated. 

Just curious, but was your dad a Leafs fan?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

King Henrick vs the NHL refs; and the winner is? The king...he and Quick are by far the best goalies in the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Shupe, are you actually watching the series?  I just saw the Rangers look like they were on a PP when it was 5 on 5.

I'm not whining, I'm wondering how they are doing it.  And no, it's not the refs, and no, they certainly don't have sheer talent, they do have some speed, yes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Perfect example just happened right now, Rangers dominate and the Canadiens get one break and score.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Please find the qoute where i said this.  If you can find it I will leave forever.  If not how about you?  

The habs played with the lead or were tied with the bruins for over 86% of the series.  They allowed 2 even strength goals in the last 3 gms.  

I will be waiting for the qoute.  

Ive been on these boards a long time. Ive never seen a group whine so much about one team.  Wow.

shupe, you have been the biggest whiner here by far.  Literally, for weeks now.  Before the playoffs it wasn't so bad, but almost every post is whining now.

Usually it's whining about Bruins player conduct, or fans, or whining about people bad-mouthing your Habs, but now it's even whining about the Price injury...and most recently the insane conspiracy theory about Kreider.  All whining.

Lone wolf calling everyone....wolves...?

Chin up, Stop whining.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

King Henrick vs the NHL refs; and the winner is? The king...he and Quick are by far the best goalies in the league.

I don't think there is a level headed hockey fan that will agree that those two are by far the best.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I will not have people being upset with my BFF.

I will not have my BFF being a broken record to make people upset.

Fix it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Perfect example just happened right now, Rangers dominate and the Canadiens get one break and score.

This happens all regular season quite a bit and through the playoffs. One team has the puck in the offensive zone for 18 minutes and then the other team scores to take a lead to the break.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I will not have people being upset with my BFF.

I will not have my BFF being a broken record to make people upset.

Fix it.

Oh c'mon, I'm finally having more fun with it now.  The lone wolf has been hammering conspiracy theorists and 'whiners' since the Bruins lost, and then he whines his way into the Kreider-Price conspiracy theory to the tune of a standing ovation for Prust for breaking a guy's jaw on an illegal hit...?

You gotta slap the wolf on that.  He's been having a goddamned field day here since the B's lost.

I already admitted he's been pretty much right about Crawford and Subban, which hopefully has triggered a reverse jinx on those two...

• Sections
    Shortcuts