Habs new GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Habs new GM

...is Marc Bergevin.
    What is the skinny on this guy? I know the name, that he came from the Blackhawks, and assume that he speaks fluent french Wink, but that is all.

I just saw his picture on TSN. Looks like they hired Jeff Goldblum

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Habs new GM

Played "D" for the whale way back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I know very little about him, but recall a rugged, but slow defensmen for Hartford and St. Louis.

I hope his first order of business is extending the Scott Gomez contract and un-learning French.

Boy did Cunneyworth get a screw job.  Hope he gets another chance with an organization that cares less about his linguistic talents...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Habs new GM:
    [QUOTE]I know very little about him, but recall a rugged, but slow defensmen for Hartford and St. Louis. I hope his first order of business is extending the Scott Gomez contract and un-learning French. Boy did Cunneyworth get a screw job.  Hope he gets another chance with an organization that cares less about his linguistic talents...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Extending Gemez. LOL. For his sake I hope he's good at cleaning up messes, oh and by the way Price is a RFA, and you hit the nail on the head Fletch, even the biggest Habhaters around have to feel for the raw deal Cunneyworth has gotten here. I'll give him credit, he handled it the right way, and I'm sure other people in the league took notice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I can imagine the Islanders could use a new GM. Or Toronto. lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs new GM : Extending Gemez. LOL. For his sake I hope he's good at cleaning up messes, oh and by the way Price is a RFA, and you hit the nail on the head Fletch, even the biggest Habhaters around have to feel for the raw deal Cunneyworth has gotten here. I'll give him credit, he handled it the right way, and I'm sure other people in the league took notice.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I'd love it if Cunneyworth was coaching some contender in a few years time.
    Just another piece of gristle for 'Le Fidele' to chew on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

Sorry for you Cunneyworth is staying with the habs organization

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And his first order of business was to hook Cunneyworth and demote him back to assistant. Gotta feel sorry for how he's been treated by the Habs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I hope he's terrible. But he does speak some mad french, so that's 75% of the job right there. Bob Gainey screwed the team up good, so he has an uphill battle, almost as bad as Gauthier had.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Red, at least he kept Cunney on the payroll. Bergevin was a steady stay at home defenseman. Looks like he has had some good training with the Blackhawks, and Bowman, the younger. Don't really like the Habs finsing a solid type manager, rather see them continue to stumble.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like it better when the Habs are relevant, a meaningful Habs-Bruins game is always exciting and a Bruins-Habs playoff series to me is just the best rivalry in all of sports, bar none, never dissapoints.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Cunneyworth should go west to EDM. That roster should have won waaaay more than 32 games this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

Do a favor to humanity... shut up for a while... :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not the fleetest of players when he played but apparently he has been moving up the ladder in a few organizations. His latest gig was AGM for the Hawks so he is not altogether a newbie. then again, the recently fired Habs GM had ample amounts of experience too and made the team worse so time will tell how this will work out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I remember Bergevin for two things: I think he lived out of a suitcase he moved so often, and every time there was a "funniest man in the NHL" article, he was hand's down the king.  I'm hoping this whole gig is an opportunity to prank all of Montreal - sign an entire team of unilingual Kazakhs, replace the beer with extra strong tonic water, change the team colours to pink on mauve, and goodnight, try the veal!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I hope he's terrible. But he does speak some mad french, so that's 75% of the job right there. Bob Gainey screwed the team up good, so he has an uphill battle, almost as bad as Gauthier had.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Its one of the few things he did really well as their g.m.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

heard that he used to check into hotels as "Denis Lemieux", the goalie in Slapshot....

also, once trying to clear the puck behind his team's net he threw it into the net instead....

dealing with the francophone media won't be as funny....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In the 90s, the Hockey News had an article that detailed some of his best pranks.  I think he was king of the hotfoot among other things.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I totally enjoy Canadien history, I am a firm believer in cultural heritage being maintained.  Yet, when it comes to sports, it is absolutely dumb.  Swedes loved Scotty Bowman!  As for the new GM, totally lost on his managerial expertise, I sincerely hope he does well and loses every fing game to the Bs.  As for Cunneyworth, he deserves the best of fortunes, a Stanley Cup coach would be perfect. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

And Pierre McGuire was the runner-up for the GM job?

If I were Cunnyworth I'd politely decline the offer to stay as an assistant "for now, and the new coach will decide if Randy stays."

Sections
Shortcuts