Habs promise to hire french speaking coach.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Habs promise to hire french speaking coach.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7415039/montreal-canadiens-apologize-upset-french-canadian-fans

This is getting ridiculous up there. how fair is this to Randy Cunneyworth? Now you've just said he wont be back next year, that'll help his cause for getting this team back into the playoff hunt. They might as well fire him now. I know everyone here hates them, but as one poster said, it's better when the Habs are relevent, I agree with that and I for one love nothing more than a Habs-Bruins playoff series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach.

Maybe now the fans will cancel that rally this Saturday they were going to do to protest their non-French speaking coach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach.:
    Maybe now the fans will cancel that rally this Saturday they were going to do to protest their non-French speaking coach.
    Posted by BsLegion

I'm kind of hoping for a riot, does that make me a bad person?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach. : I'm kind of hoping for a riot, does that make me a bad person?
    Posted by BadHabitude

^^  I want to see cars burning!.. and idiots trying to hurdle them!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

With headlines like the one below it appears the media in that city is trying to run the team.  Note the reference to the defeat seemingly being pinned solely on Cunneyworth are the only words in English.  I loathe the Habs but that organization used to be all about winning but now...
    source:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

RHO, i bet 99% of those polled didn't even know what a hat-trick, i mean, truc-du-chapeau is....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

RHO, i bet 99% of those polled didn't even know what a hat-trick, i mean, truc-du-chapeau is....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

days - Perhaps they're more adept at assisting the officials with their calls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

what's french for bigots?
    Posted by Karl-Hungus

Canadien.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Like I've said elsewhere, there are only two bilingual cities in this league - Montreal and the Peg. If the Peg treated its french minority the way Montreal treats its english minority, there'd be riots in the street. (Though I guess the same could be said of LA and Miami if they treated their spainish minority similarily.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

How would you consider a french speaking coach with the Bruins ? Only the assistant coach could talk with the media. I don't care if the Canadiens coach doesn't speak english but what would you do if CJ was speaking french only ?

What about Cunneyworth if he wins the cup ? They replace him anyway because he doesn't speak french?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach. : Canadi e n.
    Posted by dezaruchi

dez - Brilliant!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Randy-Cunneyworth-unilingual-Anglophone-vows-t?urn=nhl-wp21512
    Looks like he's going to try and appease the masses.  Although Guy Carbonneau suggested Cunneyworth learn some French he wondered where he would find the time being a rookie coach and all that positition involves especially in Montreal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I hope they hire Patrick Roy, what a circus that would be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've said it before, I'll say it again because it just feels so good...

Know what floats my boat?
    A sea of Habby tears!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

With headlines like the one below it appears the media in that city is trying to run the team.  Note the reference to the defeat seemingly being pinned solely on Cunneyworth are the only words in English.  I loathe the Habs but that organization used to be all about winning but now...
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Awesome that they took the pic in Boston - with all those Bruins jersies behind the bench!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

As of this morning the Habs are in the fifth lottery spot. Kind of warms the heart.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

As of this morning the Habs are in the fifth lottery spot. Kind of warms the heart.
    Posted by red75

Sure does :)  Hoping they stay in that spot and pick a dud in the draft!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach. : Awesome that they took the pic in Boston - with all those Bruins jersies behind the bench!
    Posted by BadHabitude

Exactly, BH! Truly fitting!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If they're going to make a turn around, it has to be this month. They only have 3 road games all month, only have one set of back to backs, and don't travel any further away than Pittsburgh. That said, every team they play in January, has a better record than them, and only Tampa and the Leafs aren't solid playoff contenders, so no easy wins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Habs are 9 pts back, thats alot of ground to make up for a GOOD team. I know anything is possible but even in french impossible sounds the same if you're loaded.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Habs are 9 pts back, thats alot of ground to make up for a GOOD team. I know anything is possible but even in french impossible sounds the same if you're loaded.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Well they play one of the worst road teams in the league tonight, so if they're going to start a run to have even a hope, I'd say today has to be the day. That said, one of the very few games that the Jets have won on the road was a 4-0 shutout of the Habs, so it may not be that easy. If they lose tonight, with NYI playing Anaheim on Friday and the Canes meeting the Sabres, there's a very real chance they could be tied for last place in the Conference by the weekend.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach. : Well they play one of the worst road teams in the league tonight, so if they're going to start a run to have even a hope, I'd say today has to be the day. That said, one of the very few games that the Jets have won on the road was a 4-0 shutout of the Habs, so it may not be that easy. If they lose tonight, with NYI playing Anaheim on Friday and the Canes meeting the Sabres, there's a very real chance they could be tied for last place in the Conference by the weekend.
    Posted by red75

Wasn't that 4-0 win played in Winnipeg ? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

At some point last month, I think around the 21st, some sportswriter did a discussion of what teams should be considered in or out at that point, primarily based upon historical data.  Within the current playoff format, no team had overcome more than a 9 point deficit at that point.  If the Canadiens make the playoffs, it would have to be in historic fashion.

That said, of course, what happened in the past has nothing to do with the games played now.

Wow, just checked something.  Looking at "Past 10", no team in the East has earned fewer points than the Canadiens.  Teams above them are pulling away, and teams below catching up.  Fast.  Their official chance to make the playoffs based on record may be 9.3%, but I would not even consider taking those odds.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach. : Wasn't that 4-0 win played in Winnipeg ? 
    Posted by 50belowzero

Oops. You're right - my bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach. : Oops. You're right - my bad.
    Posted by red75

No big deal. I watched part of that game and the thing that stood out was the chemistry between Evander Kane and Wheeler, both are great skaters and Kane is turning into a very good player. I can't remember the third member of that line, maybe Burmistrov, but a fast line for sure. Gave the Habs d-men fits all night.

Sections
Shortcuts